• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Didn't that thing come with a 5A-FE engine ? The very same engine that the E100/E110 Corolla came with and Sri Lankans claim literally ran on fuel fumes and did amazing fuel figures ?

it was a copy of the 5A-FE i think - in the copying process the Chinese maybe forgot to add the magical unicorn tears that made the 5AFE run on fumes. The people who bought them probably expected the same magic :D 

3 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Think it was based on the Toyota engine but chinese made

Just checked....initially the 5A-FE apparently was sourced from Toyota via FAW (who was making if for their version of the Platz and Starlet/Charade). But once Toyota phased out the engine apparently Geely started making it under license from Toyota. My guess is that the first stock which was bought was just a bunch of left overs from Toyota as I am pretty sure the 5A-FE models were retired around the time Geely was born. Interestingly Geely made their own gearbox for it.

2 hours ago, matroska said:

magical unicorn tears that made the 5AFE run on fumes

I suppose unicorns were categorized as endangered mythical creatures. So no one could harvest their tears.

4 hours ago, iRage said:

Didn't that thing come with a 5A-FE engine ? The very same engine that the E100/E110 Corolla came with and Sri Lankans claim literally ran on fuel fumes and did amazing fuel figures ?

5 hours ago, matroska said:

Is being bad on fuel a Chinese thing? Few years back due to it's low price the Geely MX7 was used in tourism and one major complaint other than the overall build quality and malfunctioning fuel gauges (leading to running out of fuel without knowing :D )  was that it was quite bad in fuel for a smallish sedan 

P.S: @Crosswind I  believe it's your turn to post the next quiz.

The engine was a copy of 5A-FE but the ECU was chinese made. Do you know what happens when Chinese people try to write computer programs?

BTW Chinese called this engine MR479QA :). In China, every number has a literal meaning. In this case, 4=death, 7=rise 9= emperor of china or just china. Therefore, 479 means rise in china after death...

What they probably didn't know is a live person and the same person after becoming a zombie (risen after death) is not the same. This is exactly what happened with the 5A-FE :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, john cooper said:

Superbird

Yes but no...but will take it as the cars are related and share the same component.

The car in question is specifically a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner

image.thumb.png.e68a695d7b26a25049b0902e94b2d351.png

The car in SL was originally owned by motor sports legend Cassim Wahab and was lost for many years. The Wahab family has recently gotten word that it has been purchased by a car enthusiast and is getting restored. One of the Wahab sons believes it is a 1968, but based on the body details of the pics it seems to be a 1970 example.

33 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes but no...but will take it as the cars are related and share the same component.

The car in SL was originally owned by motor sports legend Cassim Wahab and was lost for many years. The Wahab family has recently gotten word that it has been purchased by a car enthusiast and is getting restored. One of the Wahab sons believes it is a 1968, but based on the body details of the pics it seems to be a 1970 example.

Saw this on post on Facebook yesterday. Since the Superbird  is a derivative of the Roadrunner i guess the answer is acceptable as you said. 

1 hour ago, iRage said:

It is a 1970

Screenshot_20201008-110449905.jpg

On 10/6/2020 at 7:38 PM, Hyaenidae said:

She's waiting for the engine to cool down

0Yal6Vc.png

Got an interesting idea. As long as the car owner doesn't mind the smoke machine. Not sure I'd go with that barebulb flash like this, and I will put a colour gel on it, but definitely idea.

I'm sure I can get plenty of volunteers for assistants if I post the plan here, right?

18 minutes ago, iRage said:

Renault 4 :) 

EDIT : Just noticed...probably should not have put a pic with the Renault logo on it :D 

Yeah  I though so - cutting it would have hidden the rear pane and would have been too tough to guess :D you're correct - any guess on the movie/tv show? Anyway you're up next.