• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

52 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Wow. Utter madness! (The Ford Raptor I get, its totally badass) The X-Class however makes no sense to me: I guess I'm clearly not the target market!!

I'm hard pressed to think who would be though? Rich Estate owners? Construction barons? But they all have Prados or LC's don't they?  I'd be interested to know if they actually sold any units of the X-class in SL... 

Edited by Kavvz

3 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Wow. Utter madness! (The Ford Raptor I get, its totally badass) The X-Class however makes no sense to me: I guess I'm clearly not the target market!!

I'm hard pressed to think who would be though? Rich Estate owners? Construction barons? But they all have Prados or LC's don't they?  I'd be interested to know if they actually sold any units of the X-class in SL... 

A lot were bought down in the previous years, there's a modified one up for sale in one of the sites. Agents were not given allocation to import as we were not their specific market. Think Australia, UK, EU and some South American markets got it as it was made there.

Being a Nissan derived product made at their factory it was hard to get the numbers rolling to market in the Asian region.

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

A lot were bought down in the previous years, there's a modified one up for sale in one of the sites.

Wow? No kidding? I'm quite suprised to say the least!

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Agents were not given allocation to import as we were not their specific market. Think Australia, UK, EU and some South American markets got it as it was made there.

Makes perfect sense! Even to put myself in the shoes of a sales manager, having to project sales for such a product would be quite tough due to the mismatch with the nature of the actual product and the typical Mercedes Benz consumer in Sri Lanka...