• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

Members,

As far as I remember Holden statesmen cars, were a gift from Australian government for summit in 1976.  Few cars imported to Sri Lanka before the conference in 1976 by M/s, Colets in Borella before you come to Raymends, funeral undertakes on the same road. At present a big Textile shop is their Colets closed their work shop. That property was a very large area covering their show room and work shop. The statesmen car model which came to SL was a big one, all were red color. All summit Holden Home-built 1978 Holden HZ Statesman Caprice - flashbackcars  were sold to general public after the sumit, few cars were converted to Diesel. All had German technology Electrical system, was Similar to VW 12 volts at that time manufactured cars. With 4 speed auto gear box vehicles. The above car was a beautiful and a stately car.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

Edited by Sylvi
few erros.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Some kind of sporty roadster like a 1953 Morgan +4 ? 

8 hours ago, matroska said:

looks too narrow to be a morgan +4?  I can't place this - probably a Brit from the era where all cars looked  somewhat alike and all had names like 8hp 10 hp etc.  Austin/Morris/Sunbeam/Singer etc.

7 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@Kavvz apologies! ?

@Crosswind good one !

@iRage is it an Alvis Speed 20 or something similar?

Nope....one of you gentlemen are close though.

7 hours ago, ShintaroX said:

Have you just leant three head lamps against a grill and taken a pic of it?

:) LOL...even so..what are they leaned against ? But no...I did not do that....but there was a tme last year (or before) the car was "kota uda" as it got its wheels refurbished :) 

Edited by iRage

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Nope....one of you gentlemen are close though.

:) LOL...even so..what are they leaned against ? But no...I did not do that....but there was a tme last year (or before) the car was "kota uda" as it got its wheels refurbished :) 

Triumph Super 7 or Super 9? The positioning of the headlamps looks right but the vertical grille is what's confusing me....

7 hours ago, matroska said:

That was a good one @iRage  I think @Kavvz was on the scent from the start and deserves the win - take your turn . 

Hey guys my apologies for not checking in! 

@matroska I tried to find a picture of something that came before the +4 but couldn't find one to compare and gave up! Too bad...I should have followed that hunch and kept going like with the Holden HD: but you did!  

So you rightly deserve the win for following up on that train of thought. (Very nice of you to offer, but the win is yours and rightly so!)

Waiting for your clue @matroska

Edited by Kavvz

8 hours ago, iRage said:

Bingo ! Yes ! Came before the +4 :) 

image.png.6110c1fc5f21a91f7ff2144df77510f4.png

Beautiful car @iRage !! Do you know any of its history>backstory?  ( Also: I didn't think Morgans were too popular in SL? Do we have many of them here?) 

Edited by Kavvz

11 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Type 154 Fiat Croma Fiat Argenta?

Nope unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Hyundai Pony

Yes Spot on! Your turn,

image.png.d0455b8c086b5511a791f9830c3959c0.png

Edited by matroska

26 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

I thought this was the car (although it has changed colours now)

Fun fact: Did you know that this colour is known as Ceylon Gold by BMW. It's one of the original colours in the palette and is a highly sought-after colour

e415ed0ea1013a6411eaa75a14015348-jpg.359

Interesting on the colour scheme. I think we should be proud to have such colour in someones colour pallette which is that sort after.

Worng make and model sir, have a closer look at the rear windscreen.

• Like 1