• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

3 hours ago, Gummybr said:

That was quick. Only two buses had the glass roof from that era the Isuzu Journey and the Nissan Civilian.

Having traveled in these buses during childhood helps a lot to know them :). The journey had its own unique design (not to forget the "petti" A/C)

The following one was my dad's second car back in 1985-86 and the first car I was madly in love with. No I didn't flip the image. This was how it was...

turbo.jpg

Edited by Crosswind

7 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Having traveled in these buses during childhood helps a lot to know them :). The journey had its own unique design (not to forget the "petti" A/C)

The following one was my dad's second car back in 1985-86 and the first car I was madly in love with. No I didn't flip the image. This was how it was...

turbo.jpg

During our time there was only 2 or 3 of these that ran the route to school (2 buses I had to take) compared to so many Journeys and Rosa's. 

The Journey also had a version with the line AC if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crosswind said:

The following one was my dad's second car back in 1985-86 and the first car I was madly in love with. No I didn't flip the image. This was how it was

I think the older journeys and civilians are now plying in the outstations - BTW were the Older Rosa's the first Air con buses to come to SL? (Early 80's?) 

and your dad's car - is that a Lancer GSR?

3 hours ago, matroska said:

I think the older journeys and civilians are now plying in the outstations - BTW were the Older Rosa's the first Air con buses to come to SL? (Early 80's?) 

and your dad's car - is that a Lancer GSR?

Popularity of buses 80s were Rosa, Journey, Civillian and Coaster - in that order. A/C buses were used for tourism long before they started carrying local passengers, but they were mostly UDs, Fusos and Hinos so most likely it was one of them that might have been the first A/C bus. That was an era where Mitsubishi and Nissans were far more popular than Toyotas. The only popular Toyota was the gona model Hi Ace.

And that's not a Lancer GSR

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

During our time there was only 2 or 3 of these that ran the route to school (2 buses I had to take) compared to so many Journeys and Rosa's. 

The Journey also had a version with the line AC if I'm not mistaken.

Any guesses on the car?

4 hours ago, Crosswind said:

No. V40 was a 2000s car

It's a Sunny LePrix right? 

image.jpeg.8207fcecbef7272ce21c88626f0efee7.jpeg

This probably had maximum coolness factor in the 80's no wonder you developed a car craze having one of these at home :D the inverse turbo lettering for people to see in their rear-view mirrors...well played Nissan well played. 

14555474150_c034298d87_b_d.jpg

Edited by matroska
had to add the second image

Yup... the B11 Sunny was such a hit and this was the coolest version of them. This also had red velvet seats embroidered with the word turbo. 

The B11 had quite a few variants such as Pulsar Exa, Liberta Villa, Laurel Spirit and Langley. Still love that design. 

Over to you... 

On 10/3/2020 at 9:58 PM, matroska said:

It's a Sunny LePrix right? 

image.jpeg.8207fcecbef7272ce21c88626f0efee7.jpeg

This probably had maximum coolness factor in the 80's no wonder you developed a car craze having one of these at home :D the inverse turbo lettering for people to see in their rear-view mirrors...well played Nissan well played. 

Back in the day (I know I said it before); the Sunny was a class leader and the Corolla and Lancer and Mazda 3 were playing catchup. It was the first of these competitors to go FWD as well...and they went FWD with the entire line up of Sunny. However, the B11 was slightly well less loved apparently in Japan and many had felt it lost the Nissan factor. Which is why the B12 was tagged TRAD Sunny. Traditional Sunny which signified it going back to its tradition. Fun, sporty, economical, luxurious (for its day) sedan. 

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Mitsubishi Toppo BJ

Bingo...over to you...it is a Toppo BJ (which, knowing how Japanese pronounce Top, always gives me a chuckle..oh...and get your mind out of the gutter..BJ stands for Big Joy....Mitsu released some other vehicles too with the BJ treatment)

Edited by iRage

17 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Big Joy on Toppa! Thats a dirty mind.... Good thing the Doctor is not around.

Try this

:D the Doctor would have had a field day with those suggestive names and acronyms 

as for the car this would be a Sonata....this model 

image.png.4389b474fe8426b0a7caf99ddc50232c.png

Edited by matroska