• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

It looks like a HA11 Suzuki Alto, but that those fog lights are a bit off...what did the Chinese start ripping off Suzuki Kei cars as well now? 

Edit: Okay, maybe its a Mazda Laputa then? Cool name either way: 'Laputa' sounds very familiar...

Edited by Kavvz

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

It looks like a HA11 Suzuki Alto, but that those fog lights are a bit off...what did the Chinese start ripping off Suzuki Kei cars as well now? 

Edit: Okay, maybe its a Mazda Laputa then? Cool name either way: 'Laputa' sounds very familiar...

Nope...not a Mazda Laputa....not a HA11 Alto either....it is still Japanese...on the right track...

4 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Yes correct, I think there were about two that were imported on the permit, saw one for sale about a year ago. I think it was offered with the 4.0 V6 engine.

I think I saw a DPL one sometime ago....

Can someone else please take my turn ? 

57 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Yes correct, I think there were about two that were imported on the permit, saw one for sale about a year ago. I think it was offered with the 4.0 V6 engine.

I would've guessed the Xterra but remembered the weird shape it has, my dad has one of those and love it to bits (not in SL)

12 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

I would've guessed the Xterra but remembered the weird shape it has, my dad has one of those and love it to bits (not in SL)

ACtualy, the XTerra is a pretty close match...considering the photo angle the only difference between the XTerra and the Pathfinder is that the quarter panel glass has different shape and styling (Xterra's has rounded edges with a think body frame around it whilst the Pathfinder is all galss covered with square edges),  and the wheel arch shape is different. Yeah the light layout is different but they change those up depending on the market so you never know.

3 hours ago, Kavvz said:

What no one's posted a quiz? Tsk.Tsk. What is the world coming to...Okay here then:  

Screenshot_20200929-180813_Instagram.jpg

tempted to say Jessica-Jane Clement...but those shoes look so 2010ish...so that puts her out...also JJ has much slender fingers :) Hmmm

EDIT : Oh...the car is a Jaguar XF is it ? Somewhere between 2007-2014/15 ish ?

Edited by iRage
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, iRage said:

tempted to say Jessica-Jane Clement...but those shoes look so 2010ish...so that puts her out...also JJ has much slender fingers :) Hmmm

EDIT : Oh...the car is a Jaguar XF is it ? Somewhere between 2007-2014/15 ish ?

Sounds like you know your women and cars well: A winning combination!! ?

Right you are Sir! It is indeed a Jaguar XF ! (2011/2012 I believe) 

Take it away @iRage! You have the floor...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Sounds like you know your women and cars well: A winning combination!! ?

Right you are Sir! It is indeed a Jaguar XF ! (2011/2012 I believe) 

Take it away @iRage! You have the floor...

How can you just end it without showing us the whole picture ? That model is one of the most beautiful ones ever :) 

But..here is another easy one since it is a rare car in SL...it can be one of two models so will accept either one.

image.thumb.png.cde3f3ee9c33df1cc374afa2b19799ab.png

37 minutes ago, matroska said:

2nd gen Nissan Patrol

Just looked it up on wiki: Wow. I didn't know the Patrol got its start in life as a Willy's Jeep rip off! Interesting point to consider when we make fun of cars like the Landwind X7 etc...Anyways coming back to that 2nd Gen Nissan Patrol: Those must be super rare here right? 

Edited by Kavvz

7 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Just looked it up on wiki: Wow. I didn't know the Patrol got its start in life as a Willy's Jeep rip off! Interesting point to consider when we make fun of cars like the Landwind X7 etc...Anyways coming back to that 2nd Gen Nissan Patrol: Those must be super rare here right? 

Historically Nissan has always been an American inspired car company. Even in its early days, the first designer (then DAT) they got was an American guy (Graham or Goham or something like that). It is stated that Yoshisuke Aikawa went to Detroit to learn about car manufacturing and the DAT was heavily influenced by that. Even the much loved 240Z was a result of Nissan wanting to make a sports car to meet the American motoring needs. So...yeah...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iRage said:

Historically Nissan has always been an American inspired car company. Even in its early days, the first designer (then DAT) they got was an American guy (Graham or Goham or something like that). It is stated that Yoshisuke Aikawa went to Detroit to learn about car manufacturing and the DAT was heavily influenced by that. Even the much loved 240Z was a result of Nissan wanting to make a sports car to meet the American motoring needs. So...yeah...

No way?! Wow. Great info @iRage: Will have to read up on this...

3 hours ago, Kavvz said:

No way?! Wow. Great info @iRage: Will have to read up on this...

You should also know that until the mid 80s...Toyota was simply playing a catch up game to Nissan. The Sunny was always a step ahead of the Corolla....the Skylines and the Laurels and Glorias were pushing Toyota to do more with the Crown, Mark 2/Chaser/etc...even the 2000GT came about because Toyota wanted a car that could compete in the market against Nissan which had a youthful and exciting image.