• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

8 minutes ago, GK_007 said:

Taking your turn. 

car_pic.jpg

A Mazda Tribute ? 

Its sister car was the Ford Escape. Both are based on the same platform which was a variant of the GF platform which the 626 was based on.

This is quite a significant model for Mazda. This is the very first Crossover/SUV Mazda built on its own. Up until this point they were re-badged Fords or the Proceed Lavante which was a rebadged Vitara. In fact the Tribute took the place of the Proceed Lavante.

Edited by iRage

1 hour ago, iRage said:

A Mazda Tribute ? 

Its sister car was the Ford Escape. Both are based on the same platform which was a variant of the GF platform which the 626 was based on.

This is quite a significant model for Mazda. This is the very first Crossover/SUV Mazda built on its own. Up until this point they were re-badged Fords or the Proceed Lavante which was a rebadged Vitara. In fact the Tribute took the place of the Proceed Lavante.

wow that was fast !

Yes quiet a background. Just wonder so CX-5 came as a replacement for Tribute is it ? 

4 hours ago, GK_007 said:

wow that was fast !

Yes quiet a background. Just wonder so CX-5 came as a replacement for Tribute is it ? 

More or less....there was a CX-7 before the CX-5 which was more of a direct replacement for the Tribute (in most markets). Then they came up with the CX-5 to replace the CX-7 and the CX-8 to take the place of the CX-9.

Here you go

image.png.3f736db96ea687877e69e6bcab6112d0.png

12 minutes ago, iRage said:

More or less....there was a CX-7 before the CX-5 which was more of a direct replacement for the Tribute (in most markets). Then they came up with the CX-5 to replace the CX-7 and the CX-8 to take the place of the CX-9.

Here you go

image.png.3f736db96ea687877e69e6bcab6112d0.png

S190 Lexus GS! Looks like it might be close to the GS400ish range with those chrome lights but not sure about that

9 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

S190 Lexus GS! Looks like it might be close to the GS400ish range with those chrome lights but not sure about that

A Lexus GS it is. I believe the Chrome lighting was available in pretty much all models depending on which package you get. image.thumb.png.d9122e41e16aa7e546e4502512a32199.png

Not sure of the cars in the pic...but if that blueish tinged Lexus badge on the Maroon car is legit, which it probably is) that is a late model,i.e. 2008+; GS450h (as Toyota gave all their Hybrid badges a blueish tinge and with the 2008 facelift the front grill got more chrome that reaches out to the nostril lamps...you can see the difference against the silver one)

5 minutes ago, iRage said:

A Lexus GS it is. I believe the Chrome lighting was available in pretty much all models depending on which package you get. image.thumb.png.d9122e41e16aa7e546e4502512a32199.png

Not sure of the cars in the pic...but if that blueish tinged Lexus badge on the Maroon car is legit, which it probably is) that is a late model,i.e. 2008+; GS450h (as Toyota gave all their Hybrid badges a blueish tinge and with the 2008 facelift the front grill got more chrome that reaches out to the nostril lamps...you can see the difference against the silver one)

Nice, had the opportunity to buy one for around 1.8 mil in Sri Lanka but it had a V8 and I fear I don't have enough money to maintain it so I went with a Starlet ;3.

Someone else take my chance please quite busy.

55 minutes ago, MaleCortana said:

Nice, had the opportunity to buy one for around 1.8 mil in Sri Lanka but it had a V8 and I fear I don't have enough money to maintain it so I went with a Starlet ;3.

Someone else take my chance please quite busy.

OMG a V8 Lexus anything for 1.8 and you did what??!!....Okay. No turn at the quiz for you! 

10 minutes ago, MaleCortana said:

I'm sorry for being a 20 year old Uni student with a part time job okay ? 

Lol. I kid man- all good...Besides you probably did the smart thing, in that situation, being in Uni and all...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

And here's the next one: 

20200909_223525.jpg

I loved the American Revolution themed ad this was featured in but will let someone else take a shot at it. How come the easy ones are up the day I have some work ? 

10 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Yeap! And one of the big boy 'Hellcat' versions.

Take it away JC! All yours! 

Screenshot_20200828-220456_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200828-220551_Instagram.jpg

That's not the Hellcat mate! That's the Demon with 840ish? horsepower! Didn't know we had one of these in the country.

Imagine the feeling you get when you know that you can smoke almost everything on the road if you decided to angle you foot by a couple of degrees into the accelarator pedal. With that great power comes great responsibility!

4 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

That's not the Hellcat mate! That's the Demon with 840ish? horsepower! Didn't know we had one of these in the country.

Imagine the feeling you get when you know that you can smoke almost everything on the road if you decided to angle you foot by a couple of degrees into the accelarator pedal. With that great power comes great responsibility!

Right you are! My apologies folks! It's the Hellcat's meaner younger brother: The Demon ! ?

Edited by Kavvz