• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

14 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Wow! It looks restored / well looked after? Its beautiful and I love those little lamps near the windscreen. Does anyone know what they are? The lamps look really small (low powered) so does that mean its some sort of parking light? 

did you notice that those parking lights in the local specimen are positioned more towards the front ? Nevertheless it looks a good restoration indeed. 

14 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes ! It is Z-2742. I believe that is the only one in the country (at least discovered to be surviving).

image.png.9e02fc460186a1ac2deb5fa2c9129bfc.png

Over to you

What a beauty! And what's that next to it? An SS Roadster? 

Edited by Kavvz

4 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

@iRage i'm relieved to see there are those who know of the Ciaz ?

Shameless plug in 3....2...1.....

This one is kinda mine & for sale as well ?

http://www.autolanka.com/view/suzuki/swift/81802.html

Ahh advertising skill : 100%

In all Seriousness though, I like the Ciaz. So comfy. Wonder how the longetivity is. Sad it never caught on. 

8 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

and yet @Devinda_Z did not want to draw the ire of the Premio fanbois :D 

"More spacious & fuel efficient than a Honda Grace, Suzuki Swift, SX4, Corolla Axio, Toyota Yaris, Honda Civic, Vezel, Mazda 3 Axela, Vitz, Alto or Kia, Hyundai , Vitara or Baleno." :D 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kavvz said:

A Suzuki interior...perhaps a Suzuki Swift? 

2 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Suzuki SX4? 

2 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

Ado! Not fair! You've got both those model names in the ad title and the model name "Ciaz" is buried in there between them...Alright-alright, all is fair in love, war and car sales I suppose! :D 

What are you replacing it with? A Forester I hope?

Edited by Kavvz

8 hours ago, AVANTE said:

In all Seriousness though, I like the Ciaz. So comfy. Wonder how the longetivity is. Sad it never caught on. 

It was the duty @AVANTE

- Suzuki upgraded the drive train to a 1.6L petrol & 1.5 diesel from the original 1.3 &1.25 which meant they ended up being priced over 7 Million

There are more cars of the first few batches they imported running around very well - they don't often come up for sale as most tend to hang on to them for the simplicity & fuel economy alone.

It's a car that has proven itself to be one of the top picks in that class in India so if it can survive there Sri Lanka should be cinch! lol

It has been quite a revelation & quite a pleasant surprise tbh 

You're spot on about the ride being so supple! 

The mid range response is perfect when nipping around thanks to the turbo

This particular specimen has done just 56,000 kms - had a full A*W inspection done & everything was copacetic. The only thing that specifically needed replacement was an O ring from the diesel filter which is a replacement part anyway when swapping out all the filters.

9 hours ago, matroska said:

The thing is the Premio fanboys will not accept anything else other than a Premio even if it is from Toyota. Heck..it is amusing to see all the things they say about the Allion; and to think the Allion is the SAME car ! 

Okay...so here is another easy one...hint....the dolphin hump like bonnet should make it quite obvious.

image.png.efcffb276bdde2b639f0d8b6cc96d63f.png

8 hours ago, matroska said:

"More spacious & fuel efficient than a Honda Grace, Suzuki Swift, SX4, Corolla Axio, Toyota Yaris, Honda Civic, Vezel, Mazda 3 Axela, Vitz, Alto or Kia, Hyundai , Vitara or Baleno." :D 

@matroska tbh, would you believe i forgot the Premio & Allion ?‍♂️ 

That's how little i think of them ?? Marketing fail on my part right there?

I'm astounded by the space! Even with the drivers seat pushed all the way back there is still enough space for an adult to sit behind comfortably.

The boot space is generous for something in that class

Name recognition is an issue though - most people aren't familiar with the car :( So many of my friends have been completely stumped - so prospective buyers also often end up needing an introduction to the model

Real shame given how impressive a car it is - yes it is Indian built but it is so refined to the point that most passengers can't even tell it's a diesel!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Ado! Not fair! You've got both those model names in the ad title and the model name "Ciaz" is buried in there between them...Alright-alright, all is fair in love, war and car sales I suppose! :D 

What are you replacing it with? A Forester I hope?

@Kavvz sadly not Subaru's in the garage these days but hopefully something in the future ?

9 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

We saw one at the Ceylon Motorshow way back in 2014/2015 and wife wanted to go check it out at the showroom. If I remember right it shared the platform of the SX4 or something like that and was the replacement for the SX4 Sedan (and a larger Aerio) to compete against the Corolla. It wasn't the usual cheap Maruti Suzuki either...probably one of the first Maruti Suzukis to actually have a bit of refinement. Anyway....never bought one....decided to rescue a mark X from a neglecive-home instead :D