• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 14 - 1999

gobi

Hi Guys,

I just gave my Maruti A star and looking for Japan Car these days.

last week only i came across with a Nissan FB 14 - 1999 Model Ex saloon( GI - XXXX series). which got VTEC 1500CC engine.(Auto, Full option, 95K Mileage).

I didn't know that Nissan FB14 cars got VTEC engines, since Honda only introduce that ( I may be be wrong - need clarification on this guys).

and the owner asking about 1.6 M.

Please share your advices guys...

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I just gave my Maruti A star and looking for Japan Car these days.

last week only i came across with a Nissan FB 14 - 1999 Model Ex saloon( GI - XXXX series). which got VTEC 1500CC engine.(Auto, Full option, 95K Mileage).

I didn't know that Nissan FB14 cars got VTEC engines, since Honda only introduce that ( I may be be wrong - need clarification on this guys).

and the owner asking about 1.6 M.

Please share your advices guys...

Thanks.

The engine would be a DOHC not VTEC. DOHC is an older system which provided for variable valve adjustment via a hydro mechanical system (using oil pressure). VTEC is a completely electronic system which is managed by the ECU via electronic actuators based on information supplied by sensors. Nissan does have a VTEC equivalent called VVL. I think the only FB14 based car to feature it is the VZR (I might be wrong).

To be honest this seller sounds like a bit of a wheeler dealer trying to trick an ignorant buyer to pay over the odds for this car. For a little bit more you can buy a FB15 Ex Saloon, so the price is way too high.

erm nope, it doesnt have a VTEC engine, the 1500CC version is GA14DE engine, its a Straight 4 DOHC 16Valve Twin Cam Engine.

1.6M i say the price is,, so-so.. coz i came across a 1998 ex saloon 302- for 15.95 M

Edited by Schiffer

One more thing buddy, production of B14-series Sunny ended in 1998 and B15-series came out in 1998 itself. So double check the registration book and don't go by the seller's word. Based on what Schiffer and Don pointed out, it's quite obvious that the seller is trying to fool u, thinking that you are ignorant. If I were you, I wouldn't have any dealings with that kind of seller.

BTW, even for an English-number FB14, anything more than 1.5 mill would be too much imho.

One more thing buddy, production of B14-series Sunny ended in 1998 and B15-series came out in 1998 itself. So double check the registration book and don't go by the seller's word. Based on what Schiffer and Don pointed out, it's quite obvious that the seller is trying to fool u, thinking that you are ignorant. If I were you, I wouldn't have any dealings with that kind of seller.

BTW, even for an English-number FB14, anything more than 1.5 mill would be too much imho.

erm, actually mate, there is a 1999 B14 that comes with rear crystal light

I think 1.6M is too much for a FB 14 even an English number. Check with AL classified. You can get an idea.

Do you mind if i ask you why did you sell the A Star and looking for a used one. I only want to know any problem or something with A Star. Because i've heard its a good car (i don't have any experience with it).

The engine would be a DOHC not VTEC. DOHC is an older system which provided for variable valve adjustment via a hydro mechanical system (using oil pressure). VTEC is a completely electronic system which is managed by the ECU via electronic actuators based on information supplied by sensors. Nissan does have a VTEC equivalent called VVL. I think the only FB14 based car to feature it is the VZR (I might be wrong).

To be honest this seller sounds like a bit of a wheeler dealer trying to trick an ignorant buyer to pay over the odds for this car. For a little bit more you can buy a FB15 Ex Saloon, so the price is way too high.

VZRs carry chassis code JN15, so they are based on the N15s. The SR engined cars on the N14 line was the GTiR (No VVL).

Also I think your DOHC/VTEC explanation is wrong. AFAIK, DOHC can exist without a variable valve implementation, call it VTEC/VVL/VVTi, whatever. VVL was oil pressure based. VTEC, I think, was electric like you said.

Tho I do agree it looks like a seller trying to pull a fast one.

VZRs carry chassis code JN15, so they are based on the N15s. The SR engined cars on the N14 line was the GTiR (No VVL).

Also I think your DOHC/VTEC explanation is wrong. AFAIK, DOHC can exist without a variable valve implementation, call it VTEC/VVL/VVTi, whatever. VVL was oil pressure based. VTEC, I think, was electric like you said.

Tho I do agree it looks like a seller trying to pull a fast one.

Peri, you are probably right about there being DOHC implementations without variable valve, so my apologies if I mislead any one. I was trying to explain what the seller might have implied but using the wrong terminology.

I did get this from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_SR_engine

SR16VE

Nissan SR16VE engine

The 1.6 L (1596 cc) SR16VE has Nissan's Neo VVL variable valve timing with lift control. It produces 175 PS (129 kW) @7800 rpm and 119 ft·lbf (161 Nm) @7200 rpm. Redline is at 8300 rpm.

It is used in the following vehicles:

N15 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R

B14 Nissan Lucino VZ-R

B15 Nissan Sunny VZ-R

This seems to suggest that B14 Nissan Lucino VZ-R did come with the SR16VE with Neo VVL.

Edited by The Don

As far as I know FB14 1999 cars are brandnew and normaly manual, comes with crystal lights. But 1998 recons (red color signal lights) are much demand than these.

I think 1.6M is too much for a FB 14 even an English number. Check with AL classified. You can get an idea.

Do you mind if i ask you why did you sell the A Star and looking for a used one. I only want to know any problem or something with A Star. Because i've heard its a good car (i don't have any experience with it).

to be frank i have also heard that it is quite a good car...why did you sell the A star and look for a B14.was it the space.........

As far as I know FB 14 did not come after 1998. If it is 1999 it should be FB 15. And Only honda has Vtec engine, may be this guy has installed Vtec engine. Other members please shed some light to this. Vtec engine in Nissan is a little stange.