• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Number Plate

Ayad Zubair

Sri lankan media and journalism, no difference with politics. :sad-smiley-067:

Also it can register very limited number of vehicles with AAB, AAC compared to BAA, CAA and it is useless. :speechless-smiley-004:

In these days lot of BAD bikes around...

No machang they can go all the way to AZZ, BZZ, CZZ

Geee ... I spent a quality 10 minutes typing 3 letters and 4 numerals in to this window :D

I'm sure there will be a lot of fun stuff by 2015 but the numeral font should help to form some of the letters!

CUM

CUS

CLI - 7

:)

The faggots at the RMV wouldn't know about those and they are very likely to be seen soon !!!! :sport-smiley-004:

• 2 years later...
Hi everyone-

has anyone got a replacement plate recently? if so please let me know how long it will take to get the new plates and the price? thanks.

s.madura got replacement plates for his car recently. Send him a PM in case he doesn't see this.

• Like 1

Hi everyone-

has anyone got a replacement plate recently? if so please let me know how long it will take to get the new plates and the price? thanks.

Its roughly around 6700 for a car AFAIK. Will take around 3-5 days.

• Like 1

s.madura got replacement plates for his car recently. Send him a PM in case he doesn't see this.

just saw this davy :-)

yes i did change and whole process took around 1 hour and cost me something around 3050 for both plates. it was a two English letter number plate.

1. you need to take old plates - if you are changing damaged plates (single or both) and copy of the police complaint if it was lost.
  2. Photo copies of your NIC & your vehicle registration book along with originals
  3. Hand them over above at DMT. you need to hand over them to the counter in the building behind the main building
  4. they'll verify documents and give a letter which you need to take to the vehicle registration section which is in the 1st floor in the main building and will request you to make the payment at people's bank below and produce the receipt
  5. You will get a letter which you can produce to police in case if they stop you for having temporary plates in your car
  6. use the same letter to collect the new plates after 3-5 working days at the same counter you handed over the old plates
Edited by s.madura
  • Like 6

Cost me 2000+ for a single plate which I dropped (had the police report for that). Kind of ashamed to say (nah, not really) that I paid a guy 500 bucks and got the plate the same day afternoon!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
27 minutes ago, Jeffreyherft said:

I need to change my car number plate.  From SP to WP how can I do that??

Hi @Jeffreyherft,

Welcome to the forum. This topic has discussed already in a different thread. Hope it answer your question.

• Like 1