• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

NishanthaR

Of course mate, 1000km is nothing for a tyre. :) I went through few online reveiws before purchasing and some are complaining about road noise,not the thread wear. As you said road noise is not much of an issue for me either. So we have to wait and see how Ma Z1 handles SL roads!

Did some reasonable speed down the Colombo Negombo road on the way to the airport on Sunday and the road noise was pretty evident above 70kmph and it was worse than the older Falkens. But I guess if road noise was a priority you would not have opted for a tyre like that.

Well i cant give you a exact figure , but surely below 30000km mark. In Achillis last half of the threads dissapiered pritty quickly!

then i think Goodyear is worth for money. my last Goodyear Indonesia set almost done 45,000km stil can run around 10,000km also comfort

Edited by Nilantha

Did some reasonable speed down the Colombo Negombo road on the way to the airport on Sunday and the road noise was pretty evident above 70kmph and it was worse than the older Falkens. But I guess if road noise was a priority you would not have opted for a tyre like that.

Don, what about the comfort level of the Maxxis tyre than Falkens?

Don, what about the comfort level of the Maxxis tyre than Falkens?

Ironically Nilantha, The Maxxis that I got that MA-Z1 with the V groove like pattern seems to be slightly more comfortable than the Falkens. I definitely feel slight imperfections on the road less. Perhaps it is made of a softer material. The Falkens do have a reputation of being a hard wearing tyre. I am not sure if this is the same with the more commonly used MA-P1

I'm also looking for a set of MA-z1,195/55,50/15 to be precise,called the agents & few tyre shops but no one has the tyre,can someone help me to locate a set?

They were available last Thursday when I checked (in fact I bought 4 tyres). The size I bought were 195/55 R15 as well. Call Benedictsons and check with them. None of the dealers have them because it is not something which sells regularly. But Benedictsons will insist you buy through a dealer. I bought mine from Samarasinghe Wheel Alignment Gansaba Junction Nugegoda (the tyre shop we've always gone to).

My two other fallback options were Dunlop Le Mans/SP LM703 or Falken ZE912 both made in Thailand. The price was around 14K per tyre.

Failing which I did see some good looking V groove Hancooks in Amila Tyre house Dehiwala and apparently they had stock. worth a look. I did not ask for the price.

They were available last Thursday when I checked (in fact I bought 4 tyres). The size I bought were 195/55 R15 as well. Call Benedictsons and check with them. None of the dealers have them because it is not something which sells regularly. But Benedictsons will insist you buy through a dealer. I bought mine from Samarasinghe Wheel Alignment Gansaba Junction Nugegoda (the tyre shop we've always gone to). My two other fallback options were Dunlop Le Mans/SP LM703 or Falken ZE912 both made in Thailand. The price was around 14K per tyre. Failing which I did see some good looking V groove Hancooks in Amila Tyre house Dehiwala and apparently they had stock. worth a look. I did not ask for the price.

Ya I even checked with Samarasinghes' but they don't have the specific tyre,but they recommended Maxxis MA i-pro Victra i-pro,anyone has any idea with the usage of the specific tyre?

Ya I even checked with Samarasinghes' but they don't have the specific tyre,but they recommended Maxxis MA i-pro Victra i-pro,anyone has any idea with the usage of the specific tyre?

They tried to sell me this as well. But then I called Benedictsons and they told me they could issue MA-Z1s. I just had a look at reviews, they are not as popular as MA-Z1s. But the review seems to be good though not as enthusiastic as the MA-Z1 reviews.

http://www.tyrerevie...Victra-iPro.htm

vs

http://www.tyrerevie...A-Z1-Victra.htm

I got my MA-Z1s for 12 400 a piece.

They also wanted more money for that tyre (the original price is 2K+ more than the MA-Z1). Personally I'd go for the Dunlops at 13 900 cash from SK Munasinghe or Falken ZE 912 as I mentioned before.

Did you speak to Mr ######## at Samarasinghe? Also the chap I spoke to at Benedictsons was called Asela.

Edited by The Don

i have set of maxxis victra i-pro's in my car they have good grip and reduce the braking distance in wet and dry than my previous nankang toursport 611 by a large amount. and the handling is also increased but they are not comfortable as my previous nankangs and the road noise is less than the nankangs hope this helped. :)

• Like 1

They tried to sell me this as well. But then I called Benedictsons and they told me they could issue MA-Z1s. I just had a look at reviews, they are not as popular as MA-Z1s. But the review seems to be good though not as enthusiastic as the MA-Z1 reviews.

http://www.tyrerevie...Victra-iPro.htm

vs

http://www.tyrerevie...A-Z1-Victra.htm

I got my MA-Z1s for 12 400 a piece.

They also wanted more money for that tyre (the original price is 2K+ more than the MA-Z1). Personally I'd go for the Dunlops at 13 900 cash from SK Munasinghe or Falken ZE 912 as I mentioned before.

Did you speak to Mr ######## at Samarasinghe? Also the chap I spoke to at Benedictsons was called Asela.

the more grip the better handling I can get,ride comfort & noise wouldn't be a problem as I already run D2 suspension & it gives enough ride comfort :D I spoke to samarasinghe's & he wanted 14,000 for a i pro tyre,is that a good price?

the more grip the better handling I can get,ride comfort & noise wouldn't be a problem as I already run D2 suspension & it gives enough ride comfort :D I spoke to samarasinghe's & he wanted 14,000 for a i pro tyre,is that a good price?

i bought my i pro tyres 13800 for 1 tyre and the size was 195/60/15.

No! At that Price you are better off with the other two options I mentioned or speak to Amila about the Hancook tyre I came accross in their shop. Looked like a nice V groove one as well.

SP LM703 and Falken ZE 912 aren't bad tyres either if you read reviews. SK Munasigne also has VE203 (I think) made in Japan for 17K a piece.

I also inquired about Avon Tyres as they are being imported now but they only had 195/65 which was too high a profile to fit in my wheel bays.

• 1 month later...

Goodyear Dureplus prices gone up again. last time i bought for 9,800/- before one month. yesterday i went to buy two tyres. the final prices was 11,200/- but i could find Yokohama 185/70/14 Philippians for 10,500/- but i went for MAXXES tyre set it was 9000/-

Hi guys..i want to know the "tyre pressure" for Good year(dura plus) 185 70x14 ??

Tyre pressure is not based on the brand of tyre you use. It's specified by the manufacturer for the various sizes of tyres that can be used on your car. Refer your user manual or check the tyre inflation pressure chart on your driver's side door post.

• 1 month later...

What about Nankang chinese make tyres? is it good?

anyone using this tyre type?

Currently this is the cheapest at Rs 8200 .

Thanks in advance.

I think Nankang is from Taiwan? There was a post some time ago with some feedback on Nankang and it was reasonably positive. That user was talking about Taiwan made Nankang tyres

Tyre pressure is not based on the brand of tyre you use. It's specified by the manufacturer for the various sizes of tyres that can be used on your car. Refer your user manual or check the tyre inflation pressure chart on your driver's side door post.

Some tyre brands shows the maximum pressure they can bear on both sides of the tyre in PSI.. got a good presenation on tyres dunno how to attach it...

Edited by kushan

My original Dunlop tyre ser ran 45000 km and changed to Falken Thailand set due to price difference and thread has gone after 20000 km by now. Two tyres have worn un evenly(One side) although the alingment is ok. Normally I check alingment in every 5000 km. May be due to a factory defect.Size is 205*55*16

My original Dunlop tyre ser ran 45000 km and changed to Falken Thailand set due to price difference and thread has gone after 20000 km by now. Two tyres have worn un evenly(One side) although the alingment is ok. Normally I check alingment in every 5000 km. May be due to a factory defect.Size is 205*55*16

Well.. Im using Falken - LandAir (Japan made), its been more than 40000KM and threads are still there about 3mm deep.

It might be due to alignment for which there is no factory adjustment. Take it to a place like Car Care who will adjust all aspects (or the other place a fellow member recommended in Walana) Search for the wheel alignment thread. The other cause is issues with tyre pressure.

• 10 months later...

Today tyre prices

195X70XR14

Maxis -

10800/- Paramount

11200/- Wijaya Motors

11000/- Prince tyre

GT-

9550/- Prince Tyre

10400/- Hiline

Dunlop 11200 - hiline

Fedral 11300 - hiline