• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

NishanthaR

Amila is the place to go if you are looking for new rims. I just bought ultra light advanti racing 15 rims for 19k. They are agents for dunlop too. If you dont mind taiwan tyre, check Maxxis also. I got a really god deal from maxxis( though they are 195/55/15) for 12000.

Thanks! I called Amila as well but they don't have any Jap Tyres at all. All they could offer me were Falken Thailad, Dunlop Indonesia. My first choice is Ohtsu Falken Zimex as I got those in the front. But I think those are made in Japan and not even the agents seem to import them.

I also spoke to Autodorme but they only bring Indonesian tyres as well and no Turanzas

I tried to call D*MO but could not get through. Nobody answered the phone and I tried 3 numbers including the tyre sales hot line. Shocking!

I don't really see any problems with the korean indonesian or brazilian tyres compared to japanese ones cos they've gotten really good over the years. Anyway this is how I normally hunt for tyres. I walk into shops find out which tyres come in the size I want, come home and do some research on the net about each tyre. tyretest.com and tirerack.com have some good reviews. could be difficult to find reviews for southasian made tyres. but google and see. I found plenty of results all the tyres I looked at so far. except landsail cos its relatively new I guess. Be aware of the tyre height when reading reviews. passenger tyres have a tendency of getting softer thus more prone to silly punctures as they get taller.

• Like 1

Just inquired from SK Munasinghe, The Jap tyre is 12,100 but said would be able to further discount if I come there :)

Unfortunately they only have SP Sport from Indonesia. I actually love that Tyre as I had those before and very good grip and wear.

sh*t scene then.,.. :sad-smiley-066:

I inquired about Jap Yoko S-Drives from Amila and quoted around 19K for a 195/55 R15 this was about 2 weeks back.

Thanks! I called Amila as well but they don't have any Jap Tyres at all. All they could offer me were Falken Thailad, Dunlop Indonesia. My first choice is Ohtsu Falken Zimex as I got those in the front. But I think those are made in Japan and not even the agents seem to import them.

I also spoke to Autodorme but they only bring Indonesian tyres as well and no Turanzas

I tried to call D*MO but could not get through. Nobody answered the phone and I tried 3 numbers including the tyre sales hot line. Shocking!

I don't really see any problems with the korean indonesian or brazilian tyres compared to japanese ones cos they've gotten really good over the years. Anyway this is how I normally hunt for tyres. I walk into shops find out which tyres come in the size I want, come home and do some research on the net about each tyre. tyretest.com and tirerack.com have some good reviews. could be difficult to find reviews for southasian made tyres. but google and see. I found plenty of results all the tyres I looked at so far. except landsail cos its relatively new I guess. Be aware of the tyre height when reading reviews. passenger tyres have a tendency of getting softer thus more prone to silly punctures as they get taller.

Sounds like good advice. I think I should also explain another factor. Our cars don't get a lot of mileage as I'm away for most of the year and my dad gets picked up for work. So wear and tear isn't as big an issue but the rate of natural deterioration is. For example the previous owner of my car had put 2 Federal tyres before he sold it and they were nearly brand new then and after 8 years have got plenty of thread in them. But alas time has not been too kind to the rubber and you can see age related cracking and deterioration. Never had these issues with Kumhos (original Korean) or the Dunlop (Jap ones) which I had before in other cars.

I inquired about Jap Yoko S-Drives from Amila and quoted around 19K for a 195/55 R15 this was about 2 weeks back.

I'm rather tempted to finally put my 15" rims I bought many years ago on the car (They are OZ racing actually made by Enkei and came in the Lancer OZ racing edition) and that is exactly the size I need.

I'm using Maxxis MAP-1 put on by the previous owner- he said he had about 3-4k on them and I've used them for 9k - still looks fresh and new so tire wear is superbly managed.

That and it has a surprisingly nice grip on both wet and dry conditions, the kind that I expect from Yokohama's.

There is some road noise at high speeds but nothing new for this class.

So I believe Maxxis tires generally punch above their weight .. or price point :) Still am looking to change to Potenza's at the next go.

I'm using Maxxis MAP-1 put on by the previous owner- he said he had about 3-4k on them and I've used them for 9k - still looks fresh and new so tire wear is superbly managed.

That and it has a surprisingly nice grip on both wet and dry conditions, the kind that I expect from Yokohama's.

There is some road noise at high speeds but nothing new for this class.

So I believe Maxxis tires generally punch above their weight .. or price point :) Still am looking to change to Potenza's at the next go.

My Allion had a set of maxxis ma-p1's put in by the previous owner. They looked indestructible and I never got close to the limits of grip, mostly thanks to the dead steering feel of the Allion. What I didn't like was the tyre noise. at over 50 it was pretty audible. at 70 I could swear the Noah with its Michelins was quieter. Ever since then I've been obsessed with quiet tyres.

Found Kumho Solus 195/55 R15 for 11500 a piece. The Tyres I found were made in Korea not China. Is that a decent price?

Machan get into tyre shops and ask them to show you the price catalogues. 25% off that is ok. 33% off is good. You can go even lower and that's what you should aim for. I'm getting a set of Pirelli P4s for the Noah soon. Toyota Lanka offered a 25% discount. I'm getting them through the local tyre shop. Going to see how low I can go

Also build a good relationship with your neighbourhood tyre shop. When you got several vehicles at home that sort of thing goes a long way.

My Allion had a set of maxxis ma-p1's put in by the previous owner. They looked indestructible and I never got close to the limits of grip, mostly thanks to the dead steering feel of the Allion. What I didn't like was the tyre noise. at over 50 it was pretty audible. at 70 I could swear the Noah with its Michelins was quieter. Ever since then I've been obsessed with quiet tyres.

Machan get into tyre shops and ask them to show you the price catalogues. 25% off that is ok. 33% off is good. You can go even lower and that's what you should aim for. I'm getting a set of Pirelli P4s for the Noah soon. Toyota Lanka offered a 25% discount. I'm getting them through the local tyre shop. Going to see how low I can go

Also build a good relationship with your neighbourhood tyre shop. When you got several vehicles at home that sort of thing goes a long way.

That is kind of my problem. I don't have a relationship with my local tyre shop as I don't live here for most of the year. And my tyre search has become quite painful. I'm in search of reasonably performant tyres to put on my 15" rims and 195/55 R15 is the size I'm after. Till now I'm yet to find a good tyre that is actually available in SL from any of the places I've checked with.

SK Munasinghe has the VE302 and LM703 but the VE is a standard sedan tyre and the LM703 gets slated in online reviews particularly for a weak side wall.

The VE302 Made in Japan was quoted at 17K a piece by SK Munasinghe and the LM703 Made in Thailand was quoted at 13900.

The OHTSU Falken Ziex ZE326 is not rated that highly either but you can't find them either.

What I would have really liked is Kumho ECSTAS. Are there any other reasonably priced performance tyre options (I'm thinking around 15K a piece). I'm not even sure if that is realistic..

Has anybody used the Maxxis MA-Z1?

I think I will have to bite the bullet and go to Malay street.

Edited by The Don

That is kind of my problem. I don't have a relationship with my local tyre shop as I don't live here for most of the year. And my tyre search has become quite painful. I'm in search of reasonably performant tyres to put on my 15" rims and 195/55 R15 is the size I'm after. Till now I'm yet to find a good tyre that is actually available in SL from any of the places I've checked with.

SK Munasinghe has the VE302 and LM703 but the VE is a standard sedan tyre and the LM703 gets slated in online reviews particularly for a weak side wall.

The VE302 Made in Japan was quoted at 17K a piece by SK Munasinghe and the LM703 Made in Thailand was quoted at 13900.

The OHTSU Falken Ziex ZE326 is not rated that highly either but you can't find them either.

What I would have really liked is Kumho ECSTAS. Are there any other reasonably priced performance tyre options (I'm thinking around 15K a piece). I'm not even sure if that is realistic..

Don't start making trips to shops just yet. Get the directory and call up a few places and ask them what tyres they have in that size. Or stop by on tyre shops along the way. Three good places out of your way are jayantha tyre near suga and peliyagoda, prince tyre near suga, and amila tyre hill street. All other good places including U&H are on the directory. Then read some reviews or comparisons online and pick one. the only problem is the price they quote first is usually the last price. If everything fails ask U&H about this new tyre called landsail. its chinese alrite but they have a crazy range of sizes right past 20". I got a set of 205/50/16 of them for my insight at just 11200 each. Its a bit on the noisy side compared to jap tyres. but right up there with maxxis and gt. and you get 35000km warranty.

Machan also don't dismiss non japanese made japanese brands. They use the same technology and materials nowadays so you get the same brand for less.

anyone know the price of

Yokohama/ Dunlop/ Bridgestone

235/45/17..?

Dunlop will be the cheapest but I don't know if you can get them in that size over here. yokos and bridgestones should be around 35 with discounts.

If you are looking for a cheap alternative try landsail. my cousin got a set of 215/45/17 for his ist at 14500 each. your size shouldn't be a whole lot more expensive than that. Its just like maxxis and gt. So compared to jap alternatives its only failing is its not as responsive in very sudden directional changes at medium to high speeds.

On a side not I got the Pirelli P4 four seasons fitted to the noah. very very soft sidewall. very very concerned about not piercing them on some pointy object. Its a bit noisier than the Michelin XM1s they replaced, I can hear a bit of tyre noise at 50+ which I didn't with the XM1s all the way past 70 but its not noticeable unless you really pay attention. Other than that its got a very deep tread pattern. with a treadwear rating of 760 I think they'll outlive the michelins twice. Also they are very very smooth. at 100 I barely felt anything on my hands. Can't wait to make a trip to galle now :)

Edited by JadeyBlitzen
  • Like 1

Yes mate im using MA-z1 victra (post 25 of this thread). Its real value for money. It has excelent dry and wet grip as im daily travelling about 10km of real twisty road along A8(Panadura - Rathnapura) and got good online reveiws as well. I got 40% discount from the local agent. But only issue was that they were the only tyres left with the agent about 1month back(I had to go to Tyre house warehouse at panchikawatta to get them and they said its the last of the stock and told me that new shipment of tyres will arrive in 2weeks with very few Maz 1).

Yes mate im using MA-z1 victra (post 25 of this thread). Its real value for money. It has excelent dry and wet grip as im daily travelling about 10km of real twisty road along A8(Panadura - Rathnapura) and got good online reveiws as well. I got 40% discount from the local agent. But only issue was that they were the only tyres left with the agent about 1month back(I had to go to Tyre house warehouse at panchikawatta to get them and they said its the last of the stock and told me that new shipment of tyres will arrive in 2weeks with very few Maz 1).

Thanks HC! Could you please give me the contact details of this agent please. And could you also confirm the size of the tyres you got and the price you got them for if you don't mind.

Mate, its my local maxxis agent at Horana.(sena tyre) They had only 2 tyres left and I got them for old price with 40% discount(12000). Then i had to go to tyre house (maxxis importer) to get other two for new price(12500 each).Its 195/55-15. Actually i dont hav the num right now but might be available at maxxislk site. I think best bet would be to visit tyre house at panchikawatta or order a set via your nearest maxxis agent. If i remember right theres a agent near nugegoda, between kohuwala junction and hospital.(Cant remember the name).

Mate, its my local maxxis agent at Horana.(sena tyre) They had only 2 tyres left and I got them for old price with 40% discount(12000). Then i had to go to tyre house (maxxis importer) to get other two for new price(12500 each).Its 195/55-15. Actually i dont hav the num right now but might be available at maxxislk site. I think best bet would be to visit tyre house at panchikawatta or order a set via your nearest maxxis agent. If i remember right theres a agent near nugegoda, between kohuwala junction and hospital.(Cant remember the name).

I think your ref to The Ty#e T#am ( Bet Koh junc and hospital )