• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

NishanthaR

I want to buy new tyres of size 185/65/R14

Can anyone please tell me best brand and cheapest place to buy

thanx

I bought two OHTSU Falkens (Made in Japan) about a year ago for just under 10,000 each. I've used Kumho ECSTA and Dunlop SP sport in the past and they all were good tyres. I particularly recommend the Dunlop SP Sport (make sure you get the Made in Japan version). The Kumhos are competitively priced and are good tyres as well.

If you want something cheaper try Nankang (made in Thaiwan but good tyre).

Edited by The Don

You can buy Dunlop from the Agents on Havelock.. they are quite cheap ....

sometime they may be cheap always look for date of manufacture as i once had a bad experience by getting a fat discount from SK munasinghe's (had repeated blow outs)!!

Tire prices are available on their local websites. U can find the agent by using brand name & google and go to the local website. Don't have time to do it for u. sorry.

Edited by brw

Tire prices are available on their local websites. U can find the agent by using brand name & google and go to the local website. Don't have time to do it for u. sorry.

yeah, but most of those were updated few years ago; so you have to actually call them and ask.

• Like 1

May I know the place?

It is the average price for GT champiro and is available in most of the places. I bought recently from sakura tyre centre, hanwella. warakapola tyre service, ruchira peradeniya has similar prices.

Its Unimo - Hyde Park Corner. In general they do have stocks.

Cheers! I saw an article to that effect on net - but had my doubts. thanks.

You don't know this after all the money they spend putting a huge decal on DD's Evos? :P Poor buggers are gonna feel their advertising is going to waste. :lol:

LOL - well I tend to ignore decals - you've seen the brands zillions of times anyways ;) Not all are like me, so advertising still works - hopefully <_<

• 10 months later...

There are a number of Tyre threads, so I was at a dilemma as to which one to revive! This had the most generic subject heading.

I need to buy around 4 tyres 185/65 R14 or 185/60 R14

I went an got a quote from my normal Tyre shop in Gansaba Junction Nugegoda and the chap quoted me 10K a piece of OHTSU Falken made in Thailand Versions. (I wanted the Jap version but they did not have it). These were not the Zimex version I wanted. Now I plan to go around a bit and get a few more prices, but I wanted to get your guys input first as I'm not in the country from most of the year. I've read good reviews about Amila Tyre house Dehiwala, and about going to Malay street. My questions are

1. How much will I need to spend if I'm to go for a Jap or Korean Tyre

2. What is the next best alternative, as in the most value for money brand (good quality at a reasonable price)

3. Where should I go and what sort of discount should I expect to see from the list price.

Thanks a lot guys in advance!

True.. & dunlop (jap) are the best.. :grinning-smiley-003:

Just inquired from SK Munasinghe, The Jap tyre is 12,100 but said would be able to further discount if I come there :)

Unfortunately they only have SP Sport from Indonesia. I actually love that Tyre as I had those before and very good grip and wear.

There are a number of Tyre threads, so I was at a dilemma as to which one to revive! This had the most generic subject heading.

I need to buy around 4 tyres 185/65 R14 or 185/60 R14

I went an got a quote from my normal Tyre shop in Gansaba Junction Nugegoda and the chap quoted me 10K a piece of OHTSU Falken made in Thailand Versions. (I wanted the Jap version but they did not have it). These were not the Zimex version I wanted. Now I plan to go around a bit and get a few more prices, but I wanted to get your guys input first as I'm not in the country from most of the year. I've read good reviews about Amila Tyre house Dehiwala, and about going to Malay street. My questions are

1. How much will I need to spend if I'm to go for a Jap or Korean Tyre

2. What is the next best alternative, as in the most value for money brand (good quality at a reasonable price)

3. Where should I go and what sort of discount should I expect to see from the list price.

Thanks a lot guys in advance!

Amila is the place to go if you are looking for new rims. I just bought ultra light advanti racing 15 rims for 19k. They are agents for dunlop too. If you dont mind taiwan tyre, check Maxxis also. I got a really god deal from maxxis( though they are 195/55/15) for 12000.

post-44314-0-28921600-1338288196_thumb.j

post-44314-0-86565100-1338288245_thumb.j

Edited by H.C