• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Viva Or Toyota Passo

rosh78

Suggest me good one among paradua Viva and Toyota Passo.

Please be kind enough to mention the pros and cons also...

I suggest VIVA, I have driven both and You can have a peaceful driving with out any rattling noise of the steering rack.

When comparing both these options I would say go for Passo, I haven't driven Viva personally ,but one of my friends wife was using a viva and since they were not satisfied with it, they changed to a Passo and they are very happy with new passo..in fact this is not my personal experience and it's up to you to decide. first of all ,have you test driven these two cars?

Viva is brand new and Passo comes as it is with most probably re clocked odo. And of course the price viva would be around 1.6 Mil where as a passo would be over 2.3 ?

I have driven the Viva elite Auto version. not a bad ride for the bucks. No idea about the passo driving.

• Like 2

Viva and Passo are two different leagues. Price difference of around 7 lacks speaks for it. Between these two the best car is Passo in my opinion. It is very spacious, more comfy than a Viva, slightly bigger and enjoys better re-sale value thanks to the Toyota badge. Viva is relatively less comfy and smaller. But it also is 7 lacks less. In my opinion, if you can afford, Passo definitely worth the extra buck.

Viva is brand new and Passo comes as it is with most probably re clocked odo. And of course the price viva would be around 1.6 Mil where as a passo would be over 2.3 ?

I have driven the Viva elite Auto version. not a bad ride for the bucks. No idea about the passo driving.

It is highly unlikely you would get a re-clocked odo if you import from japan. But car sales guys might import cars and change the odo once they are here.

you are correct but he can find yom 2004 or 2005 car for around 2 mill.

I would choose the VIVA. Though its smaller than the passo, interior and exterior wise it looks better. Only problem for me was the ground clearence other wise its really a great car, good value for money.

But take into note that only the Elite ezi version comes with saftey features such as airbags and ABS, but in the Passo these are standard. A brand new Elite ezi is more than 1.8mn, I've seen 2004/2005 registered passos for 1.8mn.

Edited by Reckless

erm, not the best two cars to compare, the VIVA is a really nice car

but the Passo is more spacious, i think your comparing the VIVA elite,

even though im a bit biased about predouo's ill go with the passo,

viva has the same engine

has a rpm meter

and is brand new

for 700k less

no this is only for the toyota badge

R U Sure..?? 'Same Engine'..???

How about this one;

1. Passo vs Viva - Which one got fastest acceleration..?

2. Passo vs Viva - Which one has top speed..?

How about this one;

Ha haa ... i dont think ppl buy these cars to drag race :jumping-smiley-013:

Yes the Viva has low ground clearence compared to other cars in the same range,but it is not an issue in SL roads,unless you are up for a off road spin.Compared to the Passo for me the Viva is far more better,and its a brand new.Buyers I know are extremely happy with the car.Good luck

Edited by CyRaX

And just in case you choose the Passo,make sure the vehicle is in good condition,if not you'll hve to face major issued,because some condemmed vehicles are restored and imported.And the odo meter issue is a normal thing in any car sale.

viva has the same engine

has a rpm meter

and is brand new

for 700k less

So just like you give your self reputation points,by any chance when you were in school did you mark your own exam papers ?

viva has the same engine

has a rpm meter

and is brand new

for 700k less

ok.. no wonder you were voted as the most Retard in

Autolanka Awards..

and FYI there are Passo with the option RPM meter.

My link

ok.. no wonder you were voted as the most Retard in

Autolanka Awards..

i think the logical explanation is his name says it all doesn't it. :D

How about this one;

For my knowledge the Viva elite has the EJ-VE 1.0l (989cc)3 cylinder DOHC engine with DVVT - Output is 60 hp (45 kW) at 6000 RPM with 90 Nm of torque at 3600 RPM. car weight is around 810kg

the passo has the 1KR-FE1.0l (996cc)3 cylinder DOHC engine with VVT - Output is 71 hp (53 kW) at 6000 RPM with 94 Nm of torque at 3600 RPM. car weight is around 900kg

both engines are made by daihatsu, probably the passo has a slighty better acceleration over the viva because of the power to weight ratio. both cars might have a top speed around 160kmph. correct me if im wrong guys :)

i think the logical explanation is his name says it all doesn't it. :D

lol it does :D

For my knowledge the Viva elite has the EJ-VE 1.0l (989cc)3 cylinder DOHC engine with DVVT - Output is 60 hp (45 kW) at 6000 RPM with 90 Nm of torque at 3600 RPM. car weight is around 810kg

the passo has the 1KR-FE1.0l (996cc)3 cylinder DOHC engine with VVT - Output is 71 hp (53 kW) at 6000 RPM with 94 Nm of torque at 3600 RPM. car weight is around 900kg

both engines are made by daihatsu, probably the passo has a slighty better acceleration over the viva because of the power to weight ratio. both cars might have a top speed around 160kmph. correct me if im wrong guys :)

donno about exact figures but, agree, according to rough calculations, the passo has wee bit better acceleration

but, the whole point of buying a car this size and this brand is not speed,

its maintainability and usability,

tbh viva does have both and its new, but still Toyota has a bit more, and its a Toyota, it will live forever :D so age isn't a big issue here

but if it were a pick between myvi and passo, def. myvi,

I thought Passo engine is from Toyota.. But you are correct i guess. I did some googling and found that Passo engine is from Daihatsu.. :action-smiley-060: Damn..!!

Link - http://eng.motorsporlari.net/car/tech_spec.asp?specID=23591&make=Toyota

So its about paying 1.5Mil for Viva with a Daihatsu engine <BrandNew> and 2.5Mil for Passo with a Daihatsu engine <Used>....???:P

I thought Passo engine is from Toyota.. But you are correct i guess. I did some googling and found that Passo engine is from Daihatsu.. :action-smiley-060: Damn..!!

Link - http://eng.motorsporlari.net/car/tech_spec.asp?specID=23591&make=Toyota

So its about paying 1.5Mil for Viva with a Daihatsu engine <BrandNew> and 2.5Mil for Passo with a Daihatsu engine <Used>....???:P

yes machan both engines are made by daihatsu which is a subsidiary of Toyota. Even though the passo engine has a bit more power I would buy the viva elite. But remember machan 1.5mn is for the basic M/T version of the elite, the fully loaded elite ezi with airsbags and ABS is more than 1.8mn

yes machan both engines are made by daihatsu which is a subsidiary of Toyota. Even though the passo engine has a bit more power I would buy the viva elite. But remember machan 1.5mn is for the basic M/T version of the elite, the fully loaded elite ezi with airsbags and ABS is more than 1.8mn

Machan i think Elite ezi is Auto right..?? Is it worth to pay 1.8Mn+ for a Elite Auto..?? Sure the performance will be very much lesser that manual one..

Yes u r right the engines are different, but they r both made by dihatsu that's what mislead me,

And yes if the prices were same I'd advise any one to go for a passo, but the difference is about 50% of the value.

I don't know whether those tiny boxes would reach 160kmph but if they do it would be like driving with the grim reaper in the passenger seat. :lol:

But this could also not happen because the speed will be markedly reduced if passengers are going along.