• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Jerks When Taking Off

asanka424

Question

Hello experts,

My car is having a symptom of shaking/jerking when taking off from a stop. Sometimes it feels that car might be stalling. Any ideas or experience in this kind of problems? Apart from jerking thing car runs nicely. No misfires. I have changed my spark plugs and injectors have been cleaned. Air filter is also changed.

Can a clogged fuel filter cause this type of problem?

Please share your experiences and advices.

Thanks.

Asanka

i thinks it has some thing to do with your mounts check both engine and gear mounts and do you change your petrol filter recently?.

Actually changing fuel filter is my next step. Can it be that? not getting enough fuel to the engine? Do you know any places where they check fuel pressure?

mates.

I got the same problem since last Thursday.

Mechanic says , it's becos of the bad fuel. and he did some cleaning on fuel system.

and asked me to fill up the petrol with 95 octain.

when did this hapens I got 3/4 tank with 90 octain.

and for the issue, it's still have but not like earlier. it's happens only on idle.( some time engine shut down )

and now i am wondering about engine mount issue. I mean as i remember I think I got bad mount near gear box.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

no comments.......but i love your username you have chosen for autolanka....... :lol::P

:angry-smiley-048:

Edited by rameez

Actually changing fuel filter is my next step. Can it be that? not getting enough fuel to the engine? Do you know any places where they check fuel pressure?

yes there is a possibility this could happen because of dirty fuel filter. i and don't know a place to check fuel pressure i think other members can share light on this. :)

well I was experiencing the same kinda problem.

mine had a slightly cracked engine mount also so thought it might be the case...

until i took the car for a tune up last weekend before getting the emission test done.

all standard stuff were done including cleaning spark plugs & air filter, checking distributor contacts and wires, checking petrol filter, etc

but to rectify the actual issue, all it needed was few adjustments on the screws. now the engine is smooth as ever. (mine is a carb model so in your case it may not be totally relevant)

so my suggestion is to take your car to a mechanic and let him have a look. it cost me 1200 with an emission test report. PM me if you want any details.

it should be available in panchikawatta or you could buy from wurth lanka itself. not sure where it is though. google it and see. i'm sorry, i didnt come to know how it works though. all i know is that i used the additive for diesel engines when i had the same problem. the car had a momentary jerk in the engine on acceleration coupled with a loss of power. after i added this, it doesnt happen as often.

40k ~ 50k max

did you check the clutch and pressure plate?

Yes. clutch kit was replaced (clutch, pressure plates and release bearing). Didn't cure the problem. I think more and more it is something related to engine. I am 99% sure it is not air. So I have left fuel and spark. I have changed the spark plugs but not wires. I guess wires give you trouble in high speeds, not in low speeds. Now I have left fuel. will check and change the fuel filter this week end.

Have anyone come across this kind of problem?

what if the car vibrates & rpm drop below 450 when the Ac is on?i have this problem in my Ek3. :rolleyes:

thanks

in that case there is a possibility that you have a problem with your ecu box this thing happen to me ones my problem is like this after ac is on car is vibrates and going to stop in my carina after doing tuneup changing plugs air filter fuel filter again cleaning icv i have check engine mounts and gear mounts change atf do every repair it needed but problem is still there after finally my mechanic guy figure out what's wrong with it. car isint idles when ac is on and he says that ecu box need to change because ac is isn't idles by ecu but when to find ecu box but i could not find carina ecu after searching i have found corolla 110 ecu box that match with carina after replacing it problem went away and car is idles to ac.

UPDATE -

I replaced fuel filter and changed gear oil. Both were not in good condition so I think it is okay. But vibration thing still there. But now it is not noticeable every time. On the way back I was getting that shaking thing intermittently. I guess it is not a mechanical problem. May be MAP sensor is incorrectly calculating the vacuum and then ecu calculates the engine load incorrectly.

Anyway it is lot better than it used to be and shifting is very smooth now.