• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Jerks When Taking Off

asanka424

Question

Hello experts,

My car is having a symptom of shaking/jerking when taking off from a stop. Sometimes it feels that car might be stalling. Any ideas or experience in this kind of problems? Apart from jerking thing car runs nicely. No misfires. I have changed my spark plugs and injectors have been cleaned. Air filter is also changed.

Can a clogged fuel filter cause this type of problem?

Please share your experiences and advices.

Thanks.

Asanka

i kinda have the same problem, specially when i take the foot off the break (auto),

i always thought its becouse the engine is a bit slow or something,

but mine aint jerking off much, just a bit slow and vibrates a bit.

i kinda have the same problem, specially when i take the foot off the break (auto),

mine is a manual one. And yes engine shakes little bit when idling. Idle cannot set manually, it has a IAC.

Hello experts,

My car is having a symptom of shaking/jerking when taking off from a stop. Sometimes it feels that car might be stalling. Any ideas or experience in this kind of problems? Apart from jerking thing car runs nicely. No misfires. I have changed my spark plugs and injectors have been cleaned. Air filter is also changed.

Can a clogged fuel filter cause this type of problem?

Please share your experiences and advices.

Thanks.

Asanka

if these happen when ac is on or off?

;)

oh **** that really looks bad :lol:

Do you get this all the time or only when you are in a tightly packed bus?

most of the time :lol:

god even im laughing reading my own comment now :alc:

if these happen when ac is on or off?

Actually I checked that. When AC is on engine vibrates more and when AC is off engine vibration is less. any way the jerk is still there when AC is off but it is in the manageable/comfortable level. I have a data scanner(cheap one from ebay) and I can check sensor data and ECM calculations. But everything seems normal.(at least for me).

one more thing. When car is idling I have AC compressor clutch engaging disengaging at about 20s intervals. I think this is normal since AC controller trying to keep the set temperature inside.

Actually I checked that. When AC is on engine vibrates more and when AC is off engine vibration is less. any way the jerk is still there when AC is off but it is in the manageable/comfortable level. I have a data scanner(cheap one from ebay) and I can check sensor data and ECM calculations. But everything seems normal.(at least for me).

one more thing. When car is idling I have AC compressor clutch engaging disengaging at about 20s intervals. I think this is normal since AC controller trying to keep the set temperature inside.

may i know whats the car?

i kinda had the same problem with my old EE103, that actually came from a broken engine mount though

may i know whats the car?

i kinda had the same problem with my old EE103, that actually came from a broken engine mount though

It is hyundai Elantra 1.6 year 2000. Actually I had to change the engine mount (near gear box) I think it went bad due to this jerk or vibration.

that's not normal; climate control will turn the compressor on off as needed, but not so rapidly. so you should get it checked out.

Edited by Sifaan

when ac is on car idles ok or it vibrate and rpm drop below 450?

Edited by nexus

It is hyundai Elantra 1.6 year 2000. Actually I had to change the engine mount (near gear box) I think it went bad due to this jerk or vibration.

hmmmm i guess you need to speed up the engine a bit then (from a proper machanic)

and plz stop using the work jerking :action-smiley-060:

mates.

I got the same problem since last Thursday.

Mechanic says , it's becos of the bad fuel. and he did some cleaning on fuel system.

and asked me to fill up the petrol with 95 octain.

when did this hapens I got 3/4 tank with 90 octain.

and for the issue, it's still have but not like earlier. it's happens only on idle.( some time engine shut down )

and now i am wondering about engine mount issue. I mean as i remember I think I got bad mount near gear box.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

im also feeling some jerks and shaking while idle and take off...may be the bad fuel..and i pumped xtra premium at ioc and feel less shakings donno whether its correct..hoping to see my mech if it is going to continue

:lol::lol: lol

No No, Engine RPM stays about 750/850. It is the vibration that changing.

i thinks it has some thing to do with your mounts check both engine and gear mounts and do you change your petrol filter recently?.