• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nzt-260

sala

Does anyone know how to change NZT260's CVT,ATF

some say it's a lifetime oil.

Another one say it's a lifetime oil but it should change

CONFUSING!! :blink:

best thing to do is take your car to the agents they will figure it out.

best thing to do is take your car to the agents they will figure it out.

the agents will say its a lifetime oil and not to change. believe me toy*ta l*nka are absolutely clueless about lot of new JDM's and don't want to bother.

is yours a CVT transmission?

the agents will say its a lifetime oil and not to change. believe me toy*ta l*nka are absolutely clueless about lot of new JDM's and don't want to bother.

is yours a CVT transmission?

I agree don't always trust the agents, some of them don't know anything, my friends A18 allion (2007 model) cvt fluid was changed by the garage they usually go to at 30,000 km's, no problems as of now (they've run over 6000 km's since then) so I doubt it'll harm the gearbox if its done properly

When I speak to some of the CVT owners regarding the changing intervals, the recommendation is to change after 40000Kms but, for a reconditioned car this can be 50000Kms before the first change. But, most of the people say since the local climate is kind of hot, better to change it in 35000KM.

Mine is 25000KM and planning to do a CVT change in 35000KMs at Agents - Last time when i check, they claimed 10K for the CVT Oil change. Since the Lubricant prices have increased recently, don’t know if the charges have gone up.

Check this article

The engine and the CVT system came with the 141 corolla, which were imported "brand new" by permit holders and the engines come with the Axio, Alion 260 and Primo are the same.

You will easily be able to find a user manual of the 141 Corolla, which is in English. All these engine maintenance info is there very clearly..

CVT oil change is in every 40k

Later I understood that what I wrote above is wrong....the message to be corrected as...

The spec/detail/maintenance of the engine 1NZ-FE (Axio, Premio, Alian etc) are mentioned in the manual came with 141 Corollas which are imported "brand new" and is in English. Where you will find all the engine maintenance details. I found it very useful. Just have one photo copied..

Edited by dinran

The engine and the CVT system came with the 141 corolla, which were imported "brand new" by permit holders and the engines come with the Axio, Alion 260 and Primo are the same.

You will easily be able to find a user manual of the 141 Corolla, which is in English. All these engine maintenance info is there very clearly..

CVT oil change is in every 40k

the permit 141 has a bigger 1.6 engine than the JDM ones and premio aliions which are 1.5 liter (some are 1.8 also)

Edited by toyota sucks

• 3 weeks later...

the permit 141 has a bigger 1.6 engine than the JDM ones and premio aliions which are 1.5 liter (some are 1.8 also)

The details are mentioned separately for the 1NZ-FE engine....you know, the manuals are provided not just for one engine....but for few engine models.

This has been discussed before, if you searched, you would realise that it appears different manufacturers have different specs for their oils and maintenance, etc. I figured out mine by reading the manual (had to download an English one) or you could take it to the agents.