• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Transmission Hiace Kdh200

KSR Siriwardana

Question

11 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a Toyota Hiace KD200 for tourism. Buy my driver ask me not to buy auto transmission vehicle. Please let me know your advice, is there any disadvantage in Auto transmission vehicles.

Disadvantages we can guess are relatively high fuel consumption and tranny maintenance related.Plus most of the drivers dont really know how to drive auto vehicles especially in hill country area. Little bit of training will sort that out. maybe the re-sell concerns are there.Sri Lanka is still suffering from Autobox phobia. Go for an Auto, not a big issue IMO.

MINIACE

if your looking for a KDH200 Super GL i haven't seen any manual version in it

even in previous generation of toyota hiace(dolphin hiace model)super GL only come's with auto tranny's.

I'm not a Hiace expert, but my opinion is this.

SL People don't like Auto Transmission because..

- More fuel consumption compared to a manual

- High maintenance of brake parts, because with the mode of SL driving (repetition of over acceleration and braking) due to traffic even in long distance travel.

- SL Drivers not used to driving Auto's (as said above, driving Auto's in mountain roads needs extra skill).

But Auto Transmission has advantages as well... It is more reliable than manual gearbox (IF USED and MAINTAINED TIMELY AND PROPERLY), no hassle of changing clutch plates and pressure plates.

Hope this helps...and choice is yours...

/CruiserFan

This is my opinion on a manual compared to an auto simply for the following reasons,

1. Driver used to manual (they drive the auto like a manual, they want quick pickup)
  2. Tourism involves hill country travel - higher fuel+brake pad cost
  3. Practically difficult to change sri lankan spoiled drivers driving style.(My personal exp)
  4. Less engine wearing on manual transmission (as auto involves higher rpms to accelerate)
  5. Higher rpm leads to higher fuel cost
  6. Dual A/C requires more pulling power.

But as clearly said SuperGL will not have manual transmission. Passenger comfort wise auto is much better as well.

On average we get 6 - 7 km/l with KDH200 (2500cc) auto model with dual A/C.

Also note that you have to use Super Diesel for these models, otherwise so much trouble in the long run.

Good luck with your decision.

Edited by Rachitha

my personal opinion is go for a manul one considering the conditiond in SL and also there IS a manual version for superGL bt will be hard to find (u'll hv to import it personally)

going for a manula will be economical for u on the long run as you are hoping to make money out of the vehicle

going for a manula will be economical for u on the long run as you are hoping to make money out of the vehicle

what the hell in manula it's a some kind of new transmission?

im very sry ur lordship plz do excuse my english ... and oh I forget dat dis forum has a spell checker :violent-smiley-099: :violent-smiley-099: :violent-smiley-099:

You'd better use correct spelling / avoid typos when you point out another person's errors. (note "in" in place of "is")

This is what you call "Vadi bana.."

Edited by ae100
  • Like 1