• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cannot Filter Vehicle Ads

dtd

8 members have voted

1. 1. Have you not able to filter or search in Autolanka vehicle ads?

• 3 weeks later...

A price filter I admit would be quite useful for all the people who come here asking "what can i buy for Rs.XXXX"

I also noticed that the unfiltered result spans only 10 pages, so effectively right now (20th July) I see vehicles that have been added since the 11th of July. (but if you run a filtered search more show up).... Maybe the designers can take a look at that too?

Current search is working for me, but as all the others says, it would be nice if AL can give us more search options. And the other thing I like to mention is, it will be useful if the ad published date is visible to us to get an idea how old ad is.

A price filter I admit would be quite useful for all the people who come here asking "what can i buy for Rs.XXXX"

I also noticed that the unfiltered result spans only 10 pages, so effectively right now (20th July) I see vehicles that have been added since the 11th of July. (but if you run a filtered search more show up).... Maybe the designers can take a look at that too?

While that is true, I personally think too many people just put stuff like "best offer" instead of a number for that to be useful

• Like 2

While that is true, I personally think too many people just put stuff like "best offer" instead of a number for that to be useful

I was thinking the same thing with regard to using the price as a filter.

Simply making a price a requirement (just like displaying the numberplate is) would solve that. Its more a policy change than a technical change, don't you think?

And if a seller doesnt want to give the actual price, then say 999,999,999.99 (maybe set as a default value). This will result in the car not showing up in the search filter. So sellers would actually be encouraged to give a price if they want their car to show up in a search, hence benefiting buyers.

I was thinking the same thing with regard to using the price as a filter.

Simply making a price a requirement (just like displaying the numberplate is) would solve that. Its more a policy change than a technical change, don't you think?

And if a seller doesnt want to give the actual price, then say 999,999,999.99 (maybe set as a default value). This will result in the car not showing up in the search filter. So sellers would actually be encouraged to give a price if they want their car to show up in a search, hence benefiting buyers.

as pointed out in a different thread, this is now a must in Sri Lankan context. Consumer affairs authority had taken some serious actions on companies didn't put up the price tag in paper advertisements. You see now all ad carries at least the starting price

• 2 years later...
I always encounter this problem of being not able to search or filter within autolanka ads?

have experienced this with multiple web browsers also

In other similar site they have options like search by prize range and vehicle model.This site needs some updating....