• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Good Frshwater Fishing Spots?

jdnet

Hey guys,

I know there are a few guys who fish a lot here so I thought I'd ask. Anyway I'm looking at doing some freshwater fishing this weekend (lake or river) and I need to know some good spots close to colombo. Boats available to rent out would be good and the fish need to be edible so the water should be relatively clean. Tilapia and cat fish are a plus. Anyway let me know if any of you guys have any spots.

Thanks.

Could I convince you to engage in another sport that does not bring misery to other living beings? :mellow:

Could I convince you to get GTFO? If you want to stop causing misery to living things, the easiest thing you could do is to kill youself. The very moment you or anyone else was born you created an added burden on the planet. As a human your very presence is the cause of the destruction of our environment. To cloth you and feed you, thousands of trees and animals and chopped down or killed every year. Forests are stripped to create space for you to build your house. So yes if you want to convince others to stop killing things maybe you should put your beliefs to work on the home ground and kill yourself for as a human you are responsible for the deaths of thousands or living things.

Thank you.

P.S. If you do kill yourself please make sure you do it in one shot. No one likes a hero who couldn't even commit suicide right.

• Like 2

machang...i would recommend bolgoda lake. you can get barramundis, mangrove jacks, smaller paraws and the odd barracuda there. These are all on smaller artificials trolled off a boat.

Fishing with hooked baits some folks tend to catch knife fish. they have hit a few lures too.

A known party had landed a 40lbs barramundi just a couple of days ago there so the fishing seems to be ok.

although there are off days :)

If you like...i can text you some contacts to hire a boat and even tackle if you need them :)

I have never fished there myself cos i don't own any light tackle at all...mostly geared for salty fishing.

Alternatively another spot is near my place in wattala by the kelani river estuary. a boat can be hired for about 4k for a half a day troll in the seas. "Freshwater" fishing can be done on the river but it'll be casting with lures or with natural baits. fishing is slow there these days from what i hear but there are loads and loads of anglers trying their luck.

Ont he river you mostly catch the sea cat fish called "anguluwa"...not good eating.

casting gets you cuda, paraws, mangrove jacks and barramundis.

I would reccomend you try bolgoda though.

ah thanks for the reply ripper. Very informative to say the least. Would appreciate it if you could text or pm me the numbers of the boat guys at bolgoda. Also got a few q's for you. Will pm you when i get near a computer.

Edited by jdnet

Bunch of butchers eh?...

Try Kandy Lake.You can catch lots of wish

Big fishes who are able to take you to Near by Hotel for a 5 star treatment :angry-smiley-048:

Is that what happened to you? They took you to a 5 Start hotel and shoved a big fish inside you?

• Like 1

ah thanks for the reply ripper. Very informative to say the least. Would appreciate it if you could text or pm me the numbers of the boat guys at bolgoda. Also got a few q's for you. Will pm you when i get near a computer.

Mind you Mr Ripper won many awards for sports fishing including sea water offshore!! So you can count on his advises / instructions

MINIACE

That's 'Pro' member... why are you such a retard? Is your momma your sister too? Is there too much 'loving' inside your home?

There are PRO members and PROST$$$te members...

you belongs to second category.....dont know about your family

yes my family is filled with love.....

poor you!little orphan living in a shoe....

Mind you Mr Ripper won many awards for sports fishing including sea water offshore!! So you can count on his advises / instructions

MINIACE

I think Ripper Mahataya is so addicted to fishing he probably takes his fishing gear to act like he's fishing outta his bath tub :lol: j/k.

Your family might be filled with too much "love." Incest is a crime. Better watch out there.

Ha Ha ..

Old man....You cannot be accused for Incest....cos your blood group is different from your family.....owwwwwwwww

Yes ur liable for paedophilism... :violent-smiley-099: