• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius Hybrid

joybook

Pericles,

I said 10,000 people can't be wrong. Still i'm saying. It is valid until you (or someone else) break my argument with acceptable reason/s.

You said you dislike hybrids, you dislike prius, than again said you haven't said anything against Panamera hybrid. so, what we can think about it? If i said "I'll meet you when i come to visit zoo" ooops, i didn't meant to say you are in zoo, but Dehiwala. but others may take it wrongly :unsure: sorry! that is what i got from you comments.

i don't want to fight with you or others. what i'm saying is,

1. Prius is not a bad car at all.

2. It has better handing and good ride quality. It also give you decent acceleration whenever required

3. If someone want to race on the roads and love hybrids, consider Honda Insight

4. Toyota Lanka doesn't support for Prius yet, but you can get regular maintenance done by them. Also you can find good places to checkup hybrid system health and even get done small maintenance

5. Don't listen to rumors, HV battery made to last for vehicle lifetime, at least 10 years, if you buy 2007 prius, you can run at least 6 years without any problem. who know what happens at that time.

6. Car is reliable just like other Toyota cars. If JDM Premios, Allions, Axios and Vits can run on our roads, why Prius can't? It doesn't made with rocket science.

7. Prius Gen 2 works 20km/l - 24km/l depending on your driving style.

8. It has decent cargo space as well as leg space in rear seats. That give comfort ride for your family members.

9. Nice to use as a family car or daily long distance ride.

10. If you got any problem with you car, go to Toyota Lanka first. They will consult you what to do. Don't let others to play around and use car as a learning materiel.

Edited by lkgamage

Pericles,

I said 10,000 people can't be wrong. Still i'm saying. It is valid until you (or someone else) break my argument with acceptable reason/s.

Already done. Large groups of people do stupid things all the time.

You said you dislike hybrids, you dislike prius, than again said you haven't said anything against Panamera hybrid. so, what we can think about it?

I said I dislike the Prius, not that I dislike hybrids. You don't need to engage in the unfamiliar act of thinking. I'll be even more specific, I dislike the second gen second hand Prius that have flooded in. I have said it very clearly, so you don't need to hurt yourself trying to think about it.

If i said "I'll meet you when i come to visit zoo" ooops, i didn't meant to say you are in zoo, but Dehiwala. but others may take it wrongly :unsure: sorry! that is what i got from you comments.

And that is why I think your stupid. Next time, learn to listen or read what people say, don't imagine bullshit. It is this imagining bullshit habit of yours that means no one can trust what you say, and really shouldn't listen to you.

Also

2. It has better handing

Than what? A Maruti? "Better" is a comparison, you can't take just one thing and say it is "better".

See? No ability to understand or express yourself. Simply put, there is no reason to listen to someone like you.

Edited by Pericles
  • Like 1

Pericles,

You said you dislike hybrids, you dislike prius, than again said you haven't said anything against Panamera hybrid. so, what we can think about it? If i said "I'll meet you when i come to visit zoo" ooops, i didn't meant to say you are in zoo, but Dehiwala. but others may take it wrongly :unsure: sorry! that is what i got from you comments.

i don't want to fight with you or others. what i'm saying is,

1. Prius is not a bad car at all.

2. It has better handing and good ride quality. It also give you decent acceleration whenever required

3. If someone want to race on the roads and love hybrids, consider Honda Insight

4. Toyota Lanka doesn't support for Prius yet, but you can get regular maintenance done by them. Also you can find good places to checkup hybrid system health and even get done small maintenance

5. Don't listen to rumors, HV battery made to last for vehicle lifetime, at least 10 years, if you buy 2007 prius, you can run at least 6 years without any problem. who know what happens at that time.

6. Car is reliable just like other Toyota cars. If JDM Premios, Allions, Axios and Vits can run on our roads, why Prius can't? It doesn't made with rocket science.

7. Prius Gen 2 works 20km/l - 24km/l depending on your driving style.

8. It has decent cargo space as well as leg space in rear seats. That give comfort ride for your family members.

9. Nice to use as a family car or daily long distance ride.

10. If you got any problem with you car, go to Toyota Lanka first. They will consult you what to do. Don't let others to play around and use car as a learning materiel.

1. Pri-ass, better handling :D compared to a 3 wheel, yes,

2. There is a reason why Toyota lanka doesn't support Prius. its coz of its High Maintainence Cost

The Hybrids main target is to save the earth. with its Eco friendliness

but do you realize that when disposing the battery

it cause MORE damage to the environment than it saves.

that freaking thing is made out of Nickel Cadmium. this is a seriously bad substance for the environment.

Already done. Large groups of people do stupid things all the time.

I said I dislike the Prius, not that I dislike hybrids. You don't need to engage in the unfamiliar act of thinking. I'll be even more specific, I dislike the second gen second hand Prius that have flooded in. I have said it very clearly, so you don't need to hurt yourself trying to think about it.

And that is why I think your stupid. Next time, learn to listen or read what people say, don't imagine bullshit. It is this imagining bullshit habit of yours that means no one can trust what you say, and really shouldn't listen to you.

Also

Than what? A Maruti? "Better" is a comparison, you can't take just one thing and say it is "better".

See? No ability to understand or express yourself. Simply put, there is no reason to listen to someone like you.

Machan, you are again showing your disgusting anti-hybrid behaviors. Trying to attack by person and make him silence, like you guys did for Rover :angry-smiley-024: I don't want to take your character certificate, People know who is stupid and who is wise. I don't want you to listen to me. just get the facts and prove it rather than saying useless blah blah...

We were talking about 2008 prius, it is a mid size econbox. Everyone in here know that. When we compare cars, we'd take cars in same class. Edirishighe already told us, His Prius (2008) is better than his previous Axio. Search on the net, you will find Prius Gen 2 reviews that compare with other same class cars. I don't know how you got Maruti to compare with Prius. Is that what your imagine level? Readers may think what a .......... oh. next time get a better reason to attack me.

1. Pri-ass, better handling :D compared to a 3 wheel, yes

Be careful friend. Richard peris will hire you as a consultant.

2. There is a reason why Toyota lanka doesn't support Prius. its coz of its High Maintainence Cost

No. reason is, they still don't have trained human resources. They (even we) didn't think about rapid growth of Prius market in SL. Do you think, japan can produce trained human resources in just two weeks? or months? Good for you.

Edited by lkgamage

Be careful friend. Richard peris will hire you as a consultant.

look dude, i have driven a 2008 pri-ass around my neighborhood of one of my neighbor

its not soooo super handling or anything for me.

No. reason is, they still don't have trained human resources. They (even we) didn't think about rapid growth of Prius market in SL. Do you think, japan can produce trained human resources in just two weeks? or months? Good for you.

well its been more than weeks hasnt it :), and if they REALLY wanna do it, why didnt they bring them down from japan (human resources)?

look dude, i have driven a 2008 pri-ass around my neighborhood of one of my neighbor

its not soooo super handling or anything for me.

Did you ever drive Axio, 121 , Allion? May be that is true for you. It doesn't make sense for three wheel drivers :action-smiley-060:

well its been more than weeks hasnt it :), and if they REALLY wanna do it, why didnt they bring them down from japan (human resources)?

You have lot of things to learn brother. It is not practical for business. If you want more info, call Toyota Lanka and ask why they don't bring Japanese team to maintain hybrids.

Machan, you are again showing your disgusting anti-hybrid behaviors. Trying to attack by person and make him silence, like you guys did for Rover :angry-smiley-024: I don't want to take your character certificate, People know who is stupid and who is wise. I don't want you to listen to me. just get the facts and prove it rather than saying useless blah blah...

We were talking about 2008 prius, it is a mid size econbox. Everyone in here know that. When we compare cars, we'd take cars in same class. Edirishighe already told us, His Prius (2008) is better than his previous Axio. Search on the net, you will find Prius Gen 2 reviews that compare with other same class cars. I don't know how you got Maruti to compare with Prius. Is that what your imagine level? Readers may think what a .......... oh. next time get a better reason to attack me.

Dunno if you noticed, but rover is still around and commenting. You might be mistaking him with Cali, maybe? :rolleyes: Showing a real inability to keep grasp of facts there, genius.

And shutting people up isn't anti-hybrid behaviour. It's anti Stupid behaviour. Specially in relation to you.

Also, sorry, your criteria is better handling than an Axio? That doesn't really take much doing. You want to try saying its handling is good among its class, you need to look at the Mazda3s and FD Civics.

Not to mention you yourself, in the next point (3) goes that the Insight is better for those who race on the roads. Isn't that because the Insight handles better? Aren't you shooting yourself in the foot? Are you too stupid to understand that? I'm gonna guess you are.

Learn this well. Toyota isn't interested in making cars that handle well. Thats not their party trick, thats not their selling point. So stop being a dumbass. You're wrong. Again.

And the reason it takes so long to train them is coz its not rocket science and it can be repaired in any roadside garage, huh? :lol: Shooting yourself in the foot again. Ah well. To paraphrase you "Readers may think what a .......... oh. next time get a better reason sell your cars.

I could know nothing about cars, but it would still be easy to see you're full of crap.

You have lot of things to learn brother. It is not practical for business. If you want more info, call Toyota Lanka and ask why they don't bring Japanese team to maintain hybrids.

You really have to stop trying to present the things you assume as facts. Its all just IN YOUR MIND.

Pericles,

I don't want to answer you all craps.

But for #3, I suggest Honda insight because it has good acceleration than Prius.

Regarding training, lets drop rocket science,can you follow a good computer diploma course within 3 months? I'm not talking about a diplomas at petti kade institute. in reputed institute or uni. so, what else you are talking about advance technology course? do you think it is practical to bring Japanese team here and pay them 6 figure salary for maintain hybrids. specially, trouble free Prii :action-smiley-060:

I'm not talking about the thing in my MIND. this is what i asked when i went to service my car at Toyota Lanka.

dude, dealer backup problem is the only one tool in your hand to fight with Prius. If that isn't a problem for other prius owners, why you take it as a serious matter?

Opener, Happy purchase! See you on the road in a Prius!

Peri,I seriously do not understand why you are wasting your time on this guy.Clearly he is unable to comprehend any of your points and judging by the lame counter arguments along with his broken english language skills,I suspect that its just another wannabe troll trying to act all posh.

• Like 4

why some one want to race on a hybrid in the first place afaik it will ruin fuel mileage and eco friendliness of the hybrid.

and for your question there are lot's of euro's that are faster than the insight and if you still want a fast honda car insight isn't the fastest but honda CRZ is

so it must be like this

if someone want to race on the roads and love hybrids consider honda CRZ it is all so a good looking hybrid. :D

Edited by nexus

Now THAT, is for Damn certain!

Machan, you are again showing your disgusting anti-hybrid behaviors. Trying to attack by person and make him silence, like you guys did for Rover :angry-smiley-024: I don't want to take your character certificate,People know who is stupid and who is wise. I don't want you to listen to me. just get the facts and prove it rather than saying useless blah blah...

Don't worry mate, We won't.

Did you ever drive Axio, 121 , Allion? May be that is true for you. It doesn't make sense for three wheel drivers :action-smiley-060:

yes i have indeed, i find the 121 and the allion better than the pri-ass, atleast you feel and hear like your driving.

well if they really wanted to support hybrids, they could have made so many alternative solutions. :rolleyes::)

guess you need to learn a bit about business tricks too :)

machang don't you think this argument is going a little too far? People here don't actually hate hybrids (except for a couple of dumbasses), they actually hate the hype. It took me some time to realise that too. So It's better to try a different approach.

And that 10000 people can't be wrong thing.... well that is not correct. You see there are 3 catogories of people who bought hybrids.

1) Peolpe who had no idea about hybrid technology but still bought them because of the tax cut, who thought they can save couple of bucks. They are being lucky.

2) People who did reserch and realised that hybrid technology is proven worldwide and they were confident of their choice.

3)People who did'nt have a clue about hybrids but still bought them becuase other people bought it. They are being lucky.

I hope you fit into the 2nd catogory. :)

machang don't you think this argument is going a little too far? People here don't actually hate hybrids (except for a couple of dumbasses), they actually hate the hype. It took me some time to realise that too. So It's better to try a different approach.

And that 10000 people can't be wrong thing.... well that is not correct. You see there are 3 catogories of people who bought hybrids.

1) Peolpe who had no idea about hybrid technology but still bought them because of the tax cut, who thought they can save couple of bucks. They are being lucky.

2) People who did reserch and realised that hybrid technology is proven worldwide and they were confident of their choice.

3)People who did'nt have a clue about hybrids but still bought them becuase other people bought it. They are being lucky.

I hope you fit into the 2nd catogory. :)

To add a small point to your reply; the majority of us here hate not only the hype but also the smug "I am smarter than you" attitude of most of our resident hybrid champions, yourself included.

• Like 5

To add a small point to your reply; the majority of us here hate not only the hype but also the smug "I am smarter than you" attitude of most of our resident hybrid champions, yourself included.

+1

TBH thats the BIGGEST reason why i hate hybrids. coz of the Smug of the Ownsers actually, just priass