• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Different Models Of Toyota 121

raveeJaya

Hello Guys,

As I can see on the road there are several models with different options on Corolla 121.

G grades

X grade

XLI

LX limited

GLI

AS I heard there are some different with Petrol consumption of these models.Specially G and X grade once are doing better on petrol compared to the other models.

I'm planing to buy a 121. I know there are lots of 121 owners here. Please help me to figure out the difference between these models.

I'm basically worrying about petrol consumption and reliability.

Thanks,

Ravee

Hello Guys,

As I can see on the road there are several models with different options on Corolla 121.

G grades

X grade

XLI

LX limited

GLI

AS I heard there are some different with Petrol consumption of these models.Specially G and X grade once are doing better on petrol compared to the other models.

I'm planing to buy a 121. I know there are lots of 121 owners here. Please help me to figure out the difference between these models.

I'm basically worrying about petrol consumption and reliability.

Thanks,

Ravee

To start with the Japanese domestic models, its starts with X,G(1500cc), G-limited and Luxel. Luxel is the highest grade of the corolla series which comes with a chasis (ZZE 122) and has a 1800cc engine with unique auto tranny. G and X does good on fuel for short distance. Xli,Lx limited and Gli( 1600cc) are all export models and they come with lesser options when compared to the JDM models in the 121 series.

From my piont of view, i am using a 122(luxel) in the city with mix traffic with sensible driving i get figures of 11km per litre. Outstation get figures of 15+ km. Quite happy with the fuel figures for a 1.8 litre engine. Btw if you do not wish to drive a 1.8 litre coz of fuel concerns then a G or a G limited grade would be ideal.

• Thanks 1

To start with the Japanese domestic models, its starts with X,G(1500cc), G-limited and Luxel. Luxel is the highest grade of the corolla series which comes with a chasis (ZZE 122) and has a 1800cc engine with unique auto tranny. G and X does good on fuel for short distance. Xli,Lx limited and Gli( 1600cc) are all export models and they come with lesser options when compared to the JDM models in the 121 series.

From my piont of view, i am using a 122(luxel) in the city with mix traffic with sensible driving i get figures of 11km per litre. Outstation get figures of 15+ km. Quite happy with the fuel figures for a 1.8 litre engine. Btw if you do not wish to drive a 1.8 litre coz of fuel concerns then a G or a G limited grade would be ideal.

Thanks for the advice. Yes I'm planing to go for a 1500 cc. Why these export models (Xli,Lx limited and Gli( 1600cc)) are cheaper ?. Is it only due to less options or due to some other reason.DO they good at fuel ?.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice. Yes I'm planing to go for a 1500 cc. Why these export models (Xli,Lx limited and Gli( 1600cc)) are cheaper ?. Is it only due to less options or due to some other reason.DO they good at fuel ?.

The reason export models are cheaper becoz some even dont come with ABS and except for the GLi most of the xli and lx limited do not come with digital aircon buttons and outside temp options in the interior. Some come with power shutters and some dont.Some models are with teak panels and some dont have teak panels. Basically it varies vehicle by vehicle. Most of them do good on fuel. But my advice gor a good JDM model as they are more comfortable than the export ones. If you could come across a G-limited Jdm model then go for it.

• 4 months later...

Go for a G grade or for a Luxel. Luxel is the highest grade and also with a powerful engine (1.8), but with a very good fuel consuption. I have driven a luxel and it is marvellous!!! It is a very confortable and a powerful car...even a brandnew Axio cant challenge with its performances.

So my advice is go for a Luxel or for a G grade Corolla, JDM model.

• 1 month later...