• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

I pumped petrol 2nd saturday. And two days i've travelled about 25Km so far. Didn't noticed any change. Its Kandy Tyre house station, in Kandy.

How can i get some petrol out of my fuel tank in ek3. I can't put a hose inside because there is a filter or some thing that prevent it goes fully inside.

Ok, pumped 95 from laugfs havelock road yesterday afternoon and ran around for a bit with no issues then parked the car.

This morning, once again refused to start... Thankfully after a couple of attempts it somehow started. Sent it off to the workshop to have the tank drained and cleaned. Lets see what happens now.

Hopefully THIS pump is still salvageable.

Looks like 95 octane is not safe either.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Well one of the work colleagues March K11 breathed its last, last night.. sigh.. guess this nonsense is not over yet. His garage in Polgasowita has 10 similar patients since of last night.

I am walking these days as much as I can. at least will clear the muck in my fuel lines and keep my pump healthy... :)

These comments makes me more nervous. After verifying with workers I pumped 40ltrs. My bad I didn't check a sample.

How can I get get sample from the bottom of my fuel tank now. A fried's bike got affected when he collecte all fuel to bottles he noticed some brow colour power deposits in bottom. It is about 1/3 of total volume.

If I can get some petrol from bottom of my tank the it will be fine I guess.

Planing to pump 95OCT full tank tomorrow from Airforce Shed at Slave Island (next to Trans Asia hotel and AF HQ), Do you guys recommend this place? I work close to this shed. Any other safer place to pump near Slave Island?

Ok, pumped 95 from laugfs havelock road yesterday afternoon and ran around for a bit with no issues then parked the car.

This morning, once again refused to start... Thankfully after a couple of attempts it somehow started. Sent it off to the workshop to have the tank drained and cleaned. Lets see what happens now.

This aint good news i only pump petrol from Laughs Havelock road...Please keep us updated on your car and confirm if was shitty 95 octane petrol that screwd it up

Planing to pump 95OCT full tank tomorrow from Airforce Shed at Slave Island (next to Trans Asia hotel and AF HQ), Do you guys recommend this place? I work close to this shed. Any other safer place to pump near Slave Island?

Looking at the comments I think best option is to get couple of litres and check for colour and any doposits/meterials.

Strange.. I pumped a full tank of 95 on Friday from this same place... so far no issues. I guess some fuel pumps can stand a beating ;)

Minister's statement :

There are 2.1 Million Motorcycles, 539000 Three Wheelers and 410000 Motor cars in this country. “The complaints received by Ceypetco are very insignificant compared to the vehicle population and they were mainly from Motorcycles & Three Wheelers,”

so funny!!!

Edited by TharakaWi

Please keep us posted on your car..

I pumped 95 OCT from the same place last evening aswell... I over heard a Prado owner talking to the Petrol Pump guy and he was like the petrol here is good... so i pumped the 95 Oct too... and went on for about 40 Kms no problem... today it started fine but i noitce some debris on the Fuel Filter... Gotta get it checked!

Any experience with 95 OCT at Airforce Shed (AF HQ, Slave Island) please. :(

One of my friends had filled up with 95 from this gas station yesterday. He said he drove the car about 40-50km so far no issues. But he hasn't started the car after parking yesterday night.

Edited by Ek3 Ferio

Stafford confirmed today , They are getting 15 odd cars per day with blocked fuel system and fuel pumps are not effected so far. They do cleaning of injector nozzels , fuel lines and tanks.

Consumer who faced problems with their vehicles due to use of substandard petrol are requested to complaint

5664941,5666328,5665082-

Petrolium Minister

MINIACE

These numbers are just same as this petrol stock :action-smiley-060:

Check this out http://www.lankatruth.com/index.php/news/local-news/9238-no-response-from-the-phone-nos-on-petroleum-complaints

Edited by Mikee

Does anyone know exactly how this causes the pumps to fail?

I am thinking below.

The debris clogs the filter causing the pump to work extra hard and fail. But then most filter can take quite a beating if OEMs used.

Can the Water Hammer Effect cause the pump to destroy itself? (debatable)

Can the difference in viscosity between petrol and the contaminant liquid cause the pump to work differently?

We all know the pumps are failing, yes, accepted, BUT WHY?????

Does anyone know exactly how this causes the pumps to fail?

I am thinking below.

The debris clogs the filter causing the pump to work extra hard and fail. But then most filter can take quite a beating if OEMs used.

Can the Water Hammer Effect cause the pump to destroy itself? (debatable)

Can the difference in viscosity between petrol and the contaminant liquid cause the pump to work differently?

We all know the pumps are failing, yes, accepted, BUT WHY?????

Apparently the contaminant liquid clogs the pump itself. That was what had happened to mine. It had jammed solid.

Some properly researched articles on the issue

http://www.nation.lk/2011/07/03/newsfe6.htm

http://www.nation.lk/2011/07/03/news6.htm

Compensation promised, wonder how many years that will take lol.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Apparently the contaminant liquid clogs the pump itself. That was what had happened to mine. It had jammed solid.

Some properly researched articles on the issue

http://www.nation.lk/2011/07/03/newsfe6.htm

http://www.nation.lk/2011/07/03/news6.htm

Compensation promised, wonder how many years that will take lol.

suppose the politicos will never accept their screwup even when all the evidence is there smack right in their faces.

not too be unpatriotic but this is not acceptable in this day and age.

we have got into a a culture of denial and eventual cover up.

Obviously it's bad petrol...they should bloody well accept that fact and investigate how the hell this happened.

Instead as always...it's ball passing :(

• Like 1