• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

Talk to my friend at the agents. he said at least use a Fuel system cleaner additive so you will be in the safe side. Fuel is contaminated with some glue kinda substance and make fuel pumps hard to operate and will clog Injectors and Fuel pumps. :violent-smiley-099:

If not compensation the authorities should at least disclose the nature of the problem and possible remedies.

Guys any idea whether a fuel additive (e.g. SoltXXn) could improve the fuel (just a wild guess)?

(P.S. I did a full tank and have abt 55 ltr now in tank which is bit near to the cost of the pump, so I need to think of the dumping cost also).

i pumped 2000 from flower road yesterday night........mine is an old car ...will this effect me as well........i have no idea if my pump is complicated like the new ones in modern cars as today....... :unsure:

what a life.....

So should we pump an octane booster till this issue settles down?

If not compensation the authorities should at least disclose the nature of the problem and possible remedies.

Guys any idea whether a fuel additive (e.g. SoltXXn) could improve the fuel (just a wild guess)?

(P.S. I did a full tank and have abt 55 ltr now in tank which is bit near to the cost of the pump, so I need to think of the dumping cost also).

Let me answer this question in 'sudda sinhalen'.

"Diyawadiyawa wadi wunama hembirissawata beheth aran hari yanawada?"

Don't try to do anything without knowing what the problem is. If the problem is caused by insufficient octane count, then adding an octane booster will help. But if that is the reason, there will be engine knocking before the fuel pump in ur car dies.

On the other hand, if there is an added chemical or water in petrol, octane booster will not help.

And Soltron is the last thing u want to add to petrol, even under normal circumstances. Pls search the forum about Soltron.

Seriously we should do something as they're playing with our money and getaway Scott free. Now, that's something which has to be stopped.

Machan the problem is Ceypetco is government owned. So if we sue them for money, virtually we are suing ourselves. They will eventually recover their expenses via taxes and increased fuel prices in the future.

But what I would like to see is the Ceypetco chairman without a job and those who are responsible for this cock-up (or sabotage, if that is the case) behind bars for a long time.

Fuel pump failures can't be caused by lack of octane in the fuel. That will simply result in a misfiring engine. From your guys comments it seems like it is EFI engine which are most affected and those cars have an electronic fuel pump mostly located inside the fuel tank, and this seems to be key. Sounds like either a substance in the fuel is interfering with the lubrication or clogging up the pump. Either way I don't see how octane boosters is going to help. Other additives might not help either and might make the problem worse. Until the issue is identified and resolved best limit the use of your cars and not pump in any more fuel. I understand the severe inconvenience this may cause but I can't think of any other safe alternative.

I wonder if the fuel is contaminated by tar or something like that which is usually cleared out during the refinement process.

A similar issue came up in the UK where some low quality stock of fuel contaminated with sulphur got into the market and caused the oxygen sensors of a lot of cars to fail. But in this scenario, I think the vendors paid for the repairs and motorists had a choice of suppliers so they could switch to somebody else while the issue was resolved. Sounds like we don't have that luxury in SL.

Older carburettor based cars without electronic fuel pumps might be less affected. Could somebody confirm this ?

Edited by The Don

Just came back from Laughs Koswatha all thier 90 octane Pumps have been damaged due to the shit fuel so thats how bad it is..they said 95 octane is not an issue.... They were waiting for the petroleum guys to come and fix the 90 octane pumps

I pumped ~40L from Laughs Koswaththa last Saturday. Donno what to do now.

Talk to my friend at the agents. he said at least use a Fuel system cleaner additive so you will be in the safe side. Fuel is contaminated with some glue kinda substance and make fuel pumps hard to operate and will clog Injectors and Fuel pumps. :violent-smiley-099:

Looks like sludge formation. Maybe due to contamination by another heavy fuel grade (eg HFO), which can happen during transfering from ship to storage terminal or sabotage.

sad to say this about your own country but i think we have got a broken-government-proper. authorities are very confident of throwing lot of shit at the masses and getting away with that. i am sure that the powers that be don't give a damn shit about the whole fiasco.

• Like 1

petrol station's in kandy are to affected by this situation? anyways today i saw two cars in garage because of something wrong with fuel pump in monday i pump half a tank of petrol at IOC petrol station and run almost 50km now. my question is my car is affected by this situation as well.?

btw there's a shortage of petrol supply in petrol station in monday as well.

Edited by nexus

petrol station's in kandy are to affected by this situation? anyways today i saw two cars in garage because of something wrong with fuel pump in monday i pump half a tank of petrol at IOC petrol station and run almost 50km now. my question is my car is affected by this situation as well.?

btw there's a shortage of petrol supply in petrol station in monday as well.

If you have run 50klm then you shouldnt have any issues... Cars got affected as soon as they pumped the fuel