• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need To Buy A Suv For Less That 2.1M

TharakaWi

The best is the Toyota Rav 4. Older Korean products are cr*p. X trail is good, maybe out of that price range.

You are full of s$#&. Look around, there are many, many old santafes, tucsons, elantras still running strong.

Edited by jdnet

i sold my RAV4 2000 model for 2.1M HC numbers 300-302 should be lesser , it was a good vehicle less maintenance cost.

don't buy the Santafe it is a nightmare, you will be able to get even a 2003 model for 1.8 still you will not get much time to drive it more time in garages. my friend had the same he had all sort of issues and spares were pretty costly

I saw in some other automobile forum that the santafe should be driven in a glass surface ,otherwise it's may have some sort of a problem..I don't have any personal experience on santafes.but I know personally RAV-4 is the best regarding maintenance cost in the same category.

Edited by AbeysinghE

Thanks a lot for all ur inputs.

I got some additional limitations... Since my mom may actually end-up using this we need this to be auto gear. Also it cannot be big like Santafe or Tucson. So the only options I am left with are auto gear Rav4 (96/97) or Vitara/Proceed.

I did a search on Rav4 in the forum. But didn't find any notable issues with auto gear ones. Info on 98/99 Vitara is a little limited too. Are there any known issues with these auto boxes?

we have a Automatic diesel 1998 grand vitara. Its done about 170k and is used on a regular basis. Drives quite nice especially when the turbo kicks in. I dont know about the petrol engine though. I'm not sure if the diesel and petrol share the same gear box, and I would presume they dont since they have to handle different torque/rpm numbers. But ours DID give some G'Box trouble repair was fairly straight forward though it cost about 30-35k I think.

The rest of the vehicle is quite nice I'd say :)

we have a Automatic diesel 1998 grand vitara. Its done about 170k and is used on a regular basis. Drives quite nice especially when the turbo kicks in. I dont know about the petrol engine though. I'm not sure if the diesel and petrol share the same gear box, and I would presume they dont since they have to handle different torque/rpm numbers. But ours DID give some G'Box trouble repair was fairly straight forward though it cost about 30-35k I think.

The rest of the vehicle is quite nice I'd say :)

Thanks for all the help. I guess most of these 98 odd vehicles have the first gen of auto gear boxes, and they may have few bugs.