• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Information Regarding Hyundai Elantra

Ranga1977

Guys,

I searched for forum regarding "Hyundai Elantra" didn't came across any. So decided to start this new thread. Can i know is this car(2000-2003 model) worth buying for 120K-130K? How's second hand market for this? Is this good on fuel? Any mechanical and maintaince issues? When compare with Accent facelift model(2003-) which is worth buying in sri lankan market?

Hope you guys can help me regarding this.

Thanks

Ranga

Didn't come across any what? I didn't go reading to see if there was anything of any use, but searching "Hyundai Elantra" returned 33 threads for me!

Tho it isn't much recommended so not much talked about.

Oops. Maybe i didn't wrote the wording right. Thanks peri.

Guys,

I searched for forum regarding "Hyundai Elantra" didn't came across any. So decided to start this new thread. Can i know is this car(2000-2003 model) worth buying for 120K-130K? How's second hand market for this? Is this good on fuel? Any mechanical and maintaince issues? When compare with Accent facelift model(2003-) which is worth buying in sri lankan market?

Thanks

Ranga

I agree with you. There are not lot of threads regarding Elantra.

So for your questions -

worth buying for 120K-130K? - Worth for a well maintained car. You probably find a good one between 1.1mil - 1.2mil

How's second hand market for this? - This is sri lanka. You cannot expect a profit by reselling your car if it is not a jap. Anyway you can sell the car (if you maintained it well) to a price very closer than you bought.

Is this good on fuel? - No. Not like Japanese cars. I get 8 - 9 kmpl in colombo with very careful driving. If you try to drive like in movies (which you can do with this car) you can burn 6 -7 kmpl.

Any mechanical and maintaince issues? - I guess no. Be sure to buy a one that has previous maintenance records. For routing repairs and maintenance, parts are available. But for body parts, it is very difficult find. (avoid accidents and you will be fine :D)

When compare with Accent facelift model(2003-) which is worth buying in sri lankan market? In sri lankan market, go for accent. But if you want style and class go for elantra. you will have more comfort and class than a 1.8mil japanese car.

I agree with you. There are not lot of threads regarding Elantra.

So for your questions -

worth buying for 120K-130K? - Worth for a well maintained car. You probably find a good one between 1.1mil - 1.2mil

How's second hand market for this? - This is sri lanka. You cannot expect a profit by reselling your car if it is not a jap. Anyway you can sell the car (if you maintained it well) to a price very closer than you bought.

Is this good on fuel? - No. Not like Japanese cars. I get 8 - 9 kmpl in colombo with very careful driving. If you try to drive like in movies (which you can do with this car) you can burn 6 -7 kmpl.

Any mechanical and maintaince issues? - I guess no. Be sure to buy a one that has previous maintenance records. For routing repairs and maintenance, parts are available. But for body parts, it is very difficult find. (avoid accidents and you will be fine :D)

When compare with Accent facelift model(2003-) which is worth buying in sri lankan market? In sri lankan market, go for accent. But if you want style and class go for elantra. you will have more comfort and class than a 1.8mil japanese car.

Thanks mate. This is very valuable info for me.

Guys,

Thanks

Ranga

Ranga, the Accent was the bottom most model in the Hyundai line up. It was cheaply made for the budget market and it shows. Most car's would be a little noisy after running on our roads for a while and the use of cheap quality plastic is obvious and intentional. The Elantra on the other hand is made for a different segment of the market so better put together, more comfortable and in my humble opinion better to look at.

But I can't possibly comment on market demand, maintenance costs etc. If I was you I would go for the Elantra over the Accent. Test drive both and decide !

Ranga, the Accent was the bottom most model in the Hyundai line up. It was cheaply made for the budget market and it shows. Most car's would be a little noisy after running on our roads for a while and the use of cheap quality plastic is obvious and intentional. The Elantra on the other hand is made for a different segment of the market so better put together, more comfortable and in my humble opinion better to look at.

But I can't possibly comment on market demand, maintenance costs etc. If I was you I would go for the Elantra over the Accent. Test drive both and decide !

agree with you. Accent is in the bottom. But in Sri Lanka accent can be sold to a higher price than elantra. :D.

• 8 years later...