• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz 1000Cc Fuel Consumption

shifa

Hi :unsure:

I recently Purchase Vitz 1000cc..its doing only 7-8 km only.

normaly vitz do 12km/l..pls advice me to solve this issue.

should i do engine tuneup ??? what is best place tuneup the engine...

Edited by shifa

Yes tune up first if no significant improvement change the driving style.

MINIACE

i have a vitz 1.0 F grade with the 14'' wheels. I recently covered a return trip to galle 230 k.m and a Colombo run of 170 k.m and pumped just 24 litres full tank. The above mileage was done with A/C . From my experience the driving style matters the most in getting a good fuel economy. Stop hard accelerations and unnecessary braking. It works wonders. The U grade with the 15 wheels might do a little less. I hope you got your car serviced as soon as you got it.

• Like 2

your figures can be correct since your one is 1000 cc.When you travel with few people on 1000 cc can be worst than 1300 cc as far as fuel consumption is concerned. I think 1300 cc does 15 km/l in long run as one of my friends using it i know it.I think if you care more about fuel you better go for a Passo, It's cheaper same inside space as VITZ and more fuel economy. :rolleyes: I don't think an engine tuneup will help you on this.I think you should try to change your driving style a bit and ride it without paddling hard.

Edited by AbeysinghE

I recently covered a return trip to galle 230 k.m and a Colombo run of 170 k.m and pumped just 24 litres full tank.

A full tank in a vitz is 42 litres, not 24. If you did a mostly outstation trip covering 400km with 42 litres that is 9.5km/l, so the OP experiencing 7-8 km/l in Colombo is about right.

A full tank in a vitz is 42 litres, not 24. If you did a mostly outstation trip covering 400km with 42 litres that is 9.5km/l, so the OP experiencing 7-8 km/l in Colombo is about right.

Bro before you jump into making comments in threads I suggest you use your head. I said I ran 400 k.m and filled it up till it was FULL TANK. In which point in my post did I say that I ran my tank bone dry????????????????? There were 3 bars left when I filled it. Is that simple enough for you? Also if I had to pump 42 liters my friend I'd have to push the car to the station.

• Like 2

I've wanted to know the best possible fuel consumption, so I drove the car very consciously. I manage to get 18.56km/l from a return trip to Aluthgama from Nugegoda on a Sunday.

Its a 2007 model 1000cc Vitz. The CVT gbox is very sensitive to your driving style,cos when others drove we got only 12-13km/l average.

Edited by Rachitha

Bro before you jump into making comments in threads I suggest you use your head. I said I ran 400 k.m and filled it up till it was FULL TANK. In which point in my post did I say that I ran my tank bone dry????????????????? There were 3 bars left when I filled it. Is that simple enough for you? Also if I had to pump 42 liters my friend I'd have to push the car to the station.

Here's simple for you, learn some maths. Filling 24 litres to make a full tank still means you had 42 litres in your tank. And your three bars? You didn't mention that before, you said you used a full tank to travel 400Km.

No one needs your kind of high-handed, arrogant commentaries. "Use your head", puhlease.

Shintaro out.

clearly you don't understand the meaning of maths or the English language. I'm pretty sure everyone else understood perfectly what i said. So stop being slow and get with the program. This is autoLanka. A forum for intellectuals. So the smartest comment you made was at the end when you put your name and said OUT. Now do us all a favour and stay out.

i have a vitz 1.0 F grade with the 14'' wheels. I recently covered a return trip to galle 230 k.m and a Colombo run of 170 k.m and pumped just 24 litres full tank. The above mileage was done with A/C . From my experience the driving style matters the most in getting a good fuel economy. Stop hard accelerations and unnecessary braking. It works wonders. The U grade with the 15 wheels might do a little less. I hope you got your car serviced as soon as you got it.

Thanks For the information.

I dont hard accelerations and unnecessary braking while driving..slow driving only.

which is the best place to service and Tuneup the engine...T*yota Lanka or Pitstop

is it necessary fuel system cleaning..my car has driven only 30K.

I dont hard accelerations and unnecessary braking while driving..slow driving only.

which is the best place to service and Tuneup the engine...T*yota Lanka or Pitstop

Well, try driving a little faster :) If you drive on a lower gear ratio all the time, you don't get good figures. Don't accelerate hard, but get it upto 50 and keep it there (Speed limits)

If you didn't get your car serviced as soon as you bought it, get your vehicle checked at a service station. Dirty air cleaners and bad engine oil (specially if there's sludge build up) affects the fuel consumption. get the oil and fuel filters changed as well.

The vitz has 10 or 8 bars if 3 bars were left there will only be about 30% left in the tank + the volume till the filler cap.

So the fuel used was 42*70%l = 29.4l

So the fuel economy is = 13.6 km/l

So do u'r calculations correctly rather than trying to say the useless car that u bought does more to the liter tough it vibrates more than a diesel.

Ok if this is the amount u payed for please tell me the petrol shed u go to i'll be filling up there after now.

And also ask u'r wife if she had filled or pumped Rs1000.00 between the trips :violent-smiley-030:

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi 

Recently i ve buyed vitz 2014 model.

And i m sick of its fuel consumption.

It was showing 10 km/L

I visited 4 machanics and all of them said thr is nothing to work required in it.

But still last machenic  changed the plugs.

And average  was showing 15.5  +

On that day. And i was very happy.

But on the second day the average showing gone to 9 km / L.

I dont know what to do !!

18 minutes ago, Saqib said:

Hi 

Recently i ve buyed vitz 2014 model.

And i m sick of its fuel consumption.

It was showing 10 km/L

I visited 4 machanics and all of them said thr is nothing to work required in it.

But still last machenic  changed the plugs.

And average  was showing 15.5  +

On that day. And i was very happy.

But on the second day the average showing gone to 9 km / L.

I dont know what to do !!

The TRUE fuel consumption of a Vitz 1000 cc is around 9kmpl. 1300 CC would do a bit better owing to better power to weight ratio. So you are getting the right fuel figures.

Stop wasting your time trying to improve it. 

Most of our people are blatant liars when it comes to talking about fuel consumption. Ill give you a nice example. In this same forum, one guy said his 2018 1000CC Civic did 3km/litre during the initial running period and it does about 6km/litre after that. This is probably the true figure because of the turbo engine and higher weight of the car. However, another guy claimed his 2018 1000CC Civic does 15km/litre. That's how big our liars are. 

• 5 years later...

I have Vitz 2012 Model since 2016 and recently changed engine and gear. In full tank of 42 litres recently I have driven 560 KM and still has fuel to drive at least 50 -60 KM. It depends the way you drive. On long journey highways if you drive constantly less than 100 or 100 you get get mileage above 15 KM per litre