• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hiace Super Gl Lh113

rexie

Hello!

My dad owns a 1996 Hiace Super GL diesel, I borrowed it for a month and i noticed it did only around 5km/l in Colombo with the a/c on in front. I am wondering if it is normal for a vehicle that old to average 5km/l. I did about 3000kms in a month and it pretty much got the same average every time i filled up. Btw i have got a heavy foot while driving. Would appreciate your advice.

Thank You!

what's the engine in it and what's the mileage in it? hope it has got an auto transmission since it's Super GL. average would be 7-8 KMPL for the 2.8 engine. first do a regular service and see, filters might be bad. if that doesn't help, then get your injectors cleaned or replace if they are not in order.

Hello!

My dad owns a 1996 Hiace Super GL diesel, I borrowed it for a month and i noticed it did only around 5km/l in Colombo with the a/c on in front. I am wondering if it is normal for a vehicle that old to average 5km/l. I did about 3000kms in a month and it pretty much got the same average every time i filled up. Btw i have got a heavy foot while driving. Would appreciate your advice.

Thank You!

Hey Man,

I can relate to that, I too have a heavy foot and tend to loose out on the economy side of things a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But still I dont think it can bring it down to 5KMPL, being a 96 model im presuming your van has a 3L engine with a auto box, that really doesnt pull well, so youve gotta step on it to make her go.......

Just get the Injector pump and injectors serviced machang, that could do the engine a world of good, also if its an auto box, do the oil change on time, and try to do it manually without hooking it up to the machine, taking out the mesh and giving the sump a good clean up too could do you good.

Im telling you out of experience the 96 should do around 10KMPL , cz my family used a 2000 model with the 5L engine and with dual AC we used to rake in abt 9KMPL on avg.

Tc bro

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

A manual LH100 series with a 2L 2.5cc in good condition should deliver an average just above 10km/l. Auto box average between 8-9 Km/l.

Guess you need to attend Air & injector system and adjust the driving style for better results.

MINIACE

Im telling you out of experience the 96 should do around 10KMPL , cz my family used a 2000 model with the 5L engine and with dual AC we used to rake in abt 9KMPL on avg.

Tc bro

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

FIVE liter engine??? I thought the biggest was 3.0

what's the engine in it and what's the mileage in it? hope it has got an auto transmission since it's Super GL. average would be 7-8 KMPL for the 2.8 engine. first do a regular service and see, filters might be bad. if that doesn't help, then get your injectors cleaned or replace if they are not in order.

Its a 2.8L and it has clocked arnd 180kms. Im not sure hw far dats true as it has only arnd 75kms in 2002.

I did get it serviced and did a ATF change done manually, stil i did not see much of a change.

Hey Man,

I can relate to that, I too have a heavy foot and tend to loose out on the economy side of things a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But still I dont think it can bring it down to 5KMPL, being a 96 model im presuming your van has a 3L engine with a auto box, that really doesnt pull well, so youve gotta step on it to make her go.......

Just get the Injector pump and injectors serviced machang, that could do the engine a world of good, also if its an auto box, do the oil change on time, and try to do it manually without hooking it up to the machine, taking out the mesh and giving the sump a good clean up too could do you good.

Tc bro

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Will have a look at the injectors, as we did get da transmission oil changed manually as u said.

A friend of my mine said to look into the diesel pump, do you have any idea about that? And is there anything we will have to look in the engine?

Its a 2.8L and it has clocked arnd 180kms. Im not sure hw far dats true as it has only arnd 75kms in 2002.

I did get it serviced and did a ATF change done manually, stil i did not see much of a change.

then get your injectors and diesel pump serviced, that should solve this.