• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Ae100 Dashboard Ac Vents

Ranga1977

Hi All,

Need some info from you guys, Any of you know where i can buy Dashboard AC Vents(All 4) for my ae100 without buying whole dash board? Few years back i replace whole dash board which cost me around 14k. So hoping there's a chance only to replace vents without replacing whole dashboard for much lesser cost. Hope it's possible to replace only vents?

Thanks

Ranga

Hi All,

Need some info from you guys, Any of you know where i can buy Dashboard AC Vents(All 4) for my ae100 without buying whole dash board? Few years back i replace whole dash board which cost me around 14k. So hoping there's a chance only to replace vents without replacing whole dashboard for much lesser cost. Hope it's possible to replace only vents?

Thanks

Ranga

im sure the vents mst be broken! yes you can replace them but most spare part joints do not like removing them from the dash but some of them do. i had the same issue and got all 4 of them replaced from kandy. Chaxxon motors. cost me only 1500 buks 3 years ago. :)

If u dont mind me asking why do u want to replace them? those (AC vents dashboard etc) arent exactly things you replace every few years normally...

Might be replacing bcos they were broken mate. Similar thing happen to me also

Edited by lasa

im sure the vents mst be broken! yes you can replace them but most spare part joints do not like removing them from the dash but some of them do. i had the same issue and got all 4 of them replaced from kandy. Chaxxon motors. cost me only 1500 buks 3 years ago. :)

Is there any place in colombo area? Hope it's not hard to remove and re-fix? By the way do i have to remove and take old ones to buy new ones?

Is there any place in colombo area? Hope it's not hard to remove and re-fix? By the way do i have to remove and take old ones to buy new ones?

Depend on model mate

Edited by lasa

removing and fixing is simply DIY job mate. better take a sample. this is compatible with the corolla ae100 and any wagon model with the ae100 face. not a rare thingy to find.

I have some contact details of a dealer of Taiwan made parts, which I got at an Auto Exhibition. I have not brought any item from them. So unable to compare the prices. But you may check the prices and availability.

No 195, Panchikawatta Road, Col 10 [Opposite HNB] (as Indicated on the business card)

you can check around delkanda area..plenty of shops

Ya, if delkanda joints doesnt have them, try on ebay. I found ac vents for my hilux there when i couldnt find anywhere in delkanda. it was about 2000 a pair with the postage [thailand made].

I have some contact details of a dealer of Taiwan made parts, which I got at an Auto Exhibition. I have not brought any item from them. So unable to compare the prices. But you may check the prices and availability.

No 195, Panchikawatta Road, Col 10 [Opposite HNB] (as Indicated on the business card)

Thanks mate.

• 4 weeks later...

removing and fixing is simply DIY job mate. better take a sample. this is compatible with the corolla ae100 and any wagon model with the ae100 face. not a rare thingy to find.

Do i have to remove dashboard to remove old vents and fix new ones? Also is it possible to only remove and fix vent's window part or do i have to buy pats vent windows are fixed?

Try the road side 'petti kade's in the Panchikawatte area. I know because I bought one for my AE100.

Also I got to know later that there is a guy running a petti kade in front of the Puhulyaya grocery @ Navinna, who is claiming he can rebuild the vents. (I guess it's a pretty much DIY job if you have the right scrap and some patience).

First post btw.. :)

• Like 1

Try the road side 'petti kade's in the Panchikawatte area. I know because I bought one for my AE100.

Also I got to know later that there is a guy running a petti kade in front of the Puhulyaya grocery @ Navinna, who is claiming he can rebuild the vents. (I guess it's a pretty much DIY job if you have the right scrap and some patience).

Good first post :)

Edited by lasa

Thx mate. Glad your first post is for me :)

Did you replace only vent's window part or whole vent section(Refer below photo)? I also seens these parts in panchikawatta and thought it's not possible to change vents window section only. By the way how much did it cost you? One of mechanic said to remove ac vents we have to remove dashboard also. Is it?

e06eebabf4.jpg

Edited by Ranga1977

Did you replace only vent's window part or whole vent section(Refer below photo)? I also seens these parts in panchikawatta and thought it's not possible to change vents window section only. By the way how much did it cost you? One of mechanic said to remove ac vents we have to remove dashboard also. Is it?

e06eebabf4.jpg

post-48256-025037800 1310317423_thumb.jp

Edited by Ranga1977

e06eebabf4.jpg

50335135.jpg

post-48256-025037800 1310317423_thumb.jp

e06eebabf4.jpg

:) glad to share the scrap of experience.

I replaced only the 'window'. Although it was replaced by a mechanic (among other work that was done) without my being present, from the look of the thingy it looked like it should be possible to just push it into place.

e06eebabf4.jpg

what a mechanic he is :D you dont need to remove the dash board. its a simple diy job which takes less than one minute to remove the vent. but be careful not to damage the vent.