• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Swift Or Ist?

julo

1.3Ltr automatic (Jap version) did abt 8-9 KM/Ltr colombo traffic with lots of starts and stops. Colombo-kandy did abt 10-12 KMPL. Once again its a fab drive and very good handling

I have Suzuki Swift 2006 model beetle. Its a nice car. Can be highly recommend.Very economical too. Doing 12-13 outstation. To me its far better than IST.

Really? Those figures seem pretty low for a hatchback. It should do at least 10-12 in the city itself. I mean, I can somewhat match your figures with my 2.0l.

Really? Those figures seem pretty low for a hatchback. It should do at least 10-12 in the city itself. I mean, I can somewhat match your figures with my 2.0l.

well the figures I metioned were factual. I used a EK3 and ZC11 at the same time and my EK3 was better in fuel than the ZC11. Strange but true. I used low profie 205's don't know if that made an impact on the fuel!! :unsure:

I dont know but I checked with many other Swift beetle owners they also get almost the same figures. You are luckey if you can those figures you have mentioned with 2.0. By the way what model you have bro?

go for the swift sport, its more economical and its faster.. the only draw back is a slightly bumpier ride but who cares, you get more performance as well as fuel economy... thats a match made in heaven :D

I drove a Swift Sports a while back. Personally i wouldn't buy one for everyday use. The suspension is pretty stiff so the ride can be uncomfortable on Srilankan roads. Other than that it was a great car; decent power, great looks, good fuel economy and the leg room wasnt that bad either.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2007 (Dec) Swift ZC71S which is going around 2.8 Mn. unregistered.

Have all the goodies like climate control, audio controls in the steering, keyless operation.

It got new K series engine K12B which is dual VVTI with 92 BHP (Good power for a 1.242L) This is the engine you get in 2011 new generation.

It has better power to weight than the IST 2004 and has very nimble hadling and is a joy to drive.

Keep the CVT in sport mode and the engine can be revved up to 6000 redline if you want bit of fun.

Keep it in D you are just using only 2000 at 80 kmph very relaxing and economical in long distance.

I get 9-10 in colombo (morning - evening Parliment road),14-16 out station driving without any consideration to saving fuel, so i guess it could be better with bit of light right foot.

Only down side i can think of is rear space and boot space if it is a consideration.

Besides it is always better to go for a 3 year old unregisterd rather than a 8 year old.

I also have Suzuki Swift ZC71S 2008 car. I got it end of last year. It came with lot of options(Color-Black, Adjustable coil over Shocks-Tanabe,17"alloy wheels, Low profile tires, GT beat silencer, Front sport grill, Multi function steering, Aero kit, side mirror signal light indicator, Illuminated door sill).This vehicle I personally import from Japan.

It is very nice sport car. It does 10km in city and 14km outstation. So far no any issues. Some time end of this year I am going to sell this one and get a Honda Insight 2010.

Have all the goodies like climate control, audio controls in the steering, keyless operation.

It got new K series engine K12B which is dual VVTI with 92 BHP (Good power for a 1.242L) This is the engine you get in 2011 new generation.

It has better power to weight than the IST 2004 and has very nimble hadling and is a joy to drive.

Keep the CVT in sport mode and the engine can be revved up to 6000 redline if you want bit of fun.

Keep it in D you are just using only 2000 at 80 kmph very relaxing and economical in long distance.

I get 9-10 in colombo (morning - evening Parliment road),14-16 out station driving without any consideration to saving fuel, so i guess it could be better with bit of light right foot.

Only down side i can think of is rear space and boot space if it is a consideration.

Besides it is always better to go for a 3 year old unregisterd rather than a 8 year old.

i have 2007 swift.. agree with mostof u.. it is very fun to drive extreme handling... fuel is not bad at all. my indicator shows me a average of 12.8 at the moment.

I really wanted to know whats the S and D positions refer.. i only use it with D position, a i didnt know what S is means

Is there any notisable difference in these two positions in terms of speed and fuel?

i have 2007 swift.. agree with mostof u.. it is very fun to drive extreme handling... fuel is not bad at all. my indicator shows me a average of 12.8 at the moment.

I really wanted to know whats the S and D positions refer.. i only use it with D position, a i didnt know what S is means

Is there any notisable difference in these two positions in terms of speed and fuel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_transmission#Automatic_transmission_modes

• Like 1