• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Swift Or Ist?

julo

Hi guys,

I am considering two options and need you guyz help to come up with a selection

Two options are

1. Toyota IST 2003 or 2004 - 1300cc

2. Suzuki Swift 2008 Japan - 1300cc

I dont care about the after sale values, parts or any, my only concerns are driving pleasure(Acceleration, Handling) and comfort(leg space for front seats, long driving comfort)

Guyz who have experience on both models please comment...........

Thanks

Swift 2008 beetle is far better.. Its a pretty nice drive. However if you can get the Swift Sports version, that would be very nice :) They are little rocket ships. I have seen few around and driven one once. I think they are 1.6L though...

no idea on the IST but have driven the Swift, which is excellent u feel at home in the car and can chuck it into corners with confidence... the one i drove didn't hv that much of a ground clearance as the Indian model. so i believe this might vary.

went on a drive to Kandy.... nothing bad to report and this was an auto, no loss in power etc... no back ache or sorta stuff with long drives on uncomfortable seats. if u can just get a short drive. ultimately it would be you who should be comfortable with the ride :D

no idea on the IST but have driven the Swift, which is excellent u feel at home in the car and can chuck it into corners with confidence... the one i drove didn't hv that much of a ground clearance as the Indian model. so i believe this might vary.

went on a drive to Kandy.... nothing bad to report and this was an auto, no loss in power etc... no back ache or sorta stuff with long drives on uncomfortable seats. if u can just get a short drive. ultimately it would be you who should be comfortable with the ride :D

thanks guys, appreciate your comments.

Think swift is gonna be a good option. anyway im planning on making a decision today.

Yeah 1.6 would be gift.. can imagine of the power. i was thinking on buying a IST 1.5cc, but couldn't locate a one, but then got a good offer for a 1.3cc swift.. should look for a 1.6L swift as well. saw a one on autolanka. but the phone number provided seems not working.. little hurry witha ride. so thinking of making a decision today..

I owned a ZC11 1.3Ltr (Jap). Very good car/ Drive and handling was fantastic. Would recomed the 1.6ltr for better power and fuel economy. T also was looking at IST but for some reason every IST I started the engine made a loud sound and high rev b4 it settled. Any way good luck

I owned a ZC11 1.3Ltr (Jap). Very good car/ Drive and handling was fantastic. Would recomed the 1.6ltr for better power and fuel economy. T also was looking at IST but for some reason every IST I started the engine made a loud sound and high rev b4 it settled. Any way good luck

hows the fuel consumption on 1.3L?

Hi guys,

I am considering two options and need you guyz help to come up with a selection

Two options are

1. Toyota IST 2003 or 2004 - 1300cc

2. Suzuki Swift 2008 Japan - 1300cc

May I ask why you want to settle for a hatchback? Since you're looking for comfort and power?

May I ask why you want to settle for a hatchback? Since you're looking for comfort and power?

1. budget - other powerful cars are expensive. hatch with a 1.3 or 1.5 is powerful compared to other with same engine capacity

2. traffic - its very easy to drive in traffic. as u can go from here and there rather than following the line

3. parking - very easy to park. in colombo city limits

Go for the Swift sport,it's fast(trust me ,I'm telling from my experience from drags :D) ,it's far better than the IST (IMHO though) ;)

Regarding the ride comfortness,it sticks to the road & handles pretty well too,I think you'll be happy with it :)

Edited by Crazy Life

Go for the Swift sport,it's fast(trust me ,I'm telling from my experience from drags :D) ,it's far better than the IST (IMHO though) ;)

if i had a option on 1.5l swift over 1.3 IST.. yes i would go for Swift.

But the option im having is 1.3 swift.. do u reckon thats better than IST?

1. budget - other powerful cars are expensive. hatch with a 1.3 or 1.5 is powerful compared to other with same engine capacity

2. traffic - its very easy to drive in traffic. as u can go from here and there rather than following the line

3. parking - very easy to park. in colombo city limits

I'm assuming your budget must be about 2.6 - 2.8 mil? If so, you can get a sedan for that amount.

The Swift is roomy, but front passenger leg space was slightly cramped for me. And I'm sure the 1.6l is quick, but I drove a 1.3l CVT version, and it just didn't seem all that quick to me.

Other than that, it's a great car. Highly recommendable.

I'm assuming your budget must be about 2.6 - 2.8 mil? If so, you can get a sedan for that amount.

The Swift is roomy, but front passenger leg space was slightly cramped for me. And I'm sure the 1.6l is quick, but I drove a 1.3l CVT version, and it just didn't seem all that quick to me.

Other than that, it's a great car. Highly recommendable.

thanks mate

Don't do this. Follow the damn lines. Its morons who try to go from here and there that make the whole traffic issue even worse.

go for the swift sport, its more economical and its faster.. the only draw back is a slightly bumpier ride but who cares, you get more performance as well as fuel economy... thats a match made in heaven :D

hows the fuel consumption on 1.3L?

1.3Ltr automatic (Jap version) did abt 8-9 KM/Ltr colombo traffic with lots of starts and stops. Colombo-kandy did abt 10-12 KMPL. Once again its a fab drive and very good handling

I have Suzuki Swift 2006 model beetle. Its a nice car. Can be highly recommend.Very economical too. Doing 12-13 outstation. To me its far better than IST.

Agreed 100%

bought my swift yesterday and drove it more than 100km now.nice ride.. performance wise far more better than IST and Vitz.. handling is exceptional.. luv the car