• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruthi Gypsy

tombo

Plan to purchase Maruthi Gypsi Brand New , Any Body have any Experiance on that Vehicle

this is the jeep used by the forces ....right........i used to see it at the vauxhall street branch brandnew for sale when A*W had there sales outlet there......you get the hard top as well as fabric version.....it has got AC as well..

Plan to purchase Maruthi Gypsi Brand New , Any Body have any Experiance on that Vehicle

Not a very common vehicle. May we ask why did you chose this particular vehicle ? Just trying to understand your requirements.

It is based on a Suzuki Jimny design from the mid 80s and haven't changed much apart from the engine. The current Jimny is quite a good vehicle and rather reasonably priced, so the Gypsy would need to offer serious value for money to beat that.

As some posts from forum members will tell you, just because something is brand new doesn't mean it's going to be better than something second hand and this is especially true in the Maruti context.

Would this - http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=50541 be considered good value? Jimny is an intriguing choice for a small 4WD city runabout able to go off-road on weekends. But thought it was overpriced.

I think that is a bit over priced. I've seen ones go for a lot lower than that. Since I don't live in SL for most of the year, can't really comment on price but if you look hard enough you can get one of these for fairly good money. I think the price should be more like 1.3-1.6 million (just a guess).

Brand new Maruti Gypsy is no longer imported by the agent. So you have to find a used one or get one down yourself.

I drove a friend's Gypsy few years ago. Its a pile of metal badly put together and like any Maruti vehicle, it starts shaking after a couple of years.

Pros: Virtually any guy can repair the damn thing (excluding the engine) cos it's a very simple vehicle, decent on fuel

Cons: Starts vibrating after some time, clutch engagement point is very high by design, have to really slow down on bends cos its unstable on the road (common to Jimny too), very prone to corrosion, differential is known to give problems

I personally like the looks of the thing but it's not a vehicle I would recommend, considering other options in the market.

OMG...No way! :violent-smiley-099:

Go and buy 30years old Mitsubishi but not even BNew Gypsy. I had 1996 model used vehicle bought in 2001. Though it was in good shape, no comfort at all! My wife used to say " its made for Police to load robbers cause "meke giyaama hakka paninawane" :lol:

It's under powered metal box which may good for Indians and Cops but, not for someone who's looking 4x4 experience.

I think that is a bit over priced. I've seen ones go for a lot lower than that. Since I don't live in SL for most of the year, can't really comment on price but if you look hard enough you can get one of these for fairly good money. I think the price should be more like 1.3-1.6 million (just a guess).

Thanks Don, will look around. It'd be good value at 1.3 mil for sure.