• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Phone Not Charging

rameez

Question

hi all,

today i went to sun lanka and purchased a multi phone charger which has all the suitable adaptors for popular phones, however when i put it into the cigarette adapter there is a message coming that it is not charging.........any reason why this happens.however the adaptor light is blinking and the cigarette adapter is also ok. the guy even tried another one and the result was the same...

My phone is a nokia and i can freely charge it from mains current.

anyone who has come across this ........... :angry:

13 answers to this question

hi all,

today i went to sun lanka and purchased a multi phone charger which has all the suitable adaptors for popular phones, however when i put it into the cigarette adapter there is a message coming that it is not charging.........any reason why this happens.however the adaptor light is blinking and the cigarette adapter is also ok. the guy even tried another one and the result was the same...

Is the output voltage insufficient?

the cig lighter works fine so i assume the voltage is ok.........

No, the output voltage from the charger. Either the output jack is messed up, or the output voltage from the charger is insufficient.

I think it's better you check the unit with the sun lanka. You may have warranty for the unit. If the charger is faulty you will be able to get a replacement or at least repair.

No, the output voltage from the charger. Either the output jack is messed up, or the output voltage from the charger is insufficient.

he got another charger brand new and the same message came....so i dont think both were faulty

I think it's better you check the unit with the sun lanka. You may have warranty for the unit. If the charger is faulty you will be able to get a replacement or at least repair.

i got my money back....that is not an issue since they could no demonstrate it right there they had to refund the money.... :rolleyes:

hi all,

May be a polarity issue.

what can be done.......i am baffled. never heard of poltary issues .. :(

my friends tell me that if the original phone is fixed to a duplicate charger this could happen since there is an IC detector that stops it from charging.