• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Vehicle To Buy In Dubai

hakjay

Hi Guys, I hope to move to Dubai very soon. Thinking of buying a used car/4x4. Any members in Dubai who can recomed the ideal vehicle I should get. Keep in mind I have 3 young kids and also expecting visitors from SL.Thought of a Pajero/Montero 2009 3.8Ltr but would like to have your openion also :)

Go all the way mate, gas is cheap, get a Suburban, Denali, Ram or a Ford Expedition... :)

You can carry your whole family, your neighbours family and their friends also... :)

When I worked for a short while in Saudi, I got myself a T-Bird and a TransAm... :) Sold them at a loss, but hey, it was fun while it lasted!

Bigger the better!

Ok, my T-Bird had a few issues. But I managed to get them done at home. Parts should be dime a dozen in Dubai. Don't take the Sri Lankan mentality there mate. Go with an open mind and see. Ask around. Find out from those have lived there, ask for advise. Forget the Montero/Prado mania here and go... :) No one outside SL gives a toss about those vehicles.

But the choices are amazing.

I almost bought a BMW 850Ci before sanity prevailed... :) and PradFred bought an Alfa 166 and hacked it like a rockstar!

Ok, my T-Bird had a few issues. But I managed to get them done at home. Parts should be dime a dozen in Dubai. Don't take the Sri Lankan mentality there mate. Go with an open mind and see. Ask around. Find out from those have lived there, ask for advise. Forget the Montero/Prado mania here and go... :) No one outside SL gives a toss about those vehicles.

But the choices are amazing.

I almost bought a BMW 850Ci before sanity prevailed... :) and PradFred bought an Alfa 166 and hacked it like a rockstar!

Yes the choices are very good. My budget is around AED80,000.00.

Will look around. My French friend has a 3.5Ltr Pajero & a Lexsus and Latino guy got a Posh for him and Pajero for family and they say for reliability best is to go for a Jap brand.

Yes the choices are very good. My budget is around AED80,000.00.

Will look around. My French friend has a 3.5Ltr Pajero & a Lexsus and Latino guy got a Posh for him and Pajero for family and they say for reliability best is to go for a Jap brand.

Check your messages.

Check your messages.

80K is enough to go with good SUV. You can try Toyota FJ, Fortuner, Mazda CX9, Nissan Pathfinder, X trail, Quashqai, GMC Trailblazer, Yukon but don't go with Ford, Lincon or other Euro brands except good Range rover as those are hard to maintain and no re sale value.

Try to stick to Toyota or Nissan to avoid high maintenance cost <_<

Brand new is not a good choice in Gulf unless your employer will pay for it! If you will go for second hand, check the history with Police to make sure no accidents. :unsure:

Good luck!

80K is enough to go with good SUV. You can try Toyota FJ, Fortuner, Mazda CX9, Nissan Pathfinder, X trail, Quashqai, GMC Trailblazer, Yukon but don't go with Ford, Lincon or other Euro brands except good Range rover as those are hard to maintain and no re sale value.

Brand new is not a good choice in Gulf unless your employer will pay for it! If you will go for second hand, check the history with Police to make sure no accidents. :unsure:

Good luck!

Hmmm.... Since when did Ford became European?

This is what I talk about the Sri Lankan motorist mentality... :)

• Like 2

Agreed :D How about the reliability of these American cars. Like I donn't wana spend time in the garage. If I was buying brand newthen atleast I have a warranty!!

how about a chrysler 300C?

Hi Guys, I hope to move to Dubai very soon. Thinking of buying a used car/4x4. Any members in Dubai who can recomed the ideal vehicle I should get. Keep in mind I have 3 young kids and also expecting visitors from SL.Thought of a Pajero/Montero 2009 3.8Ltr but would like to have your openion also :)

Hi,

As VVTi correctly said, go for a make like FORD.

You can visit Al Tayer Motors

http://www.altayermotors.com/ford.html

[Take the Metro, Their showroom is just before Mall Of the Emirates]

http://www.saudiyell...Road_11775.html

Also check local News Paper 'Gulf News', which will give you a fair bit of understanding of the market price of vehicles you are looking for:

Say FORD:

http://www.gnads4u.c...max_price=80000

For your budget, you can easily go for a brand new vehicle.

If your stay is for a 3+ years, it is always good to go for brand new.

You may as well get a Vehicle Loan, for a very low interest rate.

Cheers & Good Luck!

Thanks to all you guys. will check on all the links. Hoping to stay for 3 + years but you never know these things. Like Sky mentioned best to look at a new car option. Whatever it is it must be a 7 seater

Good luck!

Hi, Will the police give out infomation freely?

Hmmm.... Since when did Ford became European?

typo error..my mistake

"don't go with Ford, Lincon or other Euro brands except good Range rover"

This is what I talk about the Sri Lankan motorist mentality... :)

You are a genius, I'm another newbie :action-smiley-060:

As VVTi correctly said, go for a make like FORD.
Like Sky mentioned best to look at a new car option

you wouldn't get B/New Ford SUV for 80000Dhs :unsure:

motari.ae

Autotrader UAE

autosouk

How about the reliability of these American cars.

you will enjoy your ride but pay arm and leg to maintain unless it's B/New with 5years service package, unlimited warranty etc.

Euro car electronics fail often and heard many complaints on AC after couple of years, specially in BMs!

Hi, Will the police give out infomation freely?

yes they give you but, only major accidents! if you need a thorough check, their are garages that offer comprehensive body check for 200Dhs.

you will enjoy your ride but pay arm and leg to maintain unless it's B/New with 5years service package, unlimited warranty etc.

Euro car electronics fail often and heard many complaints on AC after couple of years, specially in BMs!

Just curious, are you giving this advice based on your experience or based on the cost of running them in sri lanka?

Cos who knows, maybe the abundance of american vehicles might mean there's more garages an parts importers.. you never know.

I am looking at the Range Rover HSE 2006 model with about 100,000KMS. Have to increase my budget slightly but ..Any ideas on the maintenance and reliability in the Gulf

Hi,

Range Rover is a common ride among UAE Locals & Brits. Considered as an upper class vehicle.

Reliability = Yes

Maintenance, bit on higher side.

When are you planning to land Dubai?

If not in near future, you can wait and avail many offers on Automobiles during the "Dubai Motor Show"

http://www.dubaimoto...t=m/goSection=1

Cheers!