• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Learners Permit?

Huzefa

Hey guys anyone know the procedure involved to obtain a learners permit? My cousin was talking about it and i wasn't even aware that the learners permit has been implemented in sl :/

Anyway if someone could post a detailed description on how to obtain one it would be really helpful. Thanks :)

If your cousine is going thru a learner...

theyll take care of everything and depending on the learners influence u wont have to go to the Werahara and stand in queues... Ohh and you will also need to submit a Medical report (blood test and eye test) and fingerprints... thereafter the written test!

If your cousine is going thru a learner...

theyll take care of everything and depending on the learners influence u wont have to go to the Werahara and stand in queues... Ohh and you will also need to submit a Medical report (blood test and eye test) and fingerprints... thereafter the written test!

wow... blood test??? didnt know they had that now. What do they check for? Eyes and fingerprints I can imagine why.

And yeah, easiest process would be to go through a driving school. Handle all the appointment etc related stuff for you.

wow... blood test??? didnt know they had that now. What do they check for? Eyes and fingerprints I can imagine why.

And yeah, easiest process would be to go through a driving school. Handle all the appointment etc related stuff for you.

Blood test is to determine group.

Blood group is in case of you needing a transfusion to save time at the ETU. I have licenses from 2 other countries and both has those details plus if I am a donor of organs in case of death.

Not sure if they will implement the Donor part in SL.

Edited by VVTi

Blood test is to determine group.

Blood group is in case of you needing a transfusion to save time at the ETU. I have licenses from 2 other countries and both has those details plus if I am a donor of organs in case of death.

Not sure if they will implement the Donor part in SL.

ohh I was thinking in the lines of cholesterol level sugar level etc in case we have a heart attack while driving... hehheee...oops :D

Yeah learners are the best.... well it will cost you more thoh but you dont have to stay in queues nor get there early... You simply go there at the time they ask you to come proly around 1pm and they give you a contact number, you call the fellow, he comes and takes you in skipping the queue and your done in less than 30 Mins. :angry-smiley-048:

Ohh and the best part on the day of the trial they ask for an additional 500bucks this is to bribe the examiner fellow lol just in case you make a mistake... its safe to pay it!!! Its guaranteed you pass! :jumping-smiley-013:

ohh I was thinking in the lines of cholesterol level sugar level etc in case we have a heart attack while driving... hehheee...oops :D

cholestrol and sugar level.. lol!! :alc:

Edited by venomafiax

Machang, with our buggers you will never know, anything to make a few bucks... :)

Ah so its basically like getting a license only.I was told you can get the permit when your 17?

Anyone know a good learner who can get the job done? I really hated wasting my time when i got my license so would hope to avoid that this time around :)

go to a learners to obtain the learners permit and licence but not for driving seriously....evrythng becomes money these days...they jus drive u around the good roads u dont even know about what is clutch and accelerator ...

Edited by TheClutch

go to a learners to obtained the learners permit and licence but not for driving seriously....evrythng becomes money these days...they jus drive u around the good roads u dont even know about what is clutch and accelerator ...

I don't know about others but the one i went explained most of the things properly. They even had a Sunday class where they teach road signs, rules and mechanical stuff, which i didn't go :glare:

With the learners permit, the holder can only drive with

1. L boards fitted on the front and back of the vehicle (The RMV gives the L boards after you pass the driving written exam.) and 2. A competent driver with a valid drivers license sitting on the passenger seat.

Machang, with our buggers you will never know, anything to make a few bucks... :)

my cousine got his permit 5 months ago and he said .... there is a small medical thing opposite the Werahare where for a bribe of 100 Bucks you can get a medical report that says you have really good vision! :angry-smiley-048:

Ah so its basically like getting a license only.I was told you can get the permit when your 17?

Anyone know a good learner who can get the job done? I really hated wasting my time when i got my license so would hope to avoid that this time around :)

You have to be 18... try Shashika learners theyve got quite alot of influence... branches at Kotahena, Elvitigalla mawatha opposite the RMV and another opposite the Werahare!

With the learners permit, the holder can only drive with

1. L boards fitted on the front and back of the vehicle (The RMV gives the L boards after you pass the driving written exam.) and 2. A competent driver with a valid drivers license sitting on the passenger seat.

The RMV doesnt giv the L Board anymore it seems... you can make your own L board

Yeah learners are the best.... well it will cost you more thoh but you dont have to stay in queues nor get there early... You simply go there at the time they ask you to come proly around 1pm and they give you a contact number, you call the fellow, he comes and takes you in skipping the queue and your done in less than 30 Mins. :angry-smiley-048:

Ohh and the best part on the day of the trial they ask for an additional 500bucks this is to bribe the examiner fellow lol just in case you make a mistake... its safe to pay it!!! Its guaranteed you pass! :jumping-smiley-013:

This is completely unnecessary. It's just a little scheme played by the learner people/drivers to mooch some cash off you.

I was told the same thing at my test. But all that happened was; I drove for two mins, reversed into a lane, and the examiner simply handed me my licence. Don't believe in this bribery crap. I paid the learners enough and more money to get the paperwork done.

As long as you're a confident (and good) driver, you have got nothing to be afraid of.

And frankly, if you are that bad at driving that you fail that simple test, then you shouldn't be driving at all.

This is completely unnecessary. It's just a little scheme played by the learner people/drivers to mooch some cash off you.

I was told the same thing at my test. But all that happened was; I drove for two mins, reversed into a lane, and the examiner simply handed me my licence. Don't believe in this bribery crap. I paid the learners enough and more money to get the paperwork done.

As long as you're a confident (and good) driver, you have got nothing to be afraid of.

And frankly, if you are that bad at driving that you fail that simple test, then you shouldn't be driving at all.

true that! :angry-smiley-048:

• 7 years later...
On 6/6/2011 at 10:14 PM, Watchman said:

Goto the RMV (Werahara) Make an appointment for the your written test, take the test and you'll get a learner's permit to drive for three months before you go for the practical test.

As simple as that.

How much it will charge for all, when getting the learner's permit?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Jesper_919 said:

wait so how old should u be to get your learners permit?

17 to write the written test and 18 to take the driver's test and obtain a licence...

Plus, I believe the law actually states that you need to have someone with a driving instructors licence in the car with you at all times when learning to drive; but the general practice is simply to have someone with a drivers licence in the front seat supervising you at all times and that's usually sufficient. At least it was back in the day...

Here's a link for you to read up on and do some research:

http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=140&lang=en

image.gif

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kavvz said:

17 to write the written test and 18 to take the driver's test and obtain a licence...

Plus, I believe the law actually states that you need to have someone with a driving instructors licence in the car with you at all times when learning to drive; but the general practice is simply to have someone with a drivers licence in the front seat supervising you at all times and that's usually sufficient. At least it was back in the day...

http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=140&lang=en

image.gif

That's how it is even nowadays. 

• 1 year later...

On 4/18/2020 at 11:55 PM, Kavvz said:

image.gif

Broo...the link doesn't work, do you know any other websites where I can find more info?