• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can We Rent Out Our Cars To Taxi Services ? Whats The Average Pay ?

jimzum

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to rent out my FB15 to a rent a car company in Rajagiriya. Those guys offered me 40k per month. Is it a good price?

Or can I rent it out to taxi services ? is it possible ?

your advice is highly appreciated!!x

I'm planning to rent out my FB15 to a rent a car company in Rajagiriya. Those guys offered me 40k per month. Is it a good price?

don't know to comment on the rates.

however rented cars have a tendency to get abused - although of course it depends a lot on the person who ends up using it.

If it's at a rent-a-car, or taxi service (yes, it's possible to rent the car to them), it will get used by different people and chances are that most of them will not be so careful

(I am referring to things like not slowing down much on bad roads -> lifetime of suspension reduced; careless driving -> dents, scratches etc.; might run the car even with low batter water, low air, low engine oil, etc.)

If you want to rent it out at all, either rent direct to a (preferably known) individual for a long-term (even if you can't charge him as much) or get a reliable driver and put the car+driver on a taxi service (you will be paid a rate per km for hires; all other costs borne by you).

First see if the company your giving to is reliable,because once a person I knew bought a new one for this purpose,and after about a month she was said that the car was stolen,it was found out that the renter had sold the car to 4 people.That person who I knew got only half the value of the car after the trial

Hi Guys,

'jimzum'

Rajagiriya Tours was existing for more than a decade they have more than 500 care rented out to my knowlege.

I have not heard any complains about them.

If you want to hire your vehicle as a Taxi try Kangaroo Taxi service at Bambalaitiya.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'jimzum'

Rajagiriya Tours was existing for more than a decade they have more than 500 care rented out to my knowlege.

If you want to hire your vehicle as a Taxi try Kangaroo Taxi service at Bambalaitiya.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Is Rajagiriya tours, the only car rental company in Rajagiriya?

Thanks for all the comments guys. Seems like I have to rethink about renting.. :blink:

as suggested by SeanD I may rent it out with a reliable driver. I dont want me FB15 to get abused!! :rolleyes:

Again thanks alto for all your valuable comments ! really helped to make a decision! :alc:

Forget it! Do not rent it out to any so called rental place unless they are reputed. ANd then reputed companies don't ask for outside cars also.

If you want to make money out of it, rent it out to a known company/individual with or without driver. But then follow the rules and insure it accordingly as if it gets stolen or such mishap, you will lose your car.

Forget it! Do not rent it out to any so called rental place unless they are reputed. ANd then reputed companies don't ask for outside cars also.

If you want to make money out of it, rent it out to a known company/individual with or without driver. But then follow the rules and insure it accordingly as if it gets stolen or such mishap, you will lose your car.

In the past, one company I worked for, got cars from a so-called 'reputed' car rental company in Rajagiriya area (but not the one Sylvi mentioned). These cars were mainly used for traveling to and from locations which involved civil construction. Therefore, they were subjected to all kinds of abuse. On top of that, some of the drivers were from Wanathamulla area and drove the cars like the way they drive three-wheelers.

There was one incident, which I recall. I was travelling in one of those cars (an Allion) and a container truck knocked the car from behind. The driver simply ignored it and drove on, saying we can claim insurance.

My point is, even if you want to give your car for rent to a 'reputed' company, please get a driver yourself like others said. If you love your car, please don't rent it out.

Edited by Crosswind

I would not take it to any place syli says considering all his "experience" in destroying chinese vans....

'jdnet',

LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM A PROUD OWNER OF A INDIAN VAN.

Member your post do not give any relevant information requested by the topic starter.

I think you have some animosity with me when ever you see one of my post appearing you will write some thing which is not to the subject.

Please do refrain by doing this only you will one day blow your Trumpet to say I have posted the 2000th post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Guys,

First of all 40k is a good price, but no dont give it to a rent a car place.

Its better to find some sort of broker and find a private user like an executive who is in search of a car for long term usage than to give it to a rent a car place. That way you know where your car is and who uses it.

We had a car that we didnt use much (n16) and rented it through a broker and the user ended up using the car for more than 2 years, and he took care of the car like his own. Got only 35k but it was still worth it since the car was in tip top shape when he returned it.

So in conclusive find a decent private single user whom you trust. :alc:

'Crosswind',

I know another one company there at Rajagiriya. May be some more.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Good.

When the OP said:

I'm planning to rent out my FB15 to a rent a car company in Rajagiriya.

Then why do u jump in to a conclusion and say:

'jimzum'

Just to show off your 'knowledge'?

I have a good friend who owns one of the biggest rent a car companies in Colombo. I wanted to rent one of my cars using his company. He told me don't expect the car back in the same condition.

Post number 1376.

You are not my mother or my boss, so don't tell me what to do.

Jdnet,

No one cares for adding posts this forum is to share Knowledge not to boast you say have many posts number 1376.This proves that you are trying to impress that you are Posting lot of automobile simple DIY things motorists know..

Jdnet,

No one cares for adding posts this forum is to share Knowledge not to boast you say have many posts number 1376.This proves that you are trying to impress that you are Posting lot of automobile simple DIY things motorists know..

Yo unkel, you're the only one here who's drying over a popst count. And in your own words cut it out and dont post out of topic

'SeanD',

I think you are blowing other members trumpets.No one will care. You too are posting out of topic.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Unkel you keep blowing your trumpet 1/2 the time.

The guy who owns K/Park.. we dont need to tell you how often you blow his trumpet shamelessly..