• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lankan Pride With Your Ride

Pericles

KJ4HQ.jpg

Got this in the mail

the Rally is to take place on Saturday the 4th of June Starting from Mount Lavinia Junction To the Viharamaha Devi open Air Theatre at 1.00pm. We also have another route to the destination which is from Negombo beach along the Katunayake Highway to the park Where we will be awarding Cash Prizes For

The Monster ride

The Grand Magnificent

The Lady

The Official director.

We will be having a party including a fashion show and fireworks display at the venue which will end at 12.00 mid night.

Sponsors for food and drinks have come forward and please find my banner attached to go through the sponsors.

Anyone from AL going? I'm interested in going, but without wheels at the mo, since the wheels are garaged.

KJ4HQ.jpg

Got this in the mail

Anyone from AL going? I'm interested in going, but without wheels at the mo, since the wheels are garaged.

Looks pretty grand and all, but I dunno could be a rice fest.... wonder if the distinguished ex alumni of RRLK are involved in any way.

Looks pretty grand and all, but I dunno could be a rice fest.... wonder if the distinguished ex alumni of RRLK are involved in any way.

The Negombo connection? Thought about it. But I expect a guest performance from Chinthi if RRLK was involved. I'm sure it must be more RacersEdge doing. Rice fest or not, it is something, so thought I'd go. Not too sure about this Rs. 500 thing tho :)

KJ4HQ.jpg

Got this in the mail

Would have gone if not for exams <_<

So how was it?...any pictures?...Peri?

Peri didn't have a ride, so couldn't go. Saw some pics, and it was covered on carlton sports network lu. but mostly pics of the DJs and show. No car pics except the Mal-Key cars. Guess we'll have to ask Milindu.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2172155103313.2135536.1229848523

Here's the FB album. Looks like the emphasis was on a cop being present, but with no authority... :/ You can see people their traditional wheelies, sans even the most basic protection of a helmet with a cop (on his own "mean machine") looking on... Glad I didn't go....

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2172155103313.2135536.1229848523

Here's the FB album. Looks like the emphasis was on a cop being present, but with no authority... :/ You can see people their traditional wheelies, sans even the most basic protection of a helmet with a cop (on his own "mean machine") looking on... Glad I didn't go....

Thanks...

Yup looks like it was a mega snooze fest,even the after party pics seemed like it bombed big time...

well well well...i hit the event around 7p.m and was (seated )there till 9.30 and,,,,,,

1 Alto

1 civic

1 Land cruiser

1 cbr

1 hornet

:angry-smiley-024:

that was the vehicle part and inside there were around 20 guys and 4 or 5 girls dancing.... :angry-smiley-048:

well well well...i hit the event around 7p.m and was (seated )there till 9.30 and,,,,,,

1 Alto

1 civic

1 Land cruiser

1 cbr

1 hornet

:angry-smiley-024:

that was the vehicle part and inside there were around 20 guys and 4 or 5 girls dancing.... :angry-smiley-048:

You Serious dude !!

You Serious dude !!

ya man...i went there just because one of my friend was playing,

such a bummer...few guys were dancing around the Dj (on the stage) and that was it...they had some fire dancers and fire works too..don't think organizers could cover their cost even.. :unsure:

ya man...i went there just because one of my friend was playing,

such a bummer...few guys were dancing around the Dj (on the stage) and that was it...they had some fire dancers and fire works too..don't think organizers could cover their cost even.. :unsure:

Thats nothing new to our country's event scenario

sausage fest's and losses . :D

Thats nothing new to our country's event scenario

sausage fest's and losses . :D

Well not really,This is an isolated incident event and not the norm.Usually these 'car events' attract a pretty decent crowd.The organizers obviously messed up big time here.Madz,along with an event management company,held one such event right in the middle of the reccession back in '09 and it was hugely successful and had massive turn out.Not to mention the countless successful Modifests and the Honda club events.

Well not really,This is an isolated incident event and not the norm.Usually these 'car events' attract a pretty decent crowd.The organizers obviously messed up big time here.Madz,along with an event management company,held one such event right in the middle of the reccession back in '09 and it was hugely successful and had massive turn out.Not to mention the countless successful Modifests and the Honda club events.

I agree on Madz situation we did have some nice Autolanka events from 2006-07' until now i guess .

Yeah tough luck for the organizers,but still i wasn't there so cant comment on it :)