• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Townace Kr42 "dx And Gl"

Hi Guys,

what's the difference between KR42 "GL" and KR42 "DX" ? options please.. :unsure:

DX - manual windows, rear glass heater, no central locks etc

GL - Power windows, fog lights (in some), rear wiper & heater, central locking (in some)

• Like 1

in 2006/07 models Dx comes with a single Airbag also

GL normally comes with a Airbag and ABS

2006/07 models has Head Light adjustment switch.

GL version has 5 Doors and only Automatic Gear system...

That is not correct!! DX 2006 comes with ABS and Head Light adjustment switch. :)

GL or DX anything can be converted, starting from the cosmetic mods to the engine, aircon etc

but as for the prices and costs involved i'm not sure.

GL or DX anything can be converted, starting from the cosmetic mods to the engine, aircon etc

but as for the prices and costs involved i'm not sure.

Thanks :rolleyes::D ..what's the difference between normal KR42 engine and 3C TURBO engine? Think it's better to replace to a 3C turbo :blink: ...what about the fuel consumption? :action-smiley-060:

Thanks :rolleyes::D ..what's the difference between normal KR42 engine and 3C TURBO engine? Think it's better to replace to a 3C turbo :blink: ...what about the fuel consumption? :action-smiley-060:

normal kr42 engine is 1.8 7k-e petrol engine 3c turbo engine is 2.2 diesel turbocharged engine.don't know about the turbo engine but normal 3c engine give slightly better fuel figures then 2c engine. :)

The convertion cost you depending on your needs

there is the american shell version and different kits,a genuine complete bumpers will cost you over 175k with lights.The conversions are pretty popular in the vennapuwa and halawatha area. If you are going for a 3c engine you would have registration charges too.

My friend did a complete conversion from the original Noah kits (american billet)

from bumpers,doors,interior,d/ac,dashes,steerings,armrests and sunroof. cost him close to 650k with paint

The 3C-T is quite gutsy, and theres a 3C-TE variant as well.. Heard that this packs quite a punch

better if you can get it all into a manual stick shift though, but manual Noahs are pretty rare..

economy-wise it will be definitely better that the petrol.

Edited by tiv

The convertion cost you depending on your needs

there is the american shell version and different kits,a genuine complete bumpers will cost you over 175k with lights.The conversions are pretty popular in the vennapuwa and halawatha area. If you are going for a 3c engine you would have registration charges too.

My friend did a complete conversion from the original Noah kits (american billet)

from bumpers,doors,interior,d/ac,dashes,steerings,armrests and sunroof. cost him close to 650k with paint

Thank u :rolleyes:<_<:jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by sahan anuradha

To convert a normal Van to Noah ....

u need to buy 4 door model which only comes in DX category........

Full Noah kit costs about 3-4lkhs....

Or u can buy 5 door van and get that extra door fixed to the body like converting to 4 door.... there are people who are very good in that..............

To convert a normal Van to Noah ....

u need to buy 4 door model which only comes in DX category........

Full Noah kit costs about 3-4lkhs....

Or u can buy 5 door van and get that extra door fixed to the body like converting to 4 door.... there are people who are very good in that..............

:jumping-smiley-013:

Thanks buddy

Edited by sahan anuradha

:jumping-smiley-013:

Thanks buddy, :rolleyes:

No, i'm going for a 4 door van..Is there any good place to convert it to a noah model?? :blink::mellow:

there is a friend of mine in Marawilla.his name is Kaynath. If you need more information please sent me a PM

Edited by thusithasam

Now i'm going to buy a KR42 DX...And I need to convert it to a NOAH...Is the DX version suit for it ?? :unsure: And what's the second hand market for this version? :huh:

How much should i need to pay to convert it to a NOAH model? :jumping-smiley-013:

You need to buy a 4 door van for a proper conversion.Usually the GL version is 5 door therefore i believe DX is more suitable.

sahan anuradha...........

around Homagama Area there are several places....

did u purchase the noah kit??

when u buy the noah kit sometimes they tell the places to get it fixed .....

(i have sent u msg with contact details...........)

Edited by defendertdi

I was following your thread. I partially converted my van with noah seats, doors, grill, bumper and fogs etc. couldn't do a full conversion since mine is 5 door. I really dont see a need for full interior upgrade as it looks better but will not really give you a big profit if reselling unless you got the van at a bargain. Btw, new rules to my knowledge is that the vehicle needs to be registered atleast three years before you can swap engine.

What I would suggest is going for a GL (only 5 door) with ABS and do the exterior mods by replacing doors, bumpers an fix glass. looks nice. you also need to fix the noah seat set. very comfortable they are. You can also go for the Noah dashboard.

If going for a full conversion kit, you'll replace doors, dash, seats, carpets, hood, glasses, headlamps(if not already crystal), grill, bumpers and if you want to go further, even components of the suspension. This can only be done on a 4 door van.

There are complete kits for sale. when buying, always check if all clips and beadings etc are available.

If swapping engine with Diesel, go for 3C or 3C Turbo. 3C intercooler turbo gives probs I hear. Thats the one with the bonnet scoop.

If you already haven't found a good place for these, let me know. I should be able to hook you up.

Edited by topgear