• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius Met With An Accident

I look at Prius wheels every day.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Can't u find anything else to look at?

Do you also worship your Prius' wheels bro??

Anyways why don't you post a few pics of the sacred wheels of YOUR Prius, with and without the caps?

Edited by Crosswind

Eh! why'd you remove all the valuable hybrid information you had typed in your post #43?

And your "reference" photo's gone too :D

Don't overestimate your importance watchman. I don't edit my posts based on anything you say. It's just simpler the way it is.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Can't u find anything else to look at?

Do you also worship your Prius' wheels bro??

Anyways why don't you post a few pics of the sacred wheels of the Prius, with and without the caps?

No problem dude.

I can also post pictures of your "killer" Prius gearshift lever that has a mind of its own and pins people against their garage walls.

Good one Mr. Nikan. This confirms that you don't have a Prius and you haven't even seen one in real life. I'm liking your jokes very much, keep them coming.

Here's a good joke for you...the next Mazda RX, the RX9, is going to be a hybrid using Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive....

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/05/24/mazda-rx-9-to-borrow-hybrid-tech-from-toyota/

Don't overestimate your importance watchman. I don't edit my posts based on anything you say. It's just simpler the way it is.

Or perhaps you have not mastered the 'Edit' function on AL yet? You are too busy surfing the net looking for Hybrid tech news... ;)

not nice magnesium alloy ones.

so you also thought those wheel covers are shiny magnesium alloys and polish it every day :D

I look at Prius wheels every day. Damn thing always looked like an alloy to me and still does.

at lest when you washing the car haven't you noticed it :unsure:

Here's a good joke for you...the next Mazda RX, the RX9, is going to be a hybrid using Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive....

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/05/24/mazda-rx-9-to-borrow-hybrid-tech-from-toyota/

Might the next rotary-powered RX from Mazda be a hybrid?
At the time, Mazda indicated that its first hybrid using Toyota technology would hit the market in 2013. Will it be in the form of an RX-9?

When someone asks a questions, or posts a suggestion, please don't go around posting it as an absolute, ok?

Besides, its OT to the fact that you don't seem to know the car you're marketing very well.

Edited by Pericles

Actually there's a 3rd hub-cap behind the car to the right.. and the right side wheels are silver, which means the 3 hubcaps on the ground didnt come from this. And the fact that there are THREE i'm guessing there was a 2nd vehicle involved. this 2nd vehicle probably ran into the lamp post which fell onto the prius. Else hard to imagine a car running into a lamp post and then ending up under it.

Thats probably some anti-hybrid dumbass trying to be cheeky and start a chain-mail..

Nope Those hubcaps are from this car itself, the Prius and SAI hybrids come with a plastic hubcap on top of the original Alloy, beats me why? but im pretty sure its to give people who drive too close to the curb a second chance at saving there wheels.

looks like someone wanted to find out, how fast his Prius could take him, I guess the driver lost control hit the post and ran into the paddy field, and the weakend post fell on the car after, what we seen in the pics is anyway after it is all moved around to get the passengers out na.

Edited by crazycarguy

Really genius? So the first time you looked at a Prius wheel, you instantly knew it was a wheel cover?

Of course you didn't. No doubt about that. You thought it was an alloy wheel also and didn't realize it was a wheel cover until just now. And that is understandable....usually a wheel cover on a car is obvious, and is used to cover up ugly steel wheel, not nice magnesium alloy ones.

I was at Kleen Park recently and a Prius came in (to get some carpets done) and I went over to take a look; I'll admit I also didn't notice it had wheel covers - the brake disc and caliper was visible so I also assumed it was just the alloy wheel. Admittedly I was paying for attention to the "killer" gear knob and the dashboard than the wheels though.

However, if I had a Prius, (and assuming "I look at Prius wheels every day") and I saw pics of an accident where wheel covers are visible, I would at least think "damn! those wheel covers look exactly like what's on my wheels" rather than say

They could have also fitted the plastic wheel covers to protect the alloy wheels.

Didnt realized i was THAT significant.

Just to clear a doubt (and I wont ask you anything about a prius afterwards).. I know you are very busy and probably have little time to waste online so simple YES/NO answers would be more than enough. Thank you very much! :)

1- You've been lobbying for hybrids both locally and internationally for years (because they are eco friendly), and even though you could have bought one in Sri Lanka during the last 7-8 years through Toyota Lanka or privately, you never bothered to till tax cut made them relatively cheaper.

2- You claim to want to help the 'hybrid community in sri lanka' but when one hybrid owner had a language problem on his car you made smug comments on how he should have bought a UK import and not a Japanese.

3- You've been driving your prius for at least 2months now, and hence quite knowledgeable on hybrids hence able to give fairly accurate fuel consumption figures. Yet till now you haven't been close to even a single wheel to know that they were in fact hubcaps?

Just to clear a doubt (and I wont ask you anything about a prius afterwards).. I know you are very busy and probably have little time to waste online so simple YES/NO answers would be more than enough. Thank you very much! :)

1- You've been lobbying for hybrids both locally and internationally for years (because they are eco friendly), and even though you could have bought one in Sri Lanka during the last 7-8 years through Toyota Lanka or privately, you never bothered to till tax cut made them relatively cheaper.

2- You claim to want to help the 'hybrid community in sri lanka' but when one hybrid owner had a language problem on his car you made smug comments on how he should have bought a UK import and not a Japanese.3- You've been driving your prius for at least 2months now, and hence quite knowledgeable on hybrids hence able to give fairly accurate fuel consumption figures. Yet till now you haven't been close to even a single wheel to know that they were in fact hubcaps?

Correction. It was me who made that comment,telling him to learn jap language. It was a lighthearted joke, hope that prius owner didn't take it seriously.

Correction. It was me who made that comment,telling him to learn jap language. It was a lighthearted joke, hope that prius owner didn't take it seriously.

that aint the point now is it.

Cali has being raving about hybrids for sometime now... loads of graphs, surveys off the web etc etc...

Isn't it absolutely disgraceful that he doesn't know about this hub cap thing???

If once has owned a prius, knows about the prius...how the hell did this obvious little detail missed the resident hybrid expert?

that aint the point now is it.

Cali has being raving about hybrids for sometime now... loads of graphs, surveys off the web etc etc...

Isn't it absolutely disgraceful that he doesn't know about this hub cap thing???

If once has owned a prius, knows about the prius...how the hell did this obvious little detail missed the resident hybrid expert?

Well it's sad, but think I have to agree with you on this one.

I was at Kleen Park recently and a Prius came in (to get some carpets done) and I went over to take a look; I'll admit I also didn't notice it had wheel covers - the brake disc and caliper was visible so I also assumed it was just the alloy wheel. Admittedly I was paying for attention to the "killer" gear knob and the dashboard than the wheels though.

However, if I had a Prius, (and assuming "I look at Prius wheels every day") and I saw pics of an accident where wheel covers are visible, I would at least think "damn! those wheel covers look exactly like what's on my wheels" rather than say

Good point dude. I didn't pay attention to the design of the wheel covers on the side of the road in the photo. Just glanced at the wheels on the car in the photo, and noticed they didn't look like 'Prius wheels'.

If any person owns a car for at least a couple of months, don't ya think that it is quite normal for that person to have at lest cleaned/washed the car once during that period. If that is the case, I find it really hard to understand why that person wouldn't notice that there are plastic hub caps on top of the alloy wheels..It just sounds strange.

And lets just forget that for a while and think of the picture that you posted earlier. Don't you think that it is quite strange for your alloy wheel to have a solid construction without a removable centre piece where the manufacturer's logo normally goes. That gives you access to the axle bolt when changing the CV joint and related parts.

Don't you think that it is quite odd that a Prius expert and an owner like you didn't notice that for all this time. :rolleyes:

Edited by GearHead
  • Like 1

2- Removed this. My mistake for mixing up prius owners

3- You've been driving your prius for at least 2months now, and hence quite knowledgeable on hybrids hence able to give fairly accurate fuel consumption figures. Yet till now you haven't been close to even a single wheel to know that they were in fact hubcaps?

Good point dude. I didn't pay attention to the design of the wheel covers on the side of the road in the photo. Just glanced at the wheels on the car in the photo, and noticed they didn't look like 'Prius wheels'.

Dear Sir,

I await your response. :)

edit: If I may ask one more question, do you (and i dont mean some relative, friend, neighbor) own a prius? or have you been blowing smoke out your a$$ all this while? tsk tsk tsk.. Didnt your parents teach you its bad to lie? :huh:

Regards,

Monkey #1

Edited by Watchman