• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

March K11 - The Engine Stops Automatically

DVT

Question

Dear All,

I just bought a K11 for my wife and experienced that the engine stops automatically and all the bulbs on the meter board goes on. No jerk or any indication what so ever just prior to that. No sooner I change the gear positio to "P" (Auto Transmission) it starts again and runs as normal.

Caheced with a couple of people and some suspect that to be the distributor.

Also another person said my plugs are almost gone and it could be the case.

Can any one help me to figure out this.

Thanks in advance

VJ

The problem is more 'why did the engine die' rather than 'why does it start in P' cos you cant start an autotomatic car in D anyway.

It also might be a case of the alternator not charging the battery enough, hence the relay cutting out. If this is the case it could be the alternator itself or even a loose battery terminal. I had this issue once; culprit was was bad alternator.

Check the battery connector of the positive terminal (One with the Red plastic cover). You should see 3 wires connecting to it.

inspect the two smaller wires from the connector all the way to the connector located next to the distributor. one of them feeds the ignition system (the other feeds certain accessories like the headlamps, hazards, etc).

A similar thing happened to me when that particular wire shorted out. Try bypassing them with a piece of house hold wiring and see if that fixes the issue.

BTW, if it does, be sure to replace the loom. You can easily find one from Delkanda or J***n L***a.

Thanks guys for your replies I will check those.

I checked the battery and alternator.The guy said no problem.Then I changed my car battery with this and ran to see if the issue is with the battery.But no chance.

Do I have to check my distributor pls...or no need.

Thanks and your comments highly appreciated.

The engine could stop for two main reasons, either no fuel or no spark.

If I were you, I would take the car to the agent to run a diagnostic before attempting any blind repairs. If an ailing sensor or other electrical component monitored by the ECU is causing this problem, the diagnostic codes should easily pinpoint it.

Hi all,

Today went to the agents and scanned it with their console. But according to them no issue found in reading.

As alrady told this was just bought and not tuned up as yet.I guess a lot of carbon deposits.

Also plugs are pretty old .

You all think a proper tune up will solve the issue pls?

Need to fix this soon.

Thanks

Viraj

This is just a hunch, but check the fuse panel.

Use this for reference

Inspect the fuses classified under "IGN" such as fuel pump and injectors just to be sure one of them are not acting up. Better yet fuses are very cheap so why don't you just replace and see?

Again this is just a hunch.

It's your idle kick up circuit. Many issues can cause this. [bTW I have no idea what a K11 is so...]

Check your IACV valve [idle Air Control Valve] and make sure it is functioning.

You could have built up carbon on the throttle body that is clogging the small air bypass holes. [get a good carb or efi cleaner and clean the TB well. Especially the small holes that goes from the pre butterfly to the post butterfly.

If it's an EFI engine you should not have to adjust your idle manually. If you do, then it is covering up the real issue that is casing the problem in the first place. If it's carb, then all the above is mute.

It's your idle kick up circuit. Many issues can cause this. [bTW I have no idea what a K11 is so...]

Nissan march K11, micra in the U.S i guess :)

BTW the engine is EFI

I got the tune up done yesterdaY.

Could see a hell of carbon deposits inside and all the injectors were almost blocked.

The guy did a good job and guess what ?

the problem solved ..........don't know if too early say.......but no issue found during morning drive today.(about 14 Kms under traffic)..

Thanks guys for your help...

One more quick question ...........

Do know a place where I can buy a SPARE WHEEL HOLDER BOLT........... for the K11

Thanks

Could see a hell of carbon deposits inside and all the injectors were almost blocked.

the problem solved ..........don't know if too early say.......but no issue found during morning drive today.(about 14 Kms under traffic)..

Do know a place where I can buy a SPARE WHEEL HOLDER BOLT........... for the K11

Thanks

Dude if the bloke who cleaned up the injectors did a good job, do let me know the contact details as well. I'm also due for an injector clean-up and looking for a place other than the agents.

BTW did he use ultrasonic to clean the injectors?

for the bolt think...you can try delkanda area, if not those little petti kade kinda joints in panchi...if they too don't have it, "watta" in panchi should have em.

worse case scenario..you can get one turned out from a welding/lathe joint.

Dude if the bloke who cleaned up the injectors did a good job, do let me know the contact details as well. I'm also due for an injector clean-up and looking for a place other than the agents.

BTW did he use ultrasonic to clean the injectors?

He used to take care of my other car (Bluebird sylphy 2004) as well.He is a team leader working at A*W - As you see he is specilised for Nissan.

If you are interested can send you a personal message with his mobile number.

Thanks

for the bolt think...you can try delkanda area, if not those little petti kade kinda joints in panchi...if they too don't have it, "watta" in panchi should have em.

worse case scenario..you can get one turned out from a welding/lathe joint.

Thank mate I will check

He used to take care of my other car (Bluebird sylphy 2004) as well.He is a team leader working at A*W - As you see he is specilised for Nissan.

If you are interested can send you a personal message with his mobile number.

Thanks

Post the name and number on the forum. There is no rules against recommending somebody good who you have used personally.

Thanks

In most cars this is a standard sized bolt (I know in some cars you have a hook at the end for easy removal). What you could do is find the size of your bolt and get a hook welded onto it. In my car there is no hook and the bolt is released using the wheel brush.

Personally I don't like people working for a company (in this case A*W) also doing work on their own - they are essentially in a conflict of interest with their employer (if you owned the company, would you like to have such a person working for you?).

And it's even worse if they canvass business from people who come to get work done at the company (I have no idea if this individual does that or not; but I have received such "solicitations")

Of course, when it comes to the technical ability to perform work, they are probably better than someone who hasn't received specialized training on the brand. OTOH, I wouldn't be comfortable trusting such a person, and I would rather work with people I can trust.

• Like 1

Post the name and number on the forum. There is no rules against recommending somebody good who you have used personally.

Sorry mate.

It will not be OK with him since which violates his emp. agreement.He will be sacked in other word :violent-smiley-099:

I can share that with you on a personal message.

Sorry mate. need to think about him as well.

Sorry mate.

It will not be OK with him since which violates his emp. agreement.He will be sacked in other word :violent-smiley-099:

I can share that with you on a personal message.

Sorry mate. need to think about him as well.

Ah yes, didn't realise he was still employed by A*W. Thought he was an ex employee. Please send me a PM though.