• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advise - What To Look For In Buying Mazda

vishkid

Hi guys - I've read most if not all topics relevant to Mazda 3 and Axela but genuinely wanted some advise from the forum members who drives/hv driven a Mazda on what specifically should I look for in buying one of these cars?

I've learnt that brake liners cost 13k up and even the smallest, insequential sensor (if there is such :))costs 30k up - so I want to know if there are any specific pitfalls in this model (2004-2006), anything that I should specifically look for such as bush/mounts replaced after this amount, type of ATF used etc ...

Also, in wiki I saw that clear rear lights came to being after the 2007 upgrade but I've found several 2004 cars carrying clear i/o red rear lights - is this normal or hv they been replaced for cosmetic reasons?

I've heard about 3 places recommended in servicing/maintaining newer Mazda's including agents - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Mazda is a very good car and I believe you have set foot in the right direction.

I don’t own a Mazda 3 or Axela but I’m on my 4th Mazda now – A BJ5W Hatchback is my current ride.

Not too thrilled with the agents – if you go through the forum you would see some examples, can recommend the joint in Papiliyana (Mazna Motors) .

Lights –yes those are cosmetic’s as you can easily change to clear lights – they came in from 2005 me think but could be wrong – 2004 came with the red ones – anyway not a big issue but clear ones look cooler.

Sensors – well tend to be expensive but if it’s looked after no issues

Some key points :

· Gearbox – Since the Axela/3 come with tip tronic, there’s a special oil you need to use. It’s apx 25000K per can and needs replacing very 30000km’s So be sure to get the box checked

· Look for proper maintenance records- should give you an indication.

· Shocks are tax expensive and not as good/long lasting as the BJ5P’s - The road conditions here do not help.

· Do a proper diagnosis and preferably hoist the car and check the undercarriage for any issues and issues with bushes etc.

Drop me a PM and I shall give you some more information

About the rear lights, as I know all Mazda3s that are imported through agents do have clear lights and all the Mazda Axelas (JDM version of MAzda3) are having red rear lights. Appreciate if someone can correct me if I am wrong. :)

About the rear lights, as I know all Mazda3s that are imported through agents do have clear lights and all the Mazda Axelas (JDM version of MAzda3) are having red rear lights. Appreciate if someone can correct me if I am wrong. :)

Thanks for the replies. As per Wikipedia, the clear tail lights were introduced to 'all' models in the 2007 facelift/upgrade.

Previously they allegedly existed on the SP23 model - top of class 2.3L engine. :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Gearbox – Since the Axela/3 come with tip tronic, there’s a special oil you need to use. It’s apx 25000K per can and needs replacing very 30000km’s So be sure to get the box checked

Can you please provide more information about this? What exactly is the oil used and the quantity required?

Can you please provide more information about this? What exactly is the oil used and the quantity required?

Oil is M-V (Em Five), it's marked on the ATF dipstick.

An ATF change for the 3/Axela would set u back about 16k.

ATF is available from the Agents and also from Mazna motors.

I'm not too sure abt the volume as I'm yet to change mine. But I think 4-5 liters for change and 8 for flush????

I did change with M-V at home as DIY, twice (4 liters at a time)at a short period (not went for flush) had know issues.

Any ATF other than M-V is not recommended for this vehicle (Axela/3).