• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pioneer / Kenwood Player

GKWKK

Question

Pet#o La#ka and I personally go to the one in Narahenpita. Prices range from about 8000 all the way up hundreds of thousands. Why don't you pay a visit and check it out?

If you search the forum you'll find a number of discussions on the subject including a place in Pettah you can get these things for very reasonable prices.

Edited by The Don

Pet$o is good but overpriced. You do get a warranty but end up paying a premium for it. If you don't mind skipping the warranty, buy from Pettah. That's what most people do nowadays and get it installed at Pet@o.

Pet$o is good but overpriced. You do get a warranty but end up paying a premium for it. If you don't mind skipping the warranty, buy from Pettah. That's what most people do nowadays and get it installed at Pet@o.

well...consdering the whole elctronics thing...i wouldn't skip the warranty. esepcailly for the head unit and that too if you're going high end.

and yes...Pet#o installations are fat better than advance where i got a job done on my car previously.

• Like 1

agreed it is a bit of risk without warranty. but its what most people do nowadays, even if you walk into P*tco most of their customers now bring in their own HU's from Pettah, as P*TCO charges premium of around 20% when you buy from them and that does add up. And you are right, their installations are excellent. had a disastrous experience with A#vance myself.

On 26/05/2011 at 10:38 PM, The Don said:

Pet#o La#ka and I personally go to the one in Narahenpita. Prices range from about 8000 all the way up hundreds of thousands. Why don't you pay a visit and check it out?

If you search the forum you'll find a number of discussions on the subject including a place in Pettah you can get these things for very reasonable prices.

here is the road map to the Pettah whole sale place; and Hope you will find more options from this thread;

Edited by Davy
Fixed broken link

On 27/05/2011 at 4:23 PM, Ek3 Ferio said:

here is the road map to the Pettah whole sale place; and Hope you will find more options from this thread;

Thanks all, I bought a player yesterday from that place

Edited by Davy
Removed broken link

Ya stay away from Adv@nce they really mess things up. Known for breaking clips, not fitting beading's properly. Just a really shabby job overall though they brag about everything.

• Like 1

Ya stay away from Adv@nce they really mess things up. Known for breaking clips, not fitting beading's properly. Just a really shabby job overall though they brag about everything.

i think no knowlegeable person goes to advance now. i also didn't believe all those nasty stories they said about advance until it happened to a close friend of mine. they are quite bad now.

i have dealt with Pet#o and gilberts too. i think gilberts is the best out of them all.

• Like 1

can you tell me exactly where is the Pet#o narahenpita branch....i have to go there tommorrow.

can you tell me exactly where is the Pet#o narahenpita branch....i have to go there tommorrow.

It's on base line road on the stretch from Kirulapona to Narahenpita junction in front of the Army camp on the other side of the road. It is at a T junction with colour lights.

It's on base line road on the stretch from Kirulapona to Narahenpita junction in front of the Army camp on the other side of the road. It is at a T junction with colour lights.

Or you can just pop these numbers into google maps

6.88581, 79.87698

Ya, its right after IPM the big yellow building that says HR House

Ya, its right after IPM the big yellow building that says HR House

any model i should go for......which is for a basic car....there are models with remote ,,,,does this come handy.....they said JVC starts from 13000

poineer from 15000 plus cost for speakers of your choice......all i want is FM stereo reception that can recieve channels when we are out station as well....CD, USB play back support... :rolleyes:

any model i should go for......which is for a basic car....there are models with remote ,,,,does this come handy.....they said JVC starts from 13000

poineer from 15000 plus cost for speakers of your choice......all i want is FM stereo reception that can recieve channels when we are out station as well....CD, USB play back support... :rolleyes:

You can get a Pioneer head unit which support CD.MP3 and USB Rs:10300 and 2 way pioneer speaker pair for Rs:4000 from pettah. :) For the good FM reception you have to buy an good quality antenna i think. I have no experiences with them, I used the original antenna fitted from factory. FM reception is quit good even in outstations.

You can get a Pioneer head unit which support CD.MP3 and USB Rs:10300 and 2 way pioneer speaker pair for Rs:4000 from pettah. :) For the good FM reception you have to buy an good quality antenna i think. I have no experiences with them, I used the original antenna fitted from factory. FM reception is quit good even in outstations.

machang can you tell me the model number if you don,t mind so that i can do a good comparison .....does this model have a red color round dial in the night....i think i have seen this in some cars.

i can do a search in the net and get more info if you give me the model number. where is the place in pettah.....a few months back i did a walk around and most of them had chinese crap like sunwa,,, and pentech.....good for buses not for a car :D

machang can you tell me the model number if you don,t mind so that i can do a good comparison .....does this model have a red color round dial in the night....i think i have seen this in some cars.

i can do a search in the net and get more info if you give me the model number. where is the place in pettah.....a few months back i did a walk around and most of them had chinese crap like sunwa,,, and pentech.....good for buses not for a car :D

Hmm I don't remember the model no, but I can have a look and let you know. But the player I got, doesn't have the red color lighting but green color lighting. And it is made in Malaysia.

If you go to the normal shops in pettah, you will end up with duplicated pioneers. Don't go there. But there are some whole sale shops in Keyser Street. I have mentioned the road map in a previous thread, I have posted the link to that thread early. You can find the place there.

Hmm I don't remember the model no, but I can have a look and let you know. But the player I got, doesn't have the red color lighting but green color lighting. And it is made in Malaysia.

If you go to the normal shops in pettah, you will end up with duplicated pioneers. Don't go there. But there are some whole sale shops in Keyser Street. I have mentioned the road map in a previous thread, I have posted the link to that thread early. You can find the place there.

and you remember the topic of the thread...... ;) anyway thanks i will do a search on pioneer...

the green color lighting must be for the display and not the dials.......anyway pls do check and tell me the model no........most probably it would be discontinued and a newer version would have come but i can try my luck.... :)

On 09/06/2011 at 2:18 PM, rameez said:

and you remember the topic of the thread...... ;) anyway thanks i will do a search on pioneer...

the green color lighting must be for the display and not the dials.......anyway pls do check and tell me the model no........most probably it would be discontinued and a newer version would have come but i can try my luck.... :)

Read all the previous posts of this thread before searching. I have posted the link even in this thread. :D

By the way here it is again. go to the last post; 

Edited by Davy
Fixed broken link

Most of the Pioneer sets come with either red or green back light display. They are in same models. But comes with two different model numbers.

Ex: DEH-2350UB is comes with Red back light display,

------DEH-2350UBG comes with Green back light display. But those two models have same features except the back light color

Does Any one have a reliable place to buy a Pioneer/ Kenwood Car Audio with following Features.

CD

FM Radio

USB/MP3

Also apriciate if you can give rough estimate/Price..

THank you

you can get a reasonable one from petta with warranty, the place name is " mode spot " kaizer street nxt to commercial bank.

On 09/06/2011 at 6:15 PM, Ek3 Ferio said:

Read all the previous posts of this thread before searching. I have posted the link even in this thread. :D

EKs thanks machang.......i got it.....some shop in keyzer street right......a bit funny you get original stuff from pettah...but then this is srilanka :D

by the way is the model DEH-2350UB

Edited by Davy
Removed broken link

EKs thanks machang.......i got it.....some shop in keyzer street right......a bit funny you get original stuff from pettah...but then this is srilanka :D

by the way is the model DEH-2350UB

yea his getting down from Singapore all the units, i bought 2 units 2350UB and 2 avh-3350bt units. everything is working fine.

yea his getting down from Singapore all the units, i bought 2 units 2350UB and 2 avh-3350bt units. everything is working fine.

what about installation...i heard that Pet#o takes about 1000 just for the installation if you dont buy the unit from them.......... :huh:

Hi Loyal 2_D_G!

You mean AVH-P3350BT Double din unit?

What was the price like?, if you don't mind.