• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Removing Scratches From Windscreen

asanka424

Question

Hi All,

Could you please advice me on removing scratches from windscreen. There are some wiper blade scratches. I want to get comments from people who had done this before. From older posts I get that Kl**nP**k does this. Are there any regular places? What would be the cost?

Thanks.

Asanka

8 answers to this question

discussed before in depth mate. run a search.

Sorry I did. But was able to find only two threads. last one was on 2010. At that time the price was 10k - 15k. I wanted to know if there are some other places doing the same with lesser price..

well depending on your car...sometimes it makes more sense to just replace the windscreen

I got mine busted sometime back and it was some 15-16k. but this was for a double cab :)

Having read that older thread I'd like to post my experience on windscreen scratches..

My original windscreen was broken and replaced it with a reconditioned one.. this one had wiper scratch marks and in a recent rush of blood I used compound on the windscreen to get rid of the scratches and get a shiny new windscreen.

But once done I found new swirly scratch marks on the windscreen. Now it is difficult to see in the night also. Didn't know compound could do this to glass.. but perhaps the problem could have been because there were some pieces of rust (the compound tin was a bit old) in the compound that could have been the culprit.

I paid a visit to cle**n pa*k a few days ago and a supervisor took a look at it and said their polishing will not remove these marks and said the other day another vehicle with less scratch marks did not come out well either. On the phone the guy said that it will be about 3000 to do the polishing. They use some diamond powder to do the polishing..

Any comment on the compound issue? I guess I will have to replace the windscreen if I want a better view..

HI Guys,

I had the same issue. Driving at night and rainy days was like killing, I was driving like a blind person with a huge risk sometimes. 

I was about to replace my windscreen. Suddenly found this place near Moratuwa. Took my car at night and he did a small part of the windscreen. Result was amazing. 

Next day I took my car and spend nearly 4-5 hours. All wiper scratches gone. But small chip marks are there which no one can remove. And they applied a Nano coating to protect the glass from Rain (like RainX). Trust me, he did a great job. 

The cost is 5k for the whole glass (it depend on the nature of scratches and size of the glass). 

If you want to contact him, please PM me to get his contact details. 

Cheers !

IroshW