• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4Dr5

BAnuradha

Planning by Mitsubishi 4DR5 long wheel jeep 31-xxxxx ( 10 lks)

1. Where can I buy original spare parts. Planning to fully restore it. except its chassis.

2. How much will it cost

3. can you suggests me a good garage

I m working in office and no time stay in garage.

One of my friends sugessing to buy a fully repaired complete restored one around 2ml...

appreaciate your answers and sugessions... :rolleyes:

Thanks

Planning by Mitsubishi 4DR5 long wheel jeep 31-xxxxx ( 10 lks)

1. Where can I buy original spare parts. Planning to fully restore it. except its chassis.

2. How much will it cost

3. can you suggests me a good garage

I m working in office and no time stay in garage.

One of my friends sugessing to buy a fully repaired complete restored one around 2ml...

appreaciate your answers and sugessions... :rolleyes:

Thanks

Depends on what you plan to do with it in term of usage.

While the '4DR5' J series is a solid workhorse, its still quite rough vehicle to use in terms of comfort and ease of driving. So unless you are looking for 'the experience' you can look at more usable alternatives such as a Hilux LN 106 (1.6 mil range) or a front coil sprung LN 107 in the 2-2.3 mil range.

If you are dead seat on a J44/45, best buy one that is in good condition.

Peri should be able to help you with the info on the J series.

The main advice I have is not to bother with trying to restore it unless you can spend time in a garage. Or have someone trusted who can spend time there. Only other option is to have it close to work so you can pop in during lunch hours to check progress and stuff.

Its your baby. Don't expect some mechanic to take care of it unless you are there to oversee.

welcome to the 4DR5 club....

first get body work done by a good painter. then if there are any mechanical issues, you can get them fixed by a mechanic. Be mindful, these jeeps are 30-40 years old and oil leak here n there and small small mechanical issues are always there. you can never have a 100% perfect jeep.

for modifications, you can get a hi-lift jack, winch from places like suzuki lanka Kurana, Outdoorsman Arangala...etc.

Thanks

4DR5

welcome to the 4DR5 club....

first get body work done by a good painter. then if there are any mechanical issues, you can get them fixed by a mechanic. Be mindful, these jeeps are 30-40 years old and oil leak here n there and small small mechanical issues are always there. you can never have a 100% perfect jeep.

for modifications, you can get a hi-lift jack, winch from places like suzuki lanka Kurana, Outdoorsman Arangala...etc.

Thanks

4DR5

Thanks bro... I m happy to met 4Dr member in this thread. if you don't mind can I have your contact number. I have no experience about this kind of jeeps. So I have lot of questions about this...

what type of questions do you have?

may be seems stupid questions I m asking....but i want to clear these before come to final decision.

1. Is it possible to convert short wheel jeep to long wheel. If Yes, is their any legal issues for insurance or to pass smoke test.

2. I saw some jeeps in road with 6 doors. (two doors in one side.)Do you know any place to do this work.

3. Is it possible to convert suspension to rear wheels

may be seems stupid questions I m asking....but i want to clear these before come to final decision.

1. Is it possible to convert short wheel jeep to long wheel. If Yes, is their any legal issues for insurance or to pass smoke test.

2. I saw some jeeps in road with 6 doors. (two doors in one side.)Do you know any place to do this work.

3. Is it possible to convert suspension to rear wheels

1- Mechanically its possible, but its neither economical or reliable. As you're opening a whole new door for future chassis trouble. Cheaper to just buy a longwheel base. Plus you'll need a new body or chop n extend that too...

2- If ur talking of a soft top one, yes it was in the AL classified too at one point, but if u ask me you'll loose a lot of resale value by doing it. If you want 4 doors get the hard top variant.

3- You mean convert it to coil springs? Also possible and has been done some have even gone to the extent of giving it independent suspension. But if you ask me i dont think the cost justifies the results.

• Like 1

If you dnt have time to spent it garages do not try to re store one.After sometime you'll be fed up.

If you really wants to go for a 4dr5. Get a good one which is restored then you have to just maintain it.... if not you will have to spent months......

Parts..

Its bit easy to find comparing to Bj 40s...Stanly in Panchikawatta.....& few other places.... If your going for a 4DR5 go for 51 engine instead of 50....