• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cbn Sat Blocked !

miniace

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned that pettah...1st cross street vendors sell Ku band sattelite receivers at very low prices which can receive Star sports.anyone got any idea?

Star sports comes scrambled- so unlikely. 'Yagi' antennas are the way to go for local stations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey guys dont know if it's true or not but just recived a sms sayin that CBN sat will be back on air from 23rd of this month....is it true?

Yup its true..if everything goes well they are supposed 2 start a test transmission from the 23rd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BTW Fuzzo, how them Femina mags? Anything interesting? :rolleyes:

those are what's keeping me going... just wish they came out more often...

oh and i have also started to look at the pics on hi magazine...now i can pretty much name all the high class socialites (female only) in the colombo scene.

those are what's keeping me going... just wish they came out more often...

oh and i have also started to look at the pics on hi magazine...now i can pretty much name all the high class socialites (female only) in the colombo scene.

hmmm... Thank god for PC gaming.

Its still blank after several months gone! Just found a new channel on UHF CH 30 the name I guess is MGM-R ,they were showing US open and some wrestling stuff from Ten Sports and some local Musivc videos.

Damn ! somebody tell me whats hapenning to local TV entertaintment??

• 2 weeks later...

well what i heard was that theres a security issue within this problem, if so i think we should consider that too.

The only security issue is sure to be the finacial security of some political goon or contributer. U mark my words. It is the always the cause of problems in SL. Either some no nothing politician trying to make a buck or some business man making a buck coz of no nothing politicians!

If they think the new channels are a problem they could have stopped those. Could have at least left us the sports! Missed the NBA finals, WNBA entire season, Wimbledon, US open and so many cricket matches I lost count.

actually its said that LTTE chanel could be decoded through a local SAT Tv decoder.

it could be because they share the same SAT.

but there are some financial malfunctions also reported between those

2 organisation.

IMO i also think theres a posibility because of some fact(i cant mention it here)

BTW peri. could be right, in SL everything is political.

Edited by Buddhika M H

• 3 weeks later...

looks like there will be another new player in the tv market

Dialog TV in six months

Sunday, 8 October 2006 - 6:13 AM SL Time

Dialog Telekom Ltd, the leader in mobile telephony, will go live with a pay TV channel in six months time, after which it would provide options for mobile television, company officials said.

This comes on the back of Dialog last week acquiring a 90 percent stake in Asset Media Private Ltd which is licensed to operate television broadcasting and pay television services in the country.

'Dialog will not go down the path of conventional television channels, but will promote pay television channels such as AXN, ESPN, Cinemax, Star World,etc and later get into mobile television as well,' a company official told The Sunday Times FT, adding that they have not yet zeroed in on a name.

The Sunday Times FT reported this eventual expansion in the company in its July 14 edition last year when Dialog parent, Telekom Malaysia Chairman Tan Sri Radzi Bin Mansor said in an interview that they may look at delivering media channels on their soon to be launched 3G or third generation technology. 'Pay television is very new in Sri Lanka and we will have a good positioning,' the Dialog official said. He said the licence was worth Rs. 325 million and this latest acquisition will be popular for the group`s strategy of achieving a quadruple play of mobile, fixed, broadband and television media product proposition for local consumers.