• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Would You Recomend Nissan Cefiro As A Day Today Car?

knightowl

Apparently Nissan Cefiro's [used] seems cheaper than N16s or FB15s. You can get your hands on a good used one around 1.5m. If fuel economy is not in question will it be a good runner?

i guess the main issue with the Cefiro is the fuel economy...i haven't heard of any other issue with it

Apparently Nissan Cefiro's [used] seems cheaper than N16s or FB15s. You can get your hands on a good used one around 1.5m. If fuel economy is not in question will it be a good runner?

Here are a few pros and cons I can think of, for a Cefiro as a daily runner.

Pros: Looks luxurious, cops will think twice about stopping it, u can find a really well maintained one (especially if it is really the first owner) cos el cheapos wont buy unreg Cefiros.

Cons: Fuel consumption (not a problem for u), hard to maneuver in Colombo traffic, parts might be a bit dearer.

Thanks for the prompt replies. I am planning to use it in North Central province, so there won't be a traffic problem. And the distance I am traveling would be under 10km a day. 20 max. I am migrating back to Sri Lanka and my budget is under 2m for the moment. I am planing to finance it by selling my Volvo V50 I use here.[only done 25k] :(

There was a luxury car tax sometime ago. Is it still there? If it is still there will I get caught in that?

Any idea what the fuel consumption is like? Cant be that bad.

Thanks for the prompt replies. I am planning to use it in North Central province, so there won't be a traffic problem. And the distance I am traveling would be under 10km a day. 20 max. I am migrating back to Sri Lanka and my budget is under 2m for the moment. I am planing to finance it by selling my Volvo V50 I use here.[only done 25k] :(

There was a luxury car tax sometime ago. Is it still there? If it is still there will I get caught in that?

Any idea what the fuel consumption is like? Cant be that bad.

Would be 6-7 km/l.

Another issue with big Nissans of that vintage is that the large buffers and other body panels aren't bolstered very firmly and start to 'droop' with age... :)

• Like 1

Here are a few pros and cons I can think of, for a Cefiro as a daily runner.

Pros: Looks luxurious, cops will think twice about stopping it, u can find a really well maintained one (especially if it is really the first owner) cos el cheapos wont buy unreg Cefiros.

Cons: Fuel consumption (not a problem for u), hard to maneuver in Colombo traffic, parts might be a bit dearer.

another one to the pros: SPACIOUS!!!

• 1 year later...

The Singapore model A33 has a dashboard issue where the top lid on the dash board cracks due to whether in SL... Apart from that its a very good car... Maintenance is expensive in comparison to other japanese cars. The Japanese domestic models are the eximo and s touring.

S Touring is sexy

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a Cefiro A32 which did 9kmpl in city running and 12kmpl out of Colombo on long trips. From what I hear the A33 is not as economical as the A32 though both have the the same engine if I am correct.