• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Price Hike

fuzzo

shit fuzzo beat me to it...exactly wat i was goin to say...how much can the government absorb...fair enuf they'r flawed aplenty in all other departments but they cant control this IMO...let me remind u im not in favour of these goons but jus sayin...

I for one am very happy that the fuel prices are going up... atleast the idiots who voted for this goverment will learn a lesson... but on second thought the idiots who voted are such idiots that they wouldnt realise.. Sri Lanka have never of it's history had undergone such an increase in a short period of time.. plus have never undergone such high markups...

well dont worry people... by next year we would have to spend more than 150/= per litre of petrol...

chinthanaya rocks....

nah the idiots who voted ain't paying much of a price itz da freaking private sector monthly income earners who are paying for all this Chinthana shit, u c da 3wd guys get subsidies 4 petrol, the "EFFICIENT" gov workers get mammoth wage hikes, so frankly the ppl who work hard are being squeesed every penny out of their pocket...

---

oh btw now that u no longer pay the satellite tv bill, u should hav enough money to cover up for the xtra 5/=, datz y i say CHINTHANAYA ROCKS, they always hav a plan!!!

i can't believe you are blaming the govt for the price hike. do you not watch the news, fuel prices are up everywhere... even if anyone else was in power, they would still have to increase prices. there is no escaping it.

we are actually much better than places like india...

Fuzzo? :DAre you what we think you are?

Take the question color for the hint :huh:

nah the idiots who voted ain't paying much of a price itz da freaking private sector monthly income earners who are paying for all this Chinthana shit, u c da 3wd guys get subsidies 4 petrol, the "EFFICIENT" gov workers get mammoth wage hikes, so frankly the ppl who work hard are being squeesed every penny out of their pocket...

---

oh btw now that u no longer pay the satellite tv bill, u should hav enough money to cover up for the xtra 5/=, datz y i say CHINTHANAYA ROCKS, they always hav a plan!!!

Wow, i couldnt had said it better. :):alc:

I hope the bio fuels and other fairy tales comes into action soon

We could expect another price hike soon after 1st July, when LIOC is allowed to adopt its own pricing structure. :action-smiley-060:

Who ever comes to the power it’ll be the same story. It’s 1 of their main earnings. One thing we always forget... we forget the tax component + custom charges on fuel. It’s almost 43%. So if there is no tax on fuel at what price we can get the fuel at? But what will happen to the loss of earnings incur from that. One way or the other we’ll be ripped off. :action-smiley-060:

i can't believe you are blaming the govt for the price hike. do you not watch the news, fuel prices are up everywhere... even if anyone else was in power, they would still have to increase prices. there is no escaping it.

we are actually much better than places like india...

well I cant believe that you dont understand the situation here... if the damn goverment can reduce on their damn taxes then the suppilers could bring down the price as well... and even if the world oil prices are going up the goverment should know to maintain a cirtan limit as for one we are a poor country and you and I may not feel it much, but there are so many who really feel it. the fuel prices effect everything.. there are so many who find it even hard to travel by bus because the bus fair has to go up as well... I'll give you a simple example :

take a poor man... the bus fair is too high... he finds it hard to go to work... lets say he works for a export company... if the man doesnt come to work, that company looses one man power... which results in them finding it hard to work for their target... which they loose their business... which comes back again to our country loosing money... if the company has to bare loss and close down.. end result = so many become jobless....

think about it man....

true.... and that's a good point

well I cant believe that you dont understand the situation here... if the damn goverment can reduce on their damn taxes then the suppilers could bring down the price as well... and even if the world oil prices are going up the goverment should know to maintain a cirtan limit as for one we are a poor country and you and I may not feel it much, but there are so many who really feel it. the fuel prices effect everything.. there are so many who find it even hard to travel by bus because the bus fair has to go up as well... I'll give you a simple example :

take a poor man... the bus fair is too high... he finds it hard to go to work... lets say he works for a export company... if the man doesnt come to work, that company looses one man power... which results in them finding it hard to work for their target... which they loose their business... which comes back again to our country loosing money... if the company has to bare loss and close down.. end result = so many become jobless....

think about it man....

true.... and that's a good point

Must get rid of the coloured glasses to see the truth, otherwise the whole world will look Green, Blue/Red or what ever the colour u wear. :action-smiley-060:

think about it man....

There's a scheme for 3wlers are to get kind of relief through peoples bank as I heard. And I guess the same way will soon be applied for the public transport to maintain the common man's travelling cost at a level.

There's a scheme for 3wlers are to get kind of relief through peoples bank as I heard. And I guess the same way will soon be applied for the public transport to maintain the common man's travelling cost at a level.

and what about the lorries ? that transport vegitables ? bikes that the poor man uses to transport his goods ? Fish man ? I could go on....

and what about the lorries ? that transport vegitables ? bikes that the poor man uses to transport his goods ? Fish man ? I could go on....

yes, you are right, list goes on, but at least some segments will get the relief. If I am right currently some fisherman's boats are covered with diesel subsidy.

This is a global crisis, different govenments play this in different way. and there may be many interpretaions too.

wait until CPC extracts our own oil resources :action-smiley-060:

pls tell me what you mean by maintaining a certain limit.. are you talking about importing less fuel. did you see the mess that was caused just by fuel not being only in the IOC sheds

as much as i agree with you regarding the poor folks and how their lives are affected, we should also understand that it's too simple to point the finger at the govt and expect them to solve your problems. just because the price of fuel shot up, you are not goign to see less cars on the road are you? people adapt to the situation....

taking the issue of your worker.. his only choice is to speak to his boss and get a raise or find a better job. (the 2nd option is what people are going for) . i know a guy who was working for large company for salary of 5k. he had 3 kids. i got him a job elsewhere and now he is somewhat better off.

It's called survival. it's harsh but true.

pls tell me what you mean by maintaining a certain limit.. are you talking about importing less fuel. did you see the mess that was caused just by fuel not being only in the IOC sheds

as much as i agree with you regarding the poor folks and how their lives are affected, we should also understand that it's too simple to point the finger at the govt and expect them to solve your problems. just because the price of fuel shot up, you are not goign to see less cars on the road are you? people adapt to the situation....

taking the issue of your worker.. his only choice is to speak to his boss and get a raise or find a better job. (the 2nd option is what people are going for) . i know a guy who was working for large company for salary of 5k. he had 3 kids. i got him a job elsewhere and now he is somewhat better off.

damn.... well said..

39483ae.jpg

Reality in a few yrs? lol!!

machang do you think finding a job is that easy ? and do you think speaking to his/her boss would give them a raise ? c'mon man...

machang do you think finding a job is that easy ? and do you think speaking to his/her boss would give them a raise ? c'mon man...

agreed, the latter is much harder to do and almost always useless....but if you can't make your ends meet, then other than stealing, these are the only options...

or MARRY RICH!

k machan so ur bottomline is u dont want the government to increase the price of fuel?how do u want them to tackle the situ of a global price rise?wishful thinking man...take note we dont brew our own oil yet...

agreed, the latter is much harder to do and almost always useless....but if you can't make your ends meet, then other than stealing, these are the only options...

or MARRY RICH!

machang if you know how much this goverment spends on them selfs... you'll be surprised... that's all our money

machang if you know how much this goverment spends on them selfs... you'll be surprised... that's all our money

i say we gradually remove all subsidies on fuel and let consumers pay the real price, dat way petrol prices remain somewhat stable, coz as of now petrol subsidises the other fuel i guess(not significantly)

machan thats true.. corruption is everywhere.. u speak as if this is the only corrupted government.. for the past 20 or so years it been happening regardless of the party or person came to power.. u can't just point at one party or a person for that. Its very difficult to run a country by one person when the people around him are a bunch of as* h***s, sadly this is the case always for every president comes on to power.

about the fuel hike, there is nothing much a goverment can do to reduce it machan. we can consider us lucky compared to other poor countries. india has much more poor people than in SL, but the fuel prices are much higher. its Rs.47 per petrol litre in india thats like 105 sri lankan rupees.

machan thats true.. corruption is everywhere.. u speak as if this is the only corrupted government.. for the past 20 or so years it been happening regardless of the party or person came to power..

exactly...they all come with high promises and once they are in office... they are all the same...

to be honest, these fuel hikes are not a huge deal like before. people expect it and are prepared for it. Also lots of people get fuel provided from the company, so they don't care about the price hike

just wondering..how many litres of fuel do you guys use a month?..on average

175-200 ltrs

and nope the company doesnt foot my fuel bill.