• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Price Hike

fuzzo

just saw on the news that the price of fuel will be going up by 3. so now the 90 octane is Rs. 91.

fuzzo,

this aint a surprise. I am sure it wil lbe 100 by end of this year. Or the way its going go knows

. Where are the bio fuels etc? And the oil wells in sri lanlan sea bed as they always say when an election comes near? And there is a seperate ministery for that too

I will never push my Sports button in my CVT EK3 again, its going to be all ECON from now on...91rupees..man...

Where are the bio fuels etc?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by biofuels, but if what one of my Katubedda uni friends tells me is true, SL will not need to rely on fossil fuels from abroad in a couple of years, thanks to some research being done here. Anyway that's a while coming if at all, and until then we'll be suffering. No need to wait till the end of the year for it to reach Rs100 either.

I will never push my Sports button in my CVT EK3 again, its going to be all ECON from now on...91rupees..man...

to be honest, these fuel hikes are not a huge deal like before. people expect it and are prepared for it. Also lots of people get fuel provided from the company, so they don't care about the price hike

just wondering..how many litres of fuel do you guys use a month?..on average

to be honest, these fuel hikes are not a huge deal like before. people expect it and are prepared for it. Also lots of people get fuel provided from the company, so they don't care about the price hike

75-90 liters.. Sh*t this price hike is terrible..

Not much on my side

Hiace & Civic - 50liters petrol each

how bad is the fuel consumption when the CVT is in the sports mode???????

I would say 9-10

Sure, i try my best to make laugh others by telling stupid things like u

Ahhh, the irony..... to be told I am telling stupid things ...... by ......

Evidently, no appreciation for the fine art of tongue-in-cheek sarcasm. :rolleyes:

going back to the petrol issue... IOC still does not have petrol... they are not sure of getting it today either...

Yeah, next to Family Super in Mount had its petrol pumps closed down, with the hoses draped around a pump. Looks like they had diesel, tho.

I for one am very happy that the fuel prices are going up... atleast the idiots who voted for this goverment will learn a lesson... but on second thought the idiots who voted are such idiots that they wouldnt realise.. Sri Lanka have never of it's history had undergone such an increase in a short period of time.. plus have never undergone such high markups...

well dont worry people... by next year we would have to spend more than 150/= per litre of petrol...

chinthanaya rocks....

i can't believe you are blaming the govt for the price hike. do you not watch the news, fuel prices are up everywhere... even if anyone else was in power, they would still have to increase prices. there is no escaping it.

we are actually much better than places like india...