• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alarm Went Out Of Control

Rishie

Question

Please Guys , I need your valuable advices,

The story is a bit lengthy one. if I make it short this is the situation.

I stuck with a car FB15(1999) that has security system, has been fixed by one of my unknown previous owner. I never used that system it came with a 4 buttons (digit 1,2,3,4) remote controller with dead battery in it. today I change the battery of remote controller and click some buttons (digits) randomly but car gave me no response until I opened a door. as soon as I opened the door , alarm goes off and I managed to stop by clicking 1 1 1 ( no idea how I did it ). it happened several time and finally I decided to remove this as it was totally out of control. that time it was not answering to any digit and alarm stop by it self after some time( when ever I open the door alarm goes off )

but I didnt want take the risk of having big alarm sound in the middle of road. solution was to simply disconnect the wire coming toward that speaker thing.

then I open the door ( with flashing hazard lights given by the bloody security system) and try to start the car to take it out. ohhh dear it was not answering and gave that dragging sound only(starter motor?). after two or three tries, suddenly half of dashboard light flash once and vanished) . it is like everyone said good night and went to the bed. After that car is not starting. same dragging sound only. no dash board lights,(can see quick flash from air bag light)and no power shutters working.

to make this story short, I didnt include reason for doing this stupid thing, lot of self checks I did ,some Auto elect; advices I got over the phone, disconnecting batteries etc. And I could not see where the main unit is.

Important thing is, I did not touch anything other than batteries and above said wire.

Any way, I know this should be checked by some one who know the job with necessary tools.

But I thought of sharing this ,you may have some advices before take (tow) the sleeping car out.

sorry......post has become too long

Edited by Rishie
  • Like 1

10 answers to this question

Put the battery back on the remote and then get in the car and turn the key to on position but don't crank the car [try to start it], then press the #1 button again and try to start the car. If no luck, try #2 and repeat and so on. If not you'll have to have someone take a closer look. Seems that your alarm is activated and this is causing the engine to not run. If you like to get rid of it, most likely the control unit is located under the dash panel. Generally the unit is enclosed in a see though plastic housing. You can remove it there to disable the whole thing.

GL.

• Like 1

sounds like your immobilizer is kicking in. Look behind the dash panel under the steering wheel. The module for the alarm should be located there. You will need to unscrew and take off the panel to see it. Unplug the harness that goes into the module. This should turn off the alarm system/immobilizer.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

sounds like your immobilizer is kicking in. Look behind the dash panel under the steering wheel. The module for the alarm should be located there. You will need to unscrew and take off the panel to see it. Unplug the harness that goes into the module. This should turn off the alarm system/immobilizer.

i have this feeling that the car battery too is dead coz the alarm worked too much. Check whether the battery holds 12v and stat doing what mani and jd advised to do.

• Like 3

thanks friends,

@ mani,

i feel too late to do this but Will try and tell the result.

@jdnet,

Same thing suggested by one of my friend.(but he further suggested some data loss kind of thing.) Is this something I can do with any good auto electrcian. any risk ? ,

@harshan,

Battery fine. I didn't allow to play the alarm much.what happened was ,when I crank the engine,dash board lights (cannot remember how many ) flash once unusually and went every thing off. but still I can crank the engine. no dashboard light. power shutters not working. Radio working. I will check and tell you what is working and not working.

really speaking I am little away from colombo.Does not have much contact or good workshop around me.

any idea about this immobilizer thing really welcome. one of my friend coming here tonight to decide what the next step is.

Mani,

what a brilliant person you are.it works...thank you very much

I was reading this forum for last couple of years. Today is the first day i post a question.End up with successfull answer with really good ideas.

I am here for short holiday and need to fly back on next sunday. please give me any more suggestion to a keep a healthy car to my family.

what should I do with security system. Actually I DON'T need one. All these thing started when I was trying to get rid of it.

Thanks JD,Thanks Harshan

Your security system is probably working as it should, but confusing to use. In that case it`s a waste to get rid of it isn’t it? Maybe you could find the exact model number and try to download the user manual for it? Also, if there are any agents in SL who supports that particular brand, perhaps you can take the car to them and get the system checked/re-wired.

Usually the batteries of these systems last a few years, so if you`ve replaced new ones, they should last for a while.

Edited by MrCat

Mani,

what a brilliant person you are.it works...thank you very much

I was reading this forum for last couple of years. Today is the first day i post a question.End up with successfull answer with really good ideas.

I am here for short holiday and need to fly back on next sunday. please give me any more suggestion to a keep a healthy car to my family.

what should I do with security system. Actually I DON'T need one. All these thing started when I was trying to get rid of it.

Thanks JD,Thanks Harshan

I would get a decent auto electrician to take the system out for you of you could just unplug the harness from the module and leave the wiring alone. Most of these alarm systems are a headache IMAO.

@MrCat,

Yes, Exactly. since the remote controller does not have any brand name or any thing ( look very old ) I need to take the main unit out to check the brand name.

@JDNET

If you can suggest me any one for this ,that would be great.Coming to Colombo is not a big issue for me. But I need at least one day for that. so I will check this next time.

Thanks all

@JDNET

If you can suggest me any one for this ,that would be great.Coming to Colombo is not a big issue for me. But I need at least one day for that. so I will check this next time.

Thanks all

Well you don't need to come all the way to colombo to get the module removed. You can get any competent mechanic to remove it, or you could remove it yourself. All you would really need is a screw driver. I'm sure we can all guide you through the process.