• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What To Buy?

rashita

Hello,

Kindly help me to decide what to buy?

My options are;

Nissan N16 - Used

Nissan FB15 - Used

Toyota Passo - Used

or

My budget is around 1.8 M. Do you think that I have any other option to go? Expecting fuel consumption around 12 to 13 km/l in city limits. (I do not like Maruti/Alto)

Seek your advice

Hello,

My options are;

Nissan N16 - Used

Nissan FB15 - Used

Toyota Passo - Used

or

My budget is around 1.8 M. Do you think that I have any other option to go? Expecting fuel consumption around 12 to 13 km/l in city limits. (I do not like Maruti/Alto)

Seek your advice

n16 or fb15 don't give 12 or 13kmpl in city limits afaik max both of them can give is 9 or 10lmpl so you can forget about them why don't you consider diesel car at your price range?

n16 or fb15 don't give 12 or 13kmpl in city limits afaik max both of them can give is 9 or 10lmpl so you can forget about them why don't you consider diesel car at your price range?

Thanks for the reply. Can I go for a English No diesel car within my budget? I heard that repair cost is too high for diesel cars. That’s why I’am looking for a patrol car.

Hello,

My options are;

Nissan N16 - Used

Nissan FB15 - Used

Toyota Passo - Used

or

Seek your advice

How about a Perodua Viva?

Thanks for the reply. Can I go for a English No diesel car within my budget? I heard that repair cost is too high for diesel cars. That’s why I’am looking for a patrol car.

1 yes you can buy a english number diesel car in your budget

2yes the repair cost is higher than petrol car but the petrol and diesel price difference is 49 rupees for a liter

how many kilometers a day do you intend to travel on an average basis?

1 yes you can buy a english number diesel car in your budget

2yes the repair cost is higher than petrol car but the petrol and diesel price difference is 49 rupees for a liter

how many kilometers a day do you intend to travel on an average basis?

Average will be 30 km per day. Kindly suggest the diesel cars within my budget

I think it might b harder to finda English numbered diesel car to 1.8m but for sure u can find 64 numbered far less than 1.8m

if u hav 2.1m u can find good diesel car for sure

Average will be 30 km per day. Kindly suggest the diesel cars within my budget

if that so you will be better off buying a petrol car than diesel car never the less you can find nissan sb14,toyota corolla ce108 wagon,nissan bluebird su14,toyota starlet diesel,mitsubishi galant diesel or toyota tercel for your budget.

Edited by nexus

Hello,

My options are;

Nissan N16 - Used

Nissan FB15 - Used

Toyota Passo - Used

or

Seek your advice

out of those three.. acceding to your needed fuel consumption i say a passo..

but u suggest you a Mitsubishi Lancer CS1, CS2A model

and actually i have seen some advertisements of the face lifted 2003-2004 model cs1 for around 1.8M on AutoLanka

Average will be 30 km per day.

If you do 30km/day, 5 days/week, 52 weeks/year, that's 7800km/year; let's say even 10,000km/year with some leisure travel...

A car that does 13 km/l will cost Rs. 96,000/year on fuel

A car that does 9 km/l will cost Rs. 140,000/year on fuel

For saving less than 50,000/year on fuel it's not worth to chase after a car that can do 12-13 km/l.

Especially because "fuel efficient" cars command a premium price, so the 13km/l car will probably be older than the the 9km/l car you can buy for the same price, which generally means more maintenance costs (although of course that depends a lot on how the individual car has been taken care of)

I beg to differ, Whilst I agree that n16 does abt 9 the FB15 gives abt 11 in CMB my friend and on a run to Kalpitiya gave 14kmpl, I speak coz I used one, it was a rental mind you, and it did that well, of course the owner was very particular with the tune ups etc, he used to tke it back for the tune up every 4000KM

anyway as suggested a diesel would be best, Corolla AE110 is a nice car usually if your lucky you might get a GA or GB version.

Mitsubushi Galant 65- goes for abt 1.7 for a 99 BN version.

I beg to differ, Whilst I agree that n16 does abt 9 the FB15 gives abt 11 in CMB my friend and on a run to Kalpitiya gave 14kmpl, I speak coz I used one, it was a rental mind you, and it did that well, of course the owner was very particular with the tune ups etc, he used to tke it back for the tune up every 4000KM

anyway as suggested a diesel would be best, Corolla AE110 is a nice car usually if your lucky you might get a GA or GB version.

Thanks guys for your valuable advice

i have used fb 15 auto car in kandy city limits it will give like 7-8kmpl and one of my friend has a manual one and it give max in kandy city driving is 9-10kmpl and he is travel kandy to colombo frequently max he get is 10kmpl and nissan's are famous for giving different fuel figures.

also check these link out dude and see how nissan's giving different fuel figures

nissan fuel survey

Edited by nexus

i have used fb 15 auto car in kandy city limits it will give like 7-8kmpl and one of my friend has a manual one and it give max in kandy city driving is 9-10kmpl and he is travel kandy to colombo frequently max he get is 10kmpl and nissan's are famous for giving different fuel figures.

Yes machan I used a Auto FB15 for some time and it never did above 8km/l in colombo, no matter how much I tuned the engine.

Rashita may I suggest a ek3? You should be able to find a good english numbered one for your budget.

if that so you will be better off buying a petrol car than diesel car never the less you can find nissan sb14,toyota corolla ce108 wagon,nissan bluebird su14,toyota starlet diesel,mitsubishi galant diesel or toyota tercel for your budget.

I think corolla 110 is also possible for this amount of budget...

Edited by pontiac_gto

Yes machan I used a Auto FB15 for some time and it never did above 8km/l in colombo, no matter how much I tuned the engine.

Rashita may I suggest a ek3? You should be able to find a good english numbered one for your budget.

Honda Civic EK3? How about the spare parts ? I heard that maintenance/repair cost is higher than other cars. Is it true?

I think corolla 110 is also possible for this amount of budget...

65 number can be found but cant find a english number ce110 for that budget.

Honda Civic EK3? How about the spare parts ? I heard that maintenance/repair cost is higher than other cars. Is it true?

what you have heard is absolutely wrong. ek has got ample spare parts including body parts. and a good support from the agent.