• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice About Zotye Nomad Ii

uma

Looks like a Terios but apparently has an engine based on the Mitsubishi 4G13 (1.3L). Not sure how that came about ......

Well they are actually paying toyota royalties for the design. I guess they sourced the mitsu engines for a lot cheaper than the toyotas.

Well they are actually paying toyota royalties for the design. I guess they sourced the mitsu engines for a lot cheaper than the toyotas.

That sounds plausible ... I still think it has unnecessarily devalued this car, because else it could have been comparable in all ways to the Rush and the Terios and enjoyed much better market position. I mean the Malaysians make the Kelissa and the Viva based entirely on Daihatsu designs and it's worked out really well !

• Like 1

I want to buy Zotye Nomad 11 for permit. because cheep and SUV model for 1.7 Million. please advice me.Thanks

Are you serious?????

It's a waste of your permit. If you really calculate all the factors such as maintenance, fuel economy, resale value after 3 years, u will find that burning the permit and buying an old Terios (like Jdnet said) is much more cost effective.

Afaik when Daihatsu stopped producing the old Terios, they sold off the presses which were used to build the body panels. Chinese went and bought the old Daihatsu Terios presses and voila... 1 year later we have a Chinese SUV :)

@Don - Perodua has a proper technology transfer agreement with Daihatsu. On the other hand, Zhejiang (Manufacturer of Nomad) just sources parts from here and there and comes up with a product.

Edited by Crosswind

That sounds plausible ... I still think it has unnecessarily devalued this car, because else it could have been comparable in all ways to the Rush and the Terios and enjoyed much better market position. I mean the Malaysians make the Kelissa and the Viva based entirely on Daihatsu designs and it's worked out really well !

Actually from what i've been hearing, the interior really doesn't hold up too well. There seem to be quite a few mechanical troubles overtime

also, I found the wiki on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zotye_2008

Actually from what i've been hearing, the interior really doesn't hold up too well. There seem to be quite a few mechanical troubles overtime

also, I found the wiki on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zotye_2008

Sometime back I met a guy in a service station, who got himself a Nomad. He was talking about the need of an engine tune-up saying that it doesn't pull too well. When I asked him whether it was a recent occurence, he said that it's been like that since day 1 :)

Seems the 4G13 engine is grossly underpowered for that thing.

Among other things, he also mentioned that the screws that hold the dashboard and consoles have a nasty habit of coming loose.

His odo reading was around 7,000 I think.

Sometime back I met a guy in a service station, who got himself a Nomad. He was talking about the need of an engine tune-up saying that it doesn't pull too well. When I asked him whether it was a recent occurence, he said that it's been like that since day 1 :)

Seems the 4G13 engine is grossly underpowered for that thing.

Among other things, he also mentioned that the screws that hold the dashboard and consoles have a nasty habit of coming loose.

His odo reading was around 7,000 I think.

Well the 4G13 engine is a 1.3L engine, and a design that has existed for some time. It's more suited for small hatchbacks and sedans not a 5 door mini SUV with big wheels. I'm also not sure which generation of 4G13 they have copied.

And you have just confirmed what JDNet said about not being very well put together.

Afaik when Daihatsu stopped producing the old Terios, they sold off the presses which were used to build the body panels. Chinese went and bought the old Daihatsu Terios presses and voila... 1 year later we have a Chinese SUV :)..............

+1

There are some other vehicles which were made using the dies and presses of discontinued Japanese models.smile.gif

Suzuki Alto (2nd gen.) -------------> Maruti 800

Suzuki MR Wagon (1st gen.)-------> Maruti Zen Estilo

Toyota Kijang (3rd gen.) --------> Kirloskar Toyota Qualis--------> Micro Sonalika Rhino(?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway what "uma" was asking about is Zotye Nomad 11.

It was advertised in the HitAd on 8th of May 2011.

It has a different front end (one will no longer mistake it for a Terios) and a 1500cc Mitsubishi engine.

Edited by samishka